Dave

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So season two is a fucking train wreck.

But I realized today, after reading about Lil Dicky, that it's basically a perfect allegory of his career. He basically came out on fire, albeit kind of weird, and then just did abso-fucking-lutely nothing ever since.

Every episode has just been super awkward and uncomfortable. There's essentially no jokes. It's just him alienating literally everyone around him. I have no idea what he's going for with this show, but I imagine this thing doesn't get a third season.

I saw someone compare this show to Louie, and I think that's pretty apt.
I don't know, I feel like the show is going through some of the same things it did last season, where the midseason had a pretty big lull and got downright shitty for 3 or 4 episodes. Then they pulled it together in the last 3 or so episodes, after starting the season hilariously. I think that episodes 3-6 were pretty meh, with a few episodes downright awful. I feel like the last 2 episodes have been way better, even if they've turned the show a bit more "dramatic" than it was last season (although, it went through periods with the Gaeta stuff).

It's not on the level of the wooden t-shirt or milking table of last season by any stretch, but I'm still finding it pretty enjoyable and super fucking welcome in a sea of SJW trash (it has very little "woke" shit in it).

P.S. I don't know what is is about Ali, but despite being a VERY average looking chick, she just fucking does something for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not the funniest episode (although, the scene where they tell Dave he can't be silent for more than 10 secs, then he tries to "prove them wrong" by squeezing out a fart was pretty fucking funny. As was the wifi password bit), but for some reason I really dug it. Then again, I like weird, trippy shit like this episode(Vanilla Sky is one of my top 10 movies, for instance).

I think my big issue with Dave is that they just can't figure out what type of show they want to be. Season 1 was super hilarious and an obvious comedy up through like episode 4ish. Then it took a weird, "serious" tone for 3-4 episodes, before settling back to some hilarious shit. Season 2 just started out all over the fucking place with some hilarious bits here and there (the Kareem episode was pretty funny), but it switches from serious to funny constantly, often within the same episode.

I'll probably watch a season 3, but if it starts out like season 2 did, I'm out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea season 2 overall has not been very good. I dont like how edgy and serious they try to make it. The comedy in season one was a lot better. His friends arent even supporting characters this season.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dave Burd (aka Little Dicky IRL) has said he wanted to shift the tone in S2 to be a bit more emotional. He has said that he thinks Season 3 is going to be some of the most hilarious stuff ever put on TV, so we'll see. I really hope he switches it up for S3, because if he goes back to a heavy "emotional" focus in S3 like he did with S2, I doubt I'll keep watching.

Animosity

The finale was fine and had some good moments. The storyline with Gata was probably the best part of the season. His ex and his friends barely being in it was a big let down. They were great in season 1.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I saw someone compare this show to Louie, and I think that's pretty apt.
That's all I can think of while watching, in a good way.

I appreciate how free-form it is where the is a larger story arch, but it's not always clear how the individual episodes fit into it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Season 3 starts April 5th.
While I felt S2 was a big step backwards, I still found moments enjoyable. Plus, I thought S1 was goddamned hilarious. There's something about this show that I just like for some reason and I can't entirely put my finger on it. I'm glad it's coming back for a S3.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The eating ass episode and the justin Bieber episode were standouts for me

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
3rd season started off really, really good. More goofy shit and less wallowing so far.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The wife and I love this show, but I have to say S3 Ep 1 is possibly the worst episode I have seen. I smiled once and just couldn't wait for it to be over. Hoping Ep 2 is better.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
3rd season started off really, really good. More goofy shit and less wallowing so far.
Yeah, but they went right back to the bullshit in Ep. 2. I agree that Ep. 1 gave me hope in a return to form, but I didn't laugh once in 2.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is this opposite world? I feel completely different about the first two episodes. Two wasn't great but it was much better than one.

• 1Like

Animosity

Season finale was pretty good. The last few episodes of season 3 were decent. The Met Gala was probably the best. Better than season 2 but still nothing close to season 1. Based on all the huge cameos, this will probably get a season 4.

• 1Like

bigolas

Brad Pitt guest starred and was great in his role. Good season overall.

• 1Like