Dave Chappelle

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No Charlie Murphy or Chinese guy? Sad day
Charlie Murphy has been feeling a little under the ground for a while now and couldn't make it, unfortunately.

Posted in SS, but it can go here too, since this is his thread. His short standup bit on SNL at least had some funny parts:

• 5Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He went pretty hard considering the situation. I'm pretty interested to hear Chris Rock is doing a live streaming special on Netflix soon. I wonder if they are pre-approving his jokes. Rock has toned down a bit lately but back in the 90s he was fearless.

spronk

FPS noob
lol

gotcha-bitch-dave-chappelle.gif

• 18Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 23 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Charlie Murphy has been feeling a little under the ground for a while now and couldn't make it, unfortunately.

Posted in SS, but it can go here too, since this is his thread. His short standup bit on SNL at least had some funny parts:
Didn't even remember he died, thats a sad day for the world. Dude was funny as hell

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Boy did that SNL monologue rile up the media cocksuckers.

Holy shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure this is mostly bullshit, SNL would not have put the video up on their Youtube page if this was unapproved.

I saw this live that night and it was fucking hilarious though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure this is mostly bullshit, SNL would not have put the video up on their Youtube page if this was unapproved.

I saw this live that night and it was fucking hilarious though.
From what I read (though who knows), thats a normal thing Chappelle does. However, that doesn't mean it's not approved. It's entirely possible that he and Lorne have some agreement going on. It might even be a normal thing for other hosts as well. Think about it like a rehearsal wedding. Every officiant I've ever seen has a different speech they give during the rehearsal.

I'm not saying every host does this, but I could absolutely see hosts that have a background in live performances do a bunch of jokes for the cast at rehearsal that were never meant to be a part of the live performance. Chappelle is just getting called out because someone got their overly sensitive feelings hurt and our culture teaches that victimhood is virtuous now.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From what I read (though who knows), thats a normal thing Chappelle does. However, that doesn't mean it's not approved. It's entirely possible that he and Lorne have some agreement going on. It might even be a normal thing for other hosts as well. Think about it like a rehearsal wedding. Every officiant I've ever seen has a different speech they give during the rehearsal.

I'm not saying every host does this, but I could absolutely see hosts that have a background in live performances do a bunch of jokes for the cast at rehearsal that were never meant to be a part of the live performance. Chappelle is just getting called out because someone got their overly sensitive feelings hurt and our culture teaches that victimhood is virtuous now.

Lorne definitely had a heads up from Dave that he was going to hit on a few recent topics. If not just because of how hands on Lorne is-- professional courtesy would be given to him.

Doubt anyone besides Lorne knew where he was going to take it though.