Dawn of War 3

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
W/ the moba-style maps, can you even do a 4v2 comp-stomp? That's really all my friends and I are looking for really, our next Supreme Commander / Company of Heroes to pour hundreds of hours of co-op into. Everything's kinda been shit ever since.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is from the Steam page. Are you guys saying I can't trust my old faithful sites like gamer.nl, jeuxactu.com, and everyeye.it??? What is the world coming to!

review.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not the best analogy since battlefleet gothic ended up kinda being ass too and abandoned by devs. But yes the campaign and stuff like that ork cutscene does capture the spirit of orks well.

I really love the wagghh towers mad max doof wagon build up for example. It and the knights and equivalent only things of much interest/soul.

But god damn I cant even enjoy the campaign. Pretty sure I'm half done and it's been all what amount to tutorial missions. Between the eldar sound bug, wierd things playing sound when they shouldnt. If you use dual monitor often breaking screen scrolling. Post game bugs with wrong shit showing. Hell first mission I could select elites(you cant but they are there)..... I have 2 marines and 3rd spot which is supposed to be locked as jonah is showing the eldar knight.... Skimmers hiccup and reset positions randomly while hovering over/past terrain.

First impressions were bad but been trying to keep a open mind. Stuff like vanilla COH took a long time ot master, and I hated dow 2 at first then I came to really love it's MP........ but think this one is going down as a shit sandwhich.

rad

Lord of Guk
Guys being a little over the top, it's not a bad game. Perhaps not what you wanted but still enjoyable.

Agree about some of the bugs, not quite polished in that sense.

Sludig

You must not have a high standard for games. It has to be pretty bad to reach as low in steam reviews and not even making a blip on the top sellers.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
For me, as a soloplayer with no intrest what so ever in online multiplayer it feels more like a tech-demo then a game.

Not even a conquest map style gamemode? wft? When they offer a decent campaign for each race (as a DLC no doubt) it will be ok to get in a bundle on sale.

For anyone who loves online multiplayer.... might be good?

Its a WH40K RTS game, but its not in anyway close to being a Dawn of War game. Too barebones and lacking too many things to belong to that series. Example: No camera zoom or rotation.

Sludig

Also kinda triggered Marines so blame like the dev has beef with them. Every other race had some unusual or cool things and unique mechanics.

Whirlwind is slower than it needs to be when it's unarmed. Dread has no gun options. Predator broken into 2 units and no landraider or transport option..... I don't think you can even load empty pod with existing unit you have to make a new one.

Passed over so many neat models that came out in last 5 years. Various flyers, tanks and stuff like centurions.

Rime

<Donor>
And of course, they will spin this as fans not wanting things in the RTS/WH40k genres.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Friend is offering me a free copy of DoW 3 and judging from the feedback I don't think I'd want it even if I had a working video card lol

• 1Solidarity

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
dammit just re-skin DoW Soulstorm(or DoW2), add more units and more maps. sell for 70$. how fuckin hard is that. make the game that i want ufuckers.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
dammit just re-skin DoW Soulstorm(or DoW2), add more units and more maps. sell for 70$. how fuckin hard is that. make the game that i want ufuckers.

My sentiments exactly. Give me DoW1 with DoW2 (or 3) graphics. A new campaign/world map. I will give you $60 without hesitation.

They keep trying to re-invent the wheel and failing. People who loved DoW1 tended to dislike DoW2 (I did at first. Campaign was fun, multiplayer not so much). It seems like nobody I know likes DoW3.

• 1Solidarity

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Everything since Dawn of War II: Chaos RIsing has been an increasing disappointment. I don't understand how the franchise has failed so horribly when it could have been a license to print money.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Despite some hating late dow 2 for some reason. (It still did well, semi popular for competitive etc) I don't see how they fucked up fans of both dow1/2 so bad. Neither "team" got what they woulda liked. Like how heavy was sonic meddling in the game making? Or is it relic really lost touch and/or got infected by the types of tards that made andromeda.

Makes me sad since their old stuff were classics, but this has been a string of fail. Desserts of Kharak, awful and abandoned, still with save game breaking bug iirc. COH 2, DLC etc aids and also broke the good balance of COH 1. (Honestly first expansions started breaking it with brits being able to move base fast and easy and just camp one high node and PE having T1 vehicles running around.)

• 1Solidarity