Darts - Cricket, 501, 301 etc

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Anyone play? Dart Board in a game room/man cave perhaps?

I am helping a friend with a product he came up with and would be willing to ship out a few units to get some feedback if anyone is interested and plays.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
One of my housemates brought one back to our house last week at the beginning of the semester and it's all we've been playing

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Play cricket often at the bar, thats about the only time though

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Played a lot of crickett in college, originally only at the bar. Roommates bought one for the house and we used the shit out of it. Due to the combination of inexperienced guests and alcohol we used the shit out of the surrounding wall too.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
When I go back home my dad and I play a lot. He has his down in the basement. Just a cheap old one from the local store in town. Steel tip only in his house. We haven't thrown one at each other yet but it has been tempting with the amount of alcohol involved.

Torpid_sl

shitlord
Love darts! My friends and I play money games every weekend. We usually play cricket until some one gets too drunk...then we play team cricket and stick the drunks on a team and collect money.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been in a team league(soft tip) out of my local drinking hole for about two years now. Winter season actually started last night(12-3 win over a scrub team). I'm not actually very good though, low end B leaguer. ~16ppd average and ~1.8mpr.

Be really curious to see what your friend's top secret product is though.

Unrelated to that: Wold Cup starts this weekend I believe. Two man team format tournament with the top 2 PDC order of merit guys from each country. Anyone wanting to watch should check the "Where to watch" sticky, there's usually multiple Justin.tv channels showing PDC events. I'll post specific channels here closer to start time. It's a very cool event to watch with the different format, and the England and Dutch rivalry should be amazing this year with Barnie/MVG on the Dutch team.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Right on! Good to see some players!

My buddy has come up with a really neat magnetic scoreboard for Crickett and number games, it works really well and is very reasonable. I have about 10 boards set aside for demo purposes, so if anyone is interested PM me your info and i will have them send one out. I think just getting a few out in the wild will be good for them.

Played seriously for 10+ yrs. Steel tip only, {electric darts are for faggots}. Own 3 sets of good darts, an old set of hvy big barrel Hammerheads are my bread and butter. Was in a league way back when. Used to hustle drinks at the local pub nightly. I'd throw 200 darts to warn up before leaving the house. Played a bit in Japan, there you let the other guy win if you want free drinks, but you have to make it a challenge or they lose interest. I'd play anything, all the variations of the Oh-ones, Cricket, Tic-tac-toe, Golf.

Haven't played in 6-7 years since I quit drinking heavily / nightly, I should dust off the board and see if I still have any chops.

hammerheadlogo.jpg

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a board, I used to play all the time when I lived with cool roommates, now I think the fucking thing is collecting dust. Shame really, I'm probably better off drinking and playing darts by myself than drinking and surfing the web or playing some computer game.

We used to play cricket mostly, but it was that funky reverse one or whatever. I had bought an electronic score board for my old bar that would let you play any one of about 50 games. Only like 20$ too. After many years I got to be "above average"(in normal dude terms not pro-dart folks)....no idea what my skill level is now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is Michael VanGerwen missing back to back 9 darters by about a half an inch on the 18th dart at the World Championships last month. Phil Taylor himself said he's never gone back to back even in practice. Taylor, by far the greatest player ever, called him the best player he's ever seen when he's on. He's only 23, most of his competitors are 15-20+ years his senior.

As for the cricket scoreboard, wouldn't be much use there sorry. Electronic boards etc.

They actually have electronic bristle boards now, but I haven't read great reviews on them yet. Still, that seems like the future. Steel tip darts and automatic scoring.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Ok i replied to all the PM's, good to see some interest.

Here is a link to thier website and FB page. The website is horrible but i am working on a new one for them.

I actually used the board for the first time over the weekend and it really worked out well. I dont know how much demand there would be for the product, but it is a niche market and an neat and functional design. It really did make scoring cricket easy as hell.

http://rvbscoreboards.com/

https://www.facebook.com/RvbScoreboards?ref=stream

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
This is Michael VanGerwen missing back to back 9 darters by about a half an inch on the 18th dart at the World Championships last month. Phil Taylor himself said he's never gone back to back even in practice. Taylor, by far the greatest player ever, called him the best player he's ever seen when he's on. He's only 23, most of his competitors are 15-20+ years his senior.

As for the cricket scoreboard, wouldn't be much use there sorry. Electronic boards etc.

They actually have electronic bristle boards now, but I haven't read great reviews on them yet. Still, that seems like the future. Steel tip darts and automatic scoring.
LOL that dude's swagger.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus, slaughterhouse out there tonight. 5 of the 8 seeded nations knocked out, including 2-4. England barely made it by South Africa and their one eyed dart master. With the US and Canada both out now I'm squarely in the corner of Japan. It would be interesting to see Germany win at home, but I can only cheer for so many Axis teams.

Realistically all these knockouts probably just cleared the road for England to steamroll.

edit: Aw shit, Katsumi beat Lewis to force the Japan/England rematch in to the doubles legs.