DBZ Xenoverse

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Turbo, I think you can form a team at one of the counters and invite people from that. I have yet to do it so I cant say for sure.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
So I've fucked around abit with this on PC and while fun I'm surprised I haven't seen more bitching. Unless I'm missing a way to do things...the servers are complete fucking shit. 25% of the time I can't even play the game in single player mode because it can't link to a server. I got a friend to do a few missions and the whole party grouping seems just god awful. I'm assuming you can set up more of a permant group instead of via mission with the "Team" functionality but I don't see anywhere to add a friend.

Just seems like a pretty cool idea and gameplay mixed with the worst grouping functionality I've ever seen. Even when we could get into a mission together we still lagged hardcore at the start (I play MOBA's pretty heavy and do not have issues what so ever with my internet performance).

I should try with a controller scheme, most the keyboard stuff feels natural since I run 4 of the action buttons off my naga but basically seems like just 1 button too many in odd places to play naturally on a K/B. (note: I'm not a big keyboard guy I like to do a lot with mouse and limit my movements with ASDW outside of 2-3 buttons)
Here is how to add a person to your Favorites list:Steam Community :: Guide :: How to: Invite Steam friends to Team

Column_sl

shitlord
I think they will work through the server issues. I don't think they were expecting the game to do this well

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's ways to play the game fine without losing much of the online functionalities. Basically you disconnect before launching the game(either you pull the plug or you steam offline/turn off internet in PS4 dashboard and so on), launch, select your char and load the game, which puts you in an offline city lobby thing. Then you reconnect and you can do online battles and stuff, but everytime you come back to town, you end back in your offline lobby, so you don't get disconnected repeatedly. I think the only thing you lose from that is NPCs being randomly generated and maybe the ability to play with friends in the same lobby(not sure how that works tbh).

But yeah it's pretty clear they vastly underestimated their network needs. On the other hand it's nice cause it means the game sold decently, and overall it's a pretty decent game so it's nice that it sells. And nice that it sold well on PC, again a game that does a good job for a most likely relatively easy port to PC nowadays, so more and more japanese devs keep doing it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
What sucks is most of them can't be punished. Like you teleport behind them during the cast and pop a special attack and it does 0damage and doesn't stagger them either, which kinda sucks. Can't throw them either, which imo should break it since it requires to be pretty close.
They lose stamina when you hit though, if you hit em after they run out you'll break their ability & do damage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They lose stamina when you hit though, if you hit em after they run out you'll break their ability & do damage.
I haven't seen a NPC actually run out of stamina yet. I know that's how it works on players and I get fucked pretty often when I'm spamming Final Flash in SSJ, but NPCs seem to have either a retarded amount of stamina or cheat.

Edit: Ok now I have seen them run out of stamina, but they have pretty high values, only reliable stuff that runs them out are other ultimates it seems.

I unlocked SSJ form and started spamming Final Flash over and over and while they can generally block a good bit of the first one, after that they're pretty much fucked and even the first they don't block entirely. Then I unlocked Death Ball randomly and you can basically 100% any enemy in about 3bars of Ki(last few bosses in story mode take 4) just spamming it because it causes a long stagger after it hits which lets you cast another one and hit them again, they basically cannot move ever if they get hit once, unless someone else runs into the way. Game got stupid easy at that point and I Z-ranked almost everything since.

Column_sl

shitlord
Amazing Z soul, super stats, and regen

easy to get as well

works best if you keep your Ki stat to 0

this is how to get "i am neither kami nor piccolo now..."

1) Purchase the "Double it, but go no higher!" Z-Soul from the shop.
2) Grind out a Soul Echo Device in Parallel Quests. They're a reward in a lot of missions.
3) Grind out a "I must protect Grand Elder Guru!" Z-Soul in the Legendary Super Saiyan PQ (it's a Rank 3)
4) Grind out a "Don't underestimate Earth!!" Z-Soul from (I think) PQ #6. You get the mission in question from Nappa, so if you don't see it on the list, that's why.
5) Go to the Mixing Shop and combine "Double it, but go no higher!" and the Soul Echo Device to create "A god isn't what this world needs..."
6) Then combine "I must protect Grand Elder Guru!" and "Don't underestimate Earth!" to create "Feel the wrath of a Namekian!"
7) Lastly, combine those two to create "I am neither Kami nor Piccolo now..."
---

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amazing Z soul, super stats, and regen

easy to get as well

works best if you keep your Ki stat to 0
I think for Step 5 you can't mix them until sometime around the Androids/Buu missions.

Edit: Just confirmed it. You won't see " A god isn't what this world needs..." until you face a defeat Perfect Cell after he absorbs the androids. Ironically you can see "I am neither Kami no Piccolo now..." in the store right after you defeat 17 and 18 in the mission before but you can't make "A god isn't what this world needs..." until beating the next mission.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing this for PS4? I think this is the most talked about game around here in awhile. There's quite a bit of hype being caused due to availability as well.

From what I've heard Amazon has been sold out, Gamestop had been sold out, and every physical store is still waiting on more around here.

Is this game really that good?

Column_sl

shitlord
It just a Fighting game/Diabloish clone that works. Feels really solid, but doesn't have to re-invent the wheel.

Bottom line it's a fun game, and that's why people are playing it

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Xenoverse 2 just came out,anyone fired it up yet? First one was a surprise piece of awesome

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I always wait on the full DLC.

However I am still salty I cant figure out a way to get SS4 Vegeta on Xenoverse 1.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Xenoverse 2 just came out,anyone fired it up yet? First one was a surprise piece of awesome
I got the first one on sale and found it really fucking hard. I think I spent like an hour trying to beat Nappa then just gave up. To be fair though fighting games aren't really my thing and I was probably doing something very wrong.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got the first one on sale and found it really fucking hard. I think I spent like an hour trying to beat Nappa then just gave up. To be fair though fighting games aren't really my thing and I was probably doing something very wrong.

It is very difficult at first, the controls are a bit funky compared to Bodakai Games. You go through a bit of the story then have to go do Parallel quests for skills and techniques. Once you get Final Flash and a version of Super Saiyan you can win the game no problem. I went through my first run as a Tall Namek and i figured out a pretty decent ground combo, but he couldn't beat things quickly enough for some of the Special Quests. But a Saiyan with Super Vegeta , hyper drain, Final Flash (or Super Kamehameha or Whatever Spammable Ultimate) and Beam Cannon can wreck dudes. Especially combined with the capsules that slows energy when in Super Saiyan. I finally 100% a couple months ago. Basically Super Saiyan Makes you spam Ultimate skills without losing energy.

Also if you can get Bomber DX from Nappa it really helps out early.