Dead Space

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"why did they put a sign in front of the stall that says "shits go in this one"? That's so dumb"

"It's just a sign acknowledging that shits go in the toilet bowls, when all toilet bowls so far have been the ones shits go into" - Mist

Yeah, but her idea that society should completely revolve around giving into crazy people's delusions for a split second of relief was pretty great, though.

Right up there with nuclear bomb rocks from the moon level shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If they really wanted it to be a true horror game of horrors they should’ve renamed it Dead Name

• 3Worf
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A solid entry into liberals are the biggest retards to ever live category;

• 3Worf
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I’m playing the game and not running into any of this. I guess I need to turn up the black levels. Game looks absolutely gorgeous on a OLED.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I mean, this has been one of the central themes of this entire genre of "industrial space horror" forever, from Aliens through Doom to Dead Space. "Evil Space Corporations" are also in Borderlands and Red Faction was just Bolsheviks in Space. Are you just offended by the utter lack of subtext here?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, this has been one of the central themes of this entire genre of "industrial space horror" forever, from Aliens through Doom to Dead Space. "Evil Space Corporations" are also in Borderlands and Red Faction was just Bolsheviks in Space. Are you just offended by the utter lack of subtext here?
Why are you such an apologist for this woke fucking garbage? Fuck dude. You’re like the white knight Gavinmad Gavinmad but for leftist propaganda instead of underaged autistic girls.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why are you such an apologist for this woke fucking garbage? Fuck dude. You’re like the white knight Gavinmad Gavinmad but for leftist propaganda instead of underaged autistic girls.
Why do people constantly find it weird that symbolic political statements exist in art and then freak out over it like it's some new phenomenon that only started happening in [current year]? It's such a truly weird complaint, particularly in sci-fi, an artform that's been inherently super political the entire time.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why do people constantly find it weird that symbolic political statements exist in art and then freak out over it like it's some new phenomenon that only started happening in [current year]? It's such a truly weird complaint, particularly in sci-fi, an artform that's been inherently super political the entire time.
Because we are fucking sick of it. We get it, men want to pretend to be women, women pretend to be men. It’s disgusting and not good for society but let’s put signs up for these freaks and celebrate it. We see it pushing towards children now. Child abuse and mutilation being celebrated, very fucking disgusting. Pushing black man white woman in every medium. Replacing all redheads with black women. Fucking Mozart as a black kid lmao. Capitalism bad! Encouraging furries and orgies and mental illness.

No one is acting like it’s a new phenomenon…we are totally sick of being beat with rainbow dildos any time we try to consume any form of entertainment for the past ten years.

It’s truly tiring and you acting like you’re baffled by it with your pretend 146 IQ is retarded. You aren’t fooling anyone with your “but this is truly an odd complaint, I’m confused” bait bit you keep trying. You know why everyone is fed up with this shit, you just like it so it doesn’t bother you. If you just typed “deal with it we won lol” it would be a lot more believable.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're slinging an awful lot of hate at me for being someone who is stupid enough to try and engage with Mist.

• 6Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because we are fucking sick of it. We get it, men want to pretend to be women, women pretend to be men. It’s disgusting and not good for society but let’s put signs up for these freaks and celebrate it. We see it pushing towards children now. Child abuse and mutilation being celebrated, very fucking disgusting. Pushing black man white woman in every medium. Replacing all redheads with black women. Fucking Mozart as a black kid lmao. Capitalism bad! Encouraging furries and orgies and mental illness.

No one is acting like it’s a new phenomenon…we are totally sick of being beat with rainbow dildos any time we try to consume any form of entertainment for the past ten years.

It’s truly tiring and you acting like you’re baffled by it with your pretend 146 IQ is retarded. You aren’t fooling anyone with your “but this is truly an odd complaint, I’m confused” bait bit you keep trying. You know why everyone is fed up with this shit, you just like it so it doesn’t bother you. If you just typed “deal with it we won lol” it would be a lot more believable.
I'm just saying, sci-fi has been filled with all of this for a long time. Anti-capitalism or at least highly-skeptical-of-capitalism has been a recurring theme in sci-fi for over 100 years, but really all the way back to proto-sci-fi hundreds of years earlier.

As for race, body modification, and transgender stuff:
"The Magnetic Dog Sisters were on the door that night, and I didn't relish trying to get out past them if things didn't work out. They were two meters tall and thin as greyhounds. One was black and the other white, but aside from that they were as nearly identical as cosmetic surgery could make them. They'd been lovers for years and were bad news in the tussle. I was never quite sure which one had originally been male."
That's from the second paragraph of Johnny Mnemonic, 1981, a foundational work of the Cyberpunk genre, which heavily informs genre games like Dead Space.

None of this is new, why start freaking out about it now? What changed?

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the early 1980s it was fiction in a futuristic setting advanced enough that they were complete and functional body modifications. In the 2020s we chemically mutilate little boys who picked up a barbie once and gaslight autists into chopping their tits off or fileting their dicks inside out.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In the early 1980s it was fiction in a futuristic setting advanced enough that they were complete and functional body modifications. In the 2020s we chemically mutilate little boys who picked up a barbie once and gaslight autists into chopping their tits off or fileting their dicks inside out.
What changed? I’m confused? These are the same thing.

EC9BCE75-C43F-43D0-B484-B01B1311AA4B.jpeg
58889C95-5569-404F-8C14-3A01CB110775.jpeg

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, nope. The entire cyberpunk genre is about how all these mods are experimental hacking on the fringes of society, though in these works, society itself is fundamentally fringing and therefore the fringe is becoming the mainstream. The assumption that it's all well-tested and fully functional is definitely never stated and goes against the whole mythos of the genre, that would be something more futuristic, transhumanist novels or at least something post-cyberpunk, post-biopunk where the technologies are perfected. The whole point of the cyberpunk genre is that society will go through a violent, disruptive and awkward phase as technology starts to fundamentally alter our humanity.

Regardless, there are no children in this game, nothing in the game is promoting experimenting on children. It's just a bathroom sign in space.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cyberpunk-era novels clearly detailed that stuff as a recognition of the descent of man/society. It wasn't a celebration of what the future could be such as Star Trek portrays a better tomorrow, it was a, "Look at what these fucked up bastards can get up to with enough money and unscrupulous ripperdocs who'll do anything for creds".

The folks on here are justifiably calling it out as stuff they're at best expected to be blind to and at worst embrace.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm just saying, sci-fi has been filled with all of this for a long time. Anti-capitalism or at least highly-skeptical-of-capitalism has been a recurring theme in sci-fi for over 100 years, but really all the way back to proto-sci-fi hundreds of years earlier.
Except here we are in 2023 and its the people who where once writting anti capitalist fan fics that are now sucking corporate dick the hardest and pushing the dystopian retardation of the globohomos.

More to the point it wasnt in the original and Dead Space was a damn horror game, not a game heavy on politics or in the cyberpunk genre. Its simply retarded to include such a change.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Except here we are in 2023 and its the people who where once writting anti capitalist fan fics that are now sucking corporate dick the hardest and pushing the dystopian retardation of the globohomos.

More to the point it wasnt in the original and Dead Space was a damn horror game, not a game heavy on politics or in the cyberpunk genre. Its simply retarded to include such a change.

I’m half way through and haven’t even seen the capitalist graffiti. All I saw was the all gender bathrooms. I hate when games change stuff but so far it’s a solid remake.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Stop making sense BP - you aren't falling in line with revisionist history.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Come on, all of that stuff is big business for doctors and medical centers. It's, what, like $80k a head? That makes Pfizer's "$2k a head" for vaccinating 3 year olds look like chump change.