DBZ Xenoverse

Column_sl

shitlord
They need to do 3 things for this game ASAP 1) patch out the infinite combos 2) fix some of the broken Z items 3) take items out of pvp completely

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, unless the npc has the ae "burst" move that knocks everyone back and can't be interrupted, he's pretty much just juggle fodder. On the other hand, as you progress through the story you start coming across bad guys who take damage from your attacks but don't enter any kind of "hit" animation, and then can basically counter any attack you can do. Cell(Perfect) was the first instance I ran into this, but I'm sure it will be a thing for subsequent fights. This basically makes juggling impossible, so maybe it isn't a viable tactic for higher levels of the game.

Column_sl

shitlord
well Im talking about mainly pvp stuff. The infinties and health pots are bullshit.

Tip for anyone playing , farm PQ number 16 until you get Frieza to apear. He has a chance to drop the Z soul "I'll never forgive you, scum"

Its bugged right now so when You get koed it brings you back to life then all you have to do is pop a health regen pot or health pot, and you will have infinite Ki.

Can stay super saiyen forever, and spam ultimates. Can get this pretty early on in the game

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
another tip for PC players:

if the Xenoverse servers are shitting the bed for you and won't let you connect, add a Firewall Outbound rule that blocks all traffice to Xenoverse and turn it on. you should able to get past the initial login with a long message saying the servers are unavailable (obviously) and flip to character select. once there go back and disable your Firewall rule and log in to the game. it will act just like you are in Single Lobby but you can still start Parallel Quests and invite your friends to them through Steam and so forth.

Column_sl

shitlord
Another tip for farming dragonballs

PQ 12 - load it up, and if the time patroller doesn't appear in front of you hit retry. He will be in that garden area about 100 feet north of your spawn point.

Then if you kill him and he doesn't give you "key item" hit retry again. key item = dragonball

If you get the key item, finish the mission, and then load it up again till you have 7 dragonballs. Takes about 40-60 min per wish

first wish its best to go for extra characters. The first one they give you is ss4 Gogeta, who is probly the best in the game. Makes farming PQ's very easy with that character in your roster. You do not have to use your custom character to get exp and items from parallel quests

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I watched a bit of a justin wong stream where he played this. The gameplay looks exactly the same as the DBZ games for the PS2...am I missing something? Or is the whole RPG element they added to it that good?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Farming dragon balls seems easier, why can't you just wish for the damn thing?
I actually got it after like 25 runs or so, I got 5 dragonballs doing it which seems surprisingly lucky on the other hand(almost everytime I fought a Time whatever guy, he dropped one).

And on the gameplay, it's pretty much the same as the Budokai games yeah, but those games were good too. It's just fun to play, DBZ is a universe that did combat in a fun way, the teleporting, the big attacks, the sounds, the characters, the pace, it's just nice. The RPG stuff is ok-ish, mostly the fun part is making your own character within the universe rules and tweaking the skillset and stats to play a unique character within a well known universe. It's arguably better than just playing Goku or Vegeta again, because you can do shit like being a Namekian who uses Kameha and Frieza's Death Ball, or a human who's a disciple of Hercule and fights only with physical quick attacks.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually got it after like 25 runs or so, I got 5 dragonballs doing it which seems surprisingly lucky on the other hand(almost everytime I fought a Time whatever guy, he dropped one).

And on the gameplay, it's pretty much the same as the Budokai games yeah, but those games were good too. It's just fun to play, DBZ is a universe that did combat in a fun way, the teleporting, the big attacks, the sounds, the characters, the pace, it's just nice. The RPG stuff is ok-ish, mostly the fun part is making your own character within the universe rules and tweaking the skillset and stats to play a unique character within a well known universe. It's arguably better than just playing Goku or Vegeta again, because you can do shit like being a Namekian who uses Kameha and Frieza's Death Ball, or a human who's a disciple of Hercule and fights only with physical quick attacks.
If you pump the crap outta your Strike supers and your basic attacks, you can be a goddamn beast. My current guy is a human and I put something like 60 points into basic attacks. If someone forgets to block, they pay quite severely. I use a master with ranged superiority (Vegeta atm) so I can nuke my way through the no-hit animation portion of npcs and then go in for the fisticuff kill. I have also discovered, which anyone else who has played the story any decent way probably has, that npcs only do the no-hit animation crap for the first few percentages of their health. Then it is just juggle city and block through ults/KB supers. Still need to farm the rest of my dragonballs, only have 5 of 7 atm, though.

Edit: oh, and a tip. Your stamina (green bar) determines your ability to block ultra-level attacks. Even while blocking, if you run out of green bars you start taking major health damage. Lesson being? Don't dash around a shitload and expect to block Ultras hah.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can generally dodge ultimates and what not though if you're not stuck in an animation. Especially vertical movement tends to get you out of stuff quick and just flying the fuck away does a good job too.

