Darkest Dungeon

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Spoilers for third boss:
anyone know what happens if you kill the wizened hag while one of your characters is in the pot?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spoilers for third boss:
anyone know what happens if you kill the wizened hag while one of your characters is in the pot?
She was second in my order, but I wasn't able to beat her - that pot just absorbs so much damage and wasn't prepared for "only rear rank attacks" like needed for her.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
She wiped me the first time, I'm gearing the fuck out for my next try. I don't want to lose anyone!

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Release date is Feb 3rd. Today is Feb 3rd. Where is my game? Don't tell me that this is just EA bs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Release date is Feb 3rd. Today is Feb 3rd. Where is my game? Don't tell me that this is just EA bs.
Early access is today, not full release.

Just bought it, game is brutal. Everything was going fine. Followed the guide of

- Only do short missions at first
- Only buy 8 food 8 torches, 1 shovel. Keep torches lit above 75% until level 3+
- Only upgrade stage coach until you get around 4 new heroes per week, and your active party is 12.
- Avoid backtracking as much as possible, especially walking backwards as that raises stress levels.

Party is working fantastic, suddenly get 3 bandits who crit on every attack on me. Go from close to full health on everyone to dead, dying, all max stress within 3 rounds.

Vaclav

Were you on a higher level dungeon? Not touched 5's yet, but the rate on 3's critting is WAY higher than 1's.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Were you on a higher level dungeon? Not touched 5's yet, but the rate on 3's critting is WAY higher than 1's.
No, I think it was a level 1. Unless I clicked wrong, which I might have. But every fight in it was normal, then I entered a room that was nearly identical to the first room fight in the tutorial with one large guy and one bandit, except this was one more bandit. They hit one of my party for 20, then a triple crit for 15-18 among everyone in the first round. AE whip from large guy killed one and put another at deaths door by round 2, and everyone else maxed stress and got afflicted. By this I had done 4 damage to one guy and inflicted bleed. I just hit esc and quit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I gotta say I don't really get it, I'm pretty sure the game isn't finished yet, I'm not sure why everyone's excited about the release date or whatever when I think it's just EA shit. I don't care shit about EA I don't want to play an unfinished game but don't know. I mean they released the EA for backers a few days ago, surely they're not now done with the game?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would assume it'll have fairly constant tweaks and patches (fingers crossed). It looks like fun so I got it; decent price. I hope it has CONTENT updates in a timely manner as well.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
It's not finished, the last two zones aren't in yet. Plus extra classes upon full release. The gameplay is also hugely recycled as you move up. Hardly any new graphics as you progress, to include the boss fights. Having to fight the same boss's repeatedly, with the same mechanics, with just new names is lame. Upgrading skills just makes them marginally better. No new skills as you level your characters. What you see from the start is pretty much the entire game at the moment. The rest of the game is just heavily recycled from the beginning. That being said, the game itself is fun. The mechanics are interesting and gameplay is challenging without resorting to much to just bs. It can take you awhile to learn decent synergies between your party members. And I enjoy the grim style. Plus it looks as if the devs are actively watching the streamers and bug reports to patch things quickly. I'll look for the game again if it makes full release.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You know... this is a flash game isn't it? People are selling them on Steam (good for them if they can up the quality this much).

Did anyone play "Sonny" and "Sonny 2" a few years ago? This reminds me of that...

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I am a little over this game already. Watching streamers, they are getting thousands of gold just right off the bat -- even in the tutorial. I avoid using the torch much to get extra loot, yet I get absolutely shit. What's worse is, is that the game is essentially bugged to relieve stress for my tank. He has "God Fearing" and "Lover" -- so, there is absolutely no way to get rid of the stress. What sucks even MORE is that I cured the tank of "Lover" so that he could pray. HE STILL COULDN'T PRAY. I've been getting rogues and casters. NO TANKS.

FFS.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a little over this game already. Watching streamers, they are getting thousands of gold just right off the bat -- even in the tutorial. I avoid using the torch much to get extra loot, yet I get absolutely shit. What's worse is, is that the game is essentially bugged to relieve stress for my tank. He has "God Fearing" and "Lover" -- so, there is absolutely no way to get rid of the stress. What sucks even MORE is that I cured the tank of "Lover" so that he could pray. HE STILL COULDN'T PRAY. I've been getting rogues and casters. NO TANKS.

FFS.
Can you at least get past the first fucking dungeon? I can't. Everyone basically dead 2/3's into it.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Putting a jester in my party coupled with 2 stunners has relieved me of most of my stress issues. It costs way too much in the early stages to remove stress (even with the cost reduction talents) but I found that I can just take the party in a dungeon with the jester that has the heal stress skill. Engage a group making sure to take out any sharp wielding baddies first as they seem to have a higher chance to crit which leads directly to stress. Leave 1 mob alive while keeping him chain stunned and scum heal the party/stress away.

Group makeup from back to front:

Jester (heal stress talent)
Vestal (party heal/single target heal)
Highwayman (frag grenade for the stun)
Hellion/Crusader (self stress heal/stun)

You can change your skills out while in the dungeon so that helps quite a bit too.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've done about 5 or so dungeons thus far. The most I've ever gotten in a single dungeon was about 2k gold. That's with my torch pretty much ALWAYS out.

Vaclav

FFS.
If you get two "Can't use X stress relief" effects there's two things to know:
1) Only the most recent (bottom of the list) is in effect if they contradict each other.
2) Sanitarium lets you remove negative Quirks.

So unless you got hit by a bug of some sort, there's something else happening that's causing the blocking issue.

Vaclav

I've done about 5 or so dungeons thus far. The most I've ever gotten in a single dungeon was about 2k gold. That's with my torch pretty much ALWAYS out.
Torch (++Loot) out doesn't modify gold from what I've seen - it only seems to increase the drop rate on trinkets - in Diablo terms, it seems like Magic Find, not Gold Find. And with how much more rapidly stress mounts in the dark, it's just not worth it IMO until I've got a badass Jester going (as above) or if it's a camping dungeon a party with really good camp stress skills.

If you're really looking for extra money, best bang for the buck I've found is buying 2 skeleton keys a mission when I'm comfortable on cash for it.

Also Kuriin, you've got the camp upgraded to get 4 recruits at least a week, right? Should get a Hellion/Leper/Crusader every single week, and they all make great tanks - Grave Robber with all the Dodge buffs can be pretty amazing too, they get VERY hard for enemies to hit, so become great avoidance tanks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone found a use for plague doctor or grave robber yet? Only two I can't really seem to fit in to a party. Jester is...almost good? The stress thing is kinda nice, but not sure I can afford one dude sitting in back spamming his lute all day.