Dead Island 2

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Had a great time with the first one, flaws and all.

and of course here is the first ones cinematic trailer that got me good.

• 5Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I already thought there was a second one, but I guess that was Riptide. First game was pretty good and had some nice ideas, but at times it felt like each area you went to dragged on for a little too long.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL my kids literally grew up on this game. My younger one which is 18 now is looking forward to this. Hes been talking about this reboot for months now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ha, been forever but I remember the first ones cinematic linked above so well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything looks boring in streams. ACG's review makes it sound pretty good. I actually kind of like the idea of it not being a huge open world and instead a bunch of smaller levels with a fairly linear progression. I think if they'd tried to copy Dying Light (or even the original Dead Island) they'd have failed even more miserably than Techland did at making a sequel to it.

Definitely wouldn't pay $70 for it though. Games like this are exactly why I keep a Gamefly sub going.

• 2Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Played for about 4 hours, most of it doing 3 player co-op.

Everything feels just okay. Had a few laughs and a few oh shit moments, but if I wasn't playing with friends and had Dead Island 1 nostalgia, I would likely have returned it within 2 hours. Main story - meh, side stories - pretty good so far, combat - okay.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I like doing side stuff, and reading the story tid-bits you find and trying to figure out the bonus loot stuff (like safes).

But to warn away anyone playing this and spending 30 minutes like I did trying to find things like the safe key in the pool house (1st side quest), the stupid named you need won't show up until you're MUCH higher level. Would be nice to know this stuff lol

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bought this yesterday on series x and having a blast. Voice acting is fine combat is fun and I really like the set piece map atmosphere so far.

Fun game.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This game really picks up when you get fast travel and it opens up more side missions and new loot. Some of these crafting combos and perks are hilariously fun. I haven't laughed out loud at something that happened in a game for a while now and this one got me. Possible spoiler so just in case but it was fucking hilarious.

You get to Venice where all roided up weight lifters are now zombies. You get to a crab shack where there are some survivors and they are all California douche as you would expect. (They nailed it - was hilarious). Well, anyway, as one guy is talking about roided up zombies while smoking a huge blunt saying "Yeah maaaannnn stay here dude! great food - no worries and we have...." at this time, a huge zombie arm comes crashing through a boarded up window while the guy is smoking that huge blunt, takes half his head off where really only his lips are left - body is just standing there - takes one last hit of the blunt, with half his head gone, and peace's out right on the floor lol)

That was so fucking funny - it had me going for half a minute.

There are so many perk options and weapon customizations you can do. And then all of a sudden something opens up and you are like "FUCKING SWEET!" I won't say what but it is kinda like Dying Light 2 with abilities. The side missions are fun as shit and you get great purple loot out of it. There is enough to do that you aren't getting over whelmed. Story Missions (24) Side missions (36 or so) Lost and Found, and something else. The maps are hilarious and creative. Especially Monarch Studios where they are making movies and everyone turned into zombies.

Still not anywhere close to bored after about 12 hours or so and 30% completion thus far. Some of the characters are memorable and it's been a while since some of them had so much personality.

Just a fun fucking game - and I am not even playing coop yet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Vorph

What's the deal with all the locked containers? I've been exploring everywhere I possibly can and other than the safe deposit box keys in the hotel I haven't found a single one of them.

Same with fuses / circuit breakers. There's at least a dozen or more of those two things I've marked on my map but have no idea how to fix them.

Great game so far though.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What's the deal with all the locked containers? I've been exploring everywhere I possibly can and other than the safe deposit box keys in the hotel I haven't found a single one of them.

Same with fuses / circuit breakers. There's at least a dozen or more of those two things I've marked on my map but have no idea how to fix them.

Great game so far though.

So Fuses do not drop in the game - they are only purchased from traders. (Usually around where you fast travel in) and you can hold 3 at a time. So when near a trader check their stock and have them on hand.

Keys are a little goofy. You have to progress the game at times, and others rely on side quests. So what sucks about that is you end up blowing time not knowing the keys are random drops. Some of which only drop when you have completed certain areas and a unique named has a chance to spawn in the area. So I am concentrating right now on the side quests at the moment when I see those, then move onto the next story mission, then sometimes I see random spawns in the area of the lock box drop (Typically a certain type of Zombie)

Example: For Curtis's keys:

For Curtis’ house, you will have to fight two separate zombies for the keys to Curtis’ Garage and Curtis’ Safe. However, you can’t get the latter in the early hours of the game.

Instead, you’ll be unable to get this until you have encountered the first Screamer zombie in the game. After that, you have a chance for a uniquely named Screamer to spawn at Curtis’ house that will drop the key.

So the random spawn stuff is annoying since the game doesn't tell you that and they should tell you "Spawn cannot happen for the key until such and such is done" because there is no way to figure that out on your own unless I missed something in the map atmospheric messages or journals.

Vorph

Wow, that's convoluted to the point of being retarded. And here I thought that the most annoying part is that the map icons all just say 'locked container' or whatever and not the specific name.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was a swing and a miss there no matter what. Especially when I get a safe key for a house and can’t remember what house that person lives in.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
The map definately leaves something to be desired. I can't ever really tell where my position is just by looking since your little arrow blends in with the map half the time.

I am having a blast with it though. I've been playing like 90% coop with a buddy so far and it's been very fun. Story progress is shared in coop, everyone has their own loot, and keys are shared as well. My buddy had gone for a bit and I just went out exploring without progressing the story and had found a couple safe keys, and when he got back he was able to access the safes as well since I had them. Blueprints are not however, he still had to go pick those up.

One trick I found is when you are out of inventory for weapons, throw your extra ones at a zombie and don't pick them back up. Later on they will appear in your unclaimed property tab of your stash. Weapons sell for good money so don't let em just lay around going to waste.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Finished up the main story. Holy Cliffhanger. DLC needed :p

Going to go around and wrap up some of the side quests and lost and founds. Fun ass game though.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Man no clue this finally came out. First one was a lot of fun with friends. Don't think I ever finished the DLC for that one. Maybe I'll go back and play the first one through and then wait for this one to go on sale. It's been Lord knows how long since we played the original.

• 1Like