Darkfall - Rise of Agon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I searched and didn't see any threads for RoA so here it is.

Darkfall Rise of Agon - Sandbox MMO Adventure

Original Darkfall is by far my favorite MMO of all time. No game has come close to scratching as many itches as Darkfall. High skill cap, true FPS combat with zero auto hit abilities, long time to kill, full loot, and all in a huge seemless world with zero instancing.

The guys behind the game are all long time players who truly love the game and are trying their best to fix its issues and make it successful. They've made impressive progress with the UI to the point where scripting is no longer necessary at all. That, in and of itself should be worthy of some sort of award. There is a mountain of other changes and improvements but the scripting part is the most impressive to me.

If any of this sounds interesting and you can get past the dated graphics, I highly suggest checking RoA out.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'll be playing this one release. Looks good, but I only played Darkfall on release for about a month so its more or less all going to be fresh for me. A lot of pvp gaming coming out in may.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If you need people to run around with my group will be playing. We've been together under a few different names since early DF beta. We're a pretty relaxed group, mostly 30-40's.

We like themed guilds and it's Ork arms dealers this time around. All that means is the in game leadership will be Ork race, all other races are welcome.

http://www.bigburning.com/

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm down to finally try this, anyone have a referral code? About to first time sub and that gives some kick backs.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is this game? I am looking to PVP a little bit, how is the PVP in this game? I never played the Original Darkfall

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
How is this game? I am looking to PVP a little bit, how is the PVP in this game? I never played the Original Darkfall

The PvP is amazing once you figure the game out a bit. It's highly skill based though so it can be pretty daunting getting into it.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
I figured for $9.99 why not. Have no clue what the hell I am doing but it is pretty fun so far

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Follow the new player tutorial - it will lead you to the start of a series of quests in your starter town. The quests are pretty easy and reward potions that increase your base stats by 2 a pop (to a maximum of 25) so they're great. I did all of them and I'm far from a new player.

Start getting used to making smart bind decisions with your abilities. The quicker you become second nature with your binds the better off you will be when it's PvP time. I've always played with my transfers (Stam to health, mana to stam, health to mana) as shift +1, 2, 3. Those will be your most used abilities over time so you want them in a very easy key combination.

Also, I'm not sure if the new player tutorial thing goes over it or not but one of the big changes they made with the UI lets you add multiple abilities to the same keybind slot. It also has a little setup button on the ability that lets you change the behavior of that particular set of actions. For example, you can put your disable bow attack and disable greatclub ability in the same slot and whenever you use that ability it will select the correct ability given what current weapon you are using. (You used to either have to use multiple key binds or write a custom script using a 3rd party program)

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Follow the new player tutorial - it will lead you to the start of a series of quests in your starter town. The quests are pretty easy and reward potions that increase your base stats by 2 a pop (to a maximum of 25) so they're great. I did all of them and I'm far from a new player.

Start getting used to making smart bind decisions with your abilities. The quicker you become second nature with your binds the better off you will be when it's PvP time. I've always played with my transfers (Stam to health, mana to stam, health to mana) as shift +1, 2, 3. Those will be your most used abilities over time so you want them in a very easy key combination.

Also, I'm not sure if the new player tutorial thing goes over it or not but one of the big changes they made with the UI lets you add multiple abilities to the same keybind slot. It also has a little setup button on the ability that lets you change the behavior of that particular set of actions. For example, you can put your disable bow attack and disable greatclub ability in the same slot and whenever you use that ability it will select the correct ability given what current weapon you are using. (You used to either have to use multiple key binds or write a custom script using a 3rd party program)

How do I set them to shift 1 shift 2 and shift 3? I can't find a turtorial on how to set keybinds/

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Hit esc, go to the options menu (gears) go to input bindings, and everything is set from there. If you have Shift bound to sprint, you need to rebind it in order to use shift as a modifier.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If you have Shift bound to sprint, you need to rebind it in order to use shift as a modifier.

Which I recommend doing. Use the sprint toggle keybind option (whatever you want to use - I'm using default tab for now). You're going to be sprinting 98% of the time so having shift tied up with it is a waste IMO.

YHO

Trakanon Raider
I highly encourage anyone with a pulse that enjoys skill based, no tab targeting pvp to try this game. Fair warning your life will hate this game. Thank me or hate me later.

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
If you need people to run around with my group will be playing. We've been together under a few different names since early DF beta. We're a pretty relaxed group, mostly 30-40's.

We like themed guilds and it's Ork arms dealers this time around. All that means is the in game leadership will be Ork race, all other races are welcome.

http://www.bigburning.com/
tossed an app in. Played first few months of NA release. I'm excited they redid this.