DC Nation (Green Lantern, Young Justice, Teen Titans Go, Beware the Batman)

Caliane

Wow.
Companion comic for Young Justice.

Queen Bee killing Beast boy's mom is dark as hell.

She uses her pheromone mind control to seduce her, then convinces her to drive her truck off a cliff.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
My normal site has really shitty rips for Young Justice starting at the end of Season 1. Is it worth watching the rest of the series and, if so, does anyone know a good place to grab them?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I watched and liked it up through most of Season 1 until they stopped having good quality torrents of it on my site. Just hoping they're wrapping everything up nicely since it sounds like it wasn't renewed.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone tell me how Vandal Savage defeats Black Lightning, Black Canary and Captain Marvel all by himself?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Someone tell me how Vandal Savage defeats Black Lightning, Black Canary and Captain Marvel all by himself?
He had the advantage of a surprise attack while being assisted by a lord of Chaos.... Note he didn't manage to kill them, just throw them unconscious through a boom tube.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am so angry that Young Justice got jettisoned for lack of toy sales. It is so far superior to the actual product of DC Comics these days its not even funny. I can only imagine what they had planned for a Season 3 if they had gotten one. I somehow suspect it would have involved the New Gods and/or Trigon.

Caliane

Its my understanding Season 3 was going to go back to episodic, vs that prolonged story of season 2.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Cartoon Network can eat a dick.

I suppose there is some hope that an alternate medium will come around and commission more episodes, clearly they had a larger arc in mind

Goatface

Teen Titans Go - New Series Promo 1
looks like some bad fan made flash or something.

anyway
have been listening to kevin smith's fatman on batman which has good info from dc animated people. some things i have gathered, most shows are either put on for 3 years (at most, 2 years/65 shows with extra orders in final year) and most of the ones that lasted more than 3 years were reformatted/renamed. fairly sure this has to do with voice/etc talent contracts.
one of the writers said in the beginning it was a good studio, but once they built the brand up, they really stop caring.
don't remember exactly when but believe it was before batman beyond came out, they were told, kids no longer watch shows where the hero isn't near their age and they needed to aim in that direction.
seems to explain the downward trend.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i've really enjoyed the Green Lantern series. The big arc of Aiya becoming the Anti-Monitor was really cool and I even enjoyed the emo love story between her and Razor. Hoping for more next season.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Teen Titans Go - New Series Promo 1
looks like some bad fan made flash or something.

anyway
have been listening to kevin smith's fatman on batman which has good info from dc animated people. some things i have gathered, most shows are either put on for 3 years (at most, 2 years/65 shows with extra orders in final year) and most of the ones that lasted more than 3 years were reformatted/renamed. fairly sure this has to do with voice/etc talent contracts.
one of the writers said in the beginning it was a good studio, but once they built the brand up, they really stop caring.
don't remember exactly when but believe it was before batman beyond came out, they were told, kids no longer watch shows where the hero isn't near their age and they needed to aim in that direction.
seems to explain the downward trend.
My god that looks fucking terrible. The people who dropped Young Justice for this garbage have absolutely no integrity what so ever and I hope they get hit by a bus.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wait, that isn't just the cartoon shorts they're doing during commercial breaks, that's the actual show? Looks horrible.

Caliane

i've really enjoyed the Green Lantern series. The big arc of Aiya becoming the Anti-Monitor was really cool and I even enjoyed the emo love story between her and Razor. Hoping for more next season.
hahaha.

Did you not read the thread?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I have a friend who inks books for DC who seems to think they are planning on more episodes in spite of what has been said about its future. We'll see

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
While I was mildly okay with the chibi style for the New teen titans shorts in DCNation this new Johnny Test style Chibi they are using for TTGo seems... bad.

Caliane

I don't have high hopes. But frankly, many of these shows look pretty terrible before we see them.

I mean, recently. Green lantern looked like complete ass.
Brave and the bold looked bad. and takes 4-5 episodes to get into it.
Young Justice LOOKED good. but the writing was shit in season1.
hell, My Little Pony. Absolutely no one, thought this was going to be as thoroughly well made as it was.

Step back, and. The Batman. looked good. was ok.
Static shock. Ok, I didnt like it, but someone must have.
Batman Beyond. looked bad. but holds up pretty damn good.

Judging before we see it for real, is a bad idea.