Darkest Dungeon (Kickstarter)

Krag

Peasant
Darkest Dungeon on Kickstarter

It has already been funded, but I've been waiting for more news since the first trailer and screenshots appeared this fall, so I'm going to make a post anyway. I think the art style is amazing and together with trying to do some new things that was why I got interested by the first glimpses of the game.

Some notable features:
*The Affliction System ? heroes' personalities are paramount! Contend with paranoia, abusiveness, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks
*Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
*Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
*A distinctive game world featuring over a dozen unique playable character classes such as the Plague Doctor, the Highwayman, and even the Leper!

Newest trailer:

Some screens from the kickstarter page:
adab773cb5d5e363adbe6dd3f6821ef1_large.gif

b1d8937051b7b6b9dda41814503dcd36_large.gif

e21cd531875484e07d4c88815fccc679_large.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I backed this on day one because it is yet another kickstarter game that is pushing the envelope. If they make a decent game that has a few gems that carry on to the mainstream than it will be a success in my mind. I'm surprised the idea of having problems arise from excessive dungeon crawling haven't been explored before through video games. Wasn't it a huge part of the Cthulu RPG? Didn't Earthdawn also have traits that negatively affected your dice?

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Looking forward to this. Reminds me of a grimdark fantasy version of FTL. The quality of their kickstarter raises the bar to an almost unfair level for other indie games.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Gave McQuaid my money. I have faith in him.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No, I actually mailed him a money order.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
This game looks really good but none of the Kickstarter packages are too compelling for me. I'll keep it on my radar for sure.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This game looks really good but none of the Kickstarter packages are too compelling for me. I'll keep it on my radar for sure.
Go for the lowest teir that includes a copy of the game. You get a slight discount and the satisfaction that you are helping hit stretch goals that make the game larger than it would be if you hadn't pledged. Do it for your bros that want to see the extra dungeons.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Go for the lowest teir that includes a copy of the game. You get a slight discount and the satisfaction that you are helping hit stretch goals that make the game larger than it would be if you hadn't pledged. Do it for your bros that want to see the extra dungeons.
Fine.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks amazing, instantly kicked at the $20 tier. Nobrainer at $15/$20 depending on your feelings on beta'ing unless you just hate computer games.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was initially just going to do the $15 tier, because I typically avoid too much early access since it might burn me out before I get the full game, but for $5 extra I figured I might as well, and this seems like the type of game you'll be playing many times over and over.

In other words, funded!