Dead By Daylight

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone playing this?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/381210/

basically a multiplayer survival horror game - 4 players are the survivors, one is the Killer. Sounds like evolve, right? Games go by much faster though and I don't think its as dependent on skills as Evolve.

Its absolutely HILARIOUS to watch on twitch, probably my go to game when I'm just doing something mindless and wanna watch a twitch stream. There is some seriously fucked up horror/jump scare shit.
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Dead by Daylight

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I watched Ellajaz and Admiral Bahroo play this since it came out. They are pretty fantastic to watch, Bahroo especially.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I've been watching lots of youtubers/twitch vids of this, frickin hilarious. h20 and his whole gang are all great to watch play together, but I hate watching h20 play solo.. he's annoying as fuck by himself, like he's always gotta be amped up for no damn reason.
Whenever I watch from the survivor perspective, I get so nervous for them.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I prefer to play at Survivor than the Killer in this game. I think it's more fun.

Araxen

I watched Ellajaz and Admiral Bahroo play this since it came out. They are pretty fantastic to watch, Bahroo especially.

Here's a link to Ela's stream. He speedruns Dark Souls too. It's mostly DbD now though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is making some dudes some serious cash on Twitch. A guy that I used to watch pretty regularly was playing a lot of The Division, and had like 1600-2000 viewers at any given point. Still successful, but not crazy. He started playing this on the early release, and then continued after launch and now he's easily 4500-5000 viewers every night. For me though, that bump made it less personal, as it's much harder to follow along in chat and shit, and so I stopped watching him.

Northerner

N00b
While I'm sure some of the twitch guys are gaming the system a bit, there definitely seems to be some money in it. Sxyhxy has to be pulling in at least a few hundred per hour in donations, although I'm sure Twitch takes a good cut of that.

Araxen

While I'm sure some of the twitch guys are gaming the system a bit, there definitely seems to be some money in it. Sxyhxy has to be pulling in at least a few hundred per hour in donations, although I'm sure Twitch takes a good cut of that.

Nah, Paypal does. The majority of donations go through Paypal unless the streamer is in the "bits" beta then Twitch gets a cut. Only the real big streamers are in the bits beta.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sxyhxy is who I was talking about. He's funny as hell and a cool dude, but when viewers doubled, I feel it went to shit. That and I'm not that into DbD.

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, I don't tune in too often anymore but he is a little amusing for some reason. He's definitely been crushing it cashwise since DbD hit though! I've seen at least a $500 and often in the 750-1k range donation each stream and frequently multiple $100+ ones in addition to the usual 30-50 subs at $5 a pop plus the constant stream of five and ten dollar hits. People really do seem to like giving him cash.

Araxen

New Map/Killer/Survivor coming soon..

The new killer looks OP as hell.

Araxen

They fixed the match making over the weekend. You used to have to click join lobby several times before it would actually join and they fixed lunges and the Nurse who could blink and hit someone. She can't do that anymore. She can blink and it takes her a couple seconds to recover before she can swing away now.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Anyone still playing this? My friend and I tried it over his free weekend. I liked it despite the fact that we were losing A LOT.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Heard the game has a lot of potential, it just suffers from a lot of issues.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
and the Nurse who could blink and hit someone. She can't do that anymore. She can blink and it takes her a couple seconds to recover before she can swing away now.
She can still blink and hit, that was always intended. In fact, that's how you get devious points with her, it's part of her core game play to line up the blink on top of a survivor and hit them. You only have a short window after blinking to attack or blink again, though, and then she stuns herself. As far as I can tell, this is still exactly the same as when she was released, nothing was ever drastically changed. Maybe they increased/decreased that window slightly, but it looks the same watching tru3ta1ent playing the nurse.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I haven't played this but the idea of having player controlled enemies that hunt you down sounds great. Isn't Evolve like that?

Also noticed there's a Friday the 13th game streaming right now.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Think you mean Halloween? they put michael myers in as a killer back around halloween this year.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
oh.. a totally different game, ok nevermind. Thought you were talking about a game of DBD being played. I see it now on twitch.