What sucks is most of them can't be punished. Like you teleport behind them during the cast and pop a special attack and it does 0damage and doesn't stagger them either, which kinda sucks. Can't throw them either, which imo should break it since it requires to be pretty close.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, some of the ultimates are easy to dodge, but there are a terrible group of ones that seem to home in on the target (Goku's kamehameha for example) once it triggers vs. where you are at. You can fly all over the place, but when it fires it hits right where you are standing. Unless I'm just super unlucky and it plays into my fighting style (I tend to be in the npc's face like... always) I sort of generally have to block to avoid most of them. Jumping up just means I get hit from underneath instead of straight ahead hah. And yeah, the invul. during ultimate is BS. At least Street Fighter let you punish people for triggering something early/late. This game just goes oh well and moves on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah if you're close you have to block them, if you're mid range you can often just run out of them. If you're melee you probably want a lot of stam anyway it's a good stat for breaking combos and shit, and you can use Kaioken x20 for free teleports as long as you don't run out of stam over time, which takes a while if you level the stat up a good bit.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a couple of issues that I am almost certain have to do with my lack of skill level then anything else. Whenever I attempt to vanish it puts me in front of them or behind them seemingly at random. Meaning they just keep combo'ing me. Another thing is I did the stupid thing of following an online build for a super easy Super Saiyan Ki blasts + deathball spam and I think I'd MUCH rather go Melee and try to maximize combo's and figure out how to juggle. The problem is I can't switch up characters until I beat the game and I'm also a little worried that once I go Melee that the super armor characters or evasive blast (correct spell name?) spell will annoy me just as much.

I enjoyed melee, combos, and trying to get vanishing to work (still haven't figured out the block mechanics at ALL. Really want a training dummy) but i hear nothing but bad things about playing melee.

For my melee playthrough I'm thinking of Frieza race for super fast melee with the paralyze ki shots or Buu race for the extra defense. Then dump points into Health, Sta, and melee attacks (stikes? or whatever it is called) evenly.

Column_sl

shitlord
Everything gets easier once you play more as far as the combat goes. Just remember the hit boxes are very small on most characters ,and vanish is dependent on which way you are looking, and your orientation with the board.

To reset you character just do the PQ12 dragonball farming, you can reset it in about 60 min played, and it nets you a good bit of exp and money.

I would advise tho before you reset to pick up ss4 Gogeta as your first wish. Makes farming so much quicker, and you have to do allot of farming in this game.

FYI the top pvp are all human melee fighters, and melee is the quickest way to get through story mode.

Column_sl

shitlord
I watched a bit of a justin wong stream where he played this. The gameplay looks exactly the same as the DBZ games for the PS2...am I missing something? Or is the whole RPG element they added to it that good?
I never liked any of those anime games were all clunky as shit even the ones people say were good were terrible.

Like those Naruto games were all shit.

This game is well done probly because of Namco/Bandai put some money behind it. Combat feels good, farming feels good, multiple builds that are based off gear like diablo, and story I liked/

Also the game isn't easy, I feel it's the perfect balance between too tough ,and too easy.

If they had a raid mode in this, it would be perfection, or hell a real mmo.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Listening to some of my friends at work they were saying the online mode was great. Pretty much Destiny meets DBZ. You can group up, hang out, fight other people, pretty much whatever.

That sounds really good to me. If the multiplayer has that many options and you can further your character like they said, i'm all about this game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Damn when Destiny starts getting compared to the latest DBZ game you know the game failed to live up to the hype

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Damn when Destiny starts getting compared to the latest DBZ game you know the game failed to live up to the hype
So I've fucked around abit with this on PC and while fun I'm surprised I haven't seen more bitching. Unless I'm missing a way to do things...the servers are complete fucking shit. 25% of the time I can't even play the game in single player mode because it can't link to a server. I got a friend to do a few missions and the whole party grouping seems just god awful. I'm assuming you can set up more of a permant group instead of via mission with the "Team" functionality but I don't see anywhere to add a friend.

Just seems like a pretty cool idea and gameplay mixed with the worst grouping functionality I've ever seen. Even when we could get into a mission together we still lagged hardcore at the start (I play MOBA's pretty heavy and do not have issues what so ever with my internet performance).

I should try with a controller scheme, most the keyboard stuff feels natural since I run 4 of the action buttons off my naga but basically seems like just 1 button too many in odd places to play naturally on a K/B. (note: I'm not a big keyboard guy I like to do a lot with mouse and limit my movements with ASDW outside of 2-3 buttons)