Deadpool (2016)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ryan was the perfect Deadpool, he fits the part so well much like how Robert is Iron Man and i couldnt imagine anyone else playing him. There are very few heroes you see on screen and cant imagine someone else playing that part different or better. However Deadpool, like Iron Man just fit, much like Patrick Stewart will forever be the older version of Prof X.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I'd echo most of what everyone has said thus far. As a casual comic-book reader I know of deadpool, but was not lost in the movie at all. Likewise it was a surprisingly hard "R" for a comic book movie--which most of you had already covered. All-in-all I'd rank this as my number two favorite comic book film, only slightly behind Guardians.

And I also thought it was a heli-carrier they were scrapping or perhaps cobbling together at the end.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's hard to really find any negatives about this film, just nitpicks like the ones mentioned above. Now something that I would done to improve it, would of been a fake trailer to start it. Kinda like how Tropic Thunder starts off, but in the style of the teaser trailer:

DEADPOOL Teaser Trailer (2016) - YouTube

"From the studio that inexplicably sowed his fucking mouth shut the first time..." But more topical for the release, a little bit more sting to it, something like:

"From the studio so out of touch with reality they greenlit the sequel to "F4ntastic Four" before they even finished filming the first turd, comes....Wait. We just told them to shut the fuck up and write the checks, they had nothing to do with what you are about to witness...." roll intro credits.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So many jokes throughout the film I couldnt remember them all. Talking with friends about the movie and we all kept bringing up jokes one of us had forgot about.

The sword fight with Ajax wasnt very long but thought it was choreographed very well. The second viewing will be much better knowing the deal with Francis, he kept yelling Francis through the beginning of the movie but it isnt until halfway through the movie you realize the whole joke of him yelling Francis on the Freeway/bridge scene

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
God I cannot wait for a sequel. I loved collosus in this but would soooooooooooooooooooo much rather have had wolverine. Would fit much better. Wolverine with underaged girl fighting against deadpool. Maybe next.movie.

Homsar

I came out of the movie happy and giving it a good 8.5/10 but the more I keep talking with people about it the more the rating is going up. Really want to see it again but I will probably be laughing at a ton of jokes friends wont pick up on first viewing

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like 41+mil for friday, and estimates are up to 115+ mil for the 4 day opening weekend.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Fox was sitting on this golden goose with a finished script for 10 years, meanwhile they continued to release shit like fantastic four with twice the budget? wow.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Too afraid of the R rating it would get. Damn pussies.
The climate is perfect for R movies to do well. People love doing/seeing shit that is passe and right now, PC bullshit has fostered a climate where a hard R movie is considered pretty passe nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of them do really well in the coming years.

I'd say it was a 8.5/10. Perfect inalmostevery way, but I still put it just a notch below Mad Max for sheer "entertainment" value. Probably in the Top 5 for "movies of the decade so far". It was fantastic, but it's more a comedy than anything else, really. And like any comedy, it gets a little bit less funny on each subsequent viewing.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At this point, there are two main reasons it's not going to be a cult movie:

1) It's going to make too much money
2) It's going to have a Deadpool 2.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This movie made up for all its flaws by being goddamn hilarious.

4/5

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That review video was spot on. And I can't believe I actually sat through and watched all of it. I've never done that before. Thanks, Deadpool!
I'm someone that never put any stock whatsoever in professional movie critics and their reviews. I don't have enough in common (as far as my movie preferences go) with people like that to trust their opinions to begin with. I only started watching the Collider YouTube channel back before The Force Awakens came out to catch the news, rumors, and speculation on Jedi Council and then on Movie Talk because it's a daily show and some of it would show up there first. Once I realized they were basically sci-fi and comic books nerds who happen to do movie reviews as a side gig (except for the main host Campea, I think he started the channel) and that their likes/dislikes generally lined up pretty well with my own I started checking out what they have to say on the regular. They're a good watch more often than not, if you're a movie buff who would frequent a forum such as this one.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This is a good movie. Hopefully they just follow in step and throw another check to same team for the sequel. A fat check.

Homsar

So much stuff I want in the sequel. More Blind Al and Weasel, more focus on his powers and Death, and a ton of characters. It would be awesome if Disney let deadpool cameo with some Thor/spiderman stuff

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've wanted since the MCU existed to have Deadpool as a cameo in every Marvel movie. Not necessarily even lines, just like him in the background ordering a burrito or something during Avengers.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so final friday numbers are 47.5 Mil (including thursday showings), estimated 117mil for the 3 day, and 130mil for opening 4 day weekend.

That breaks the record for R rated opening, president's day opening, any movie in February, and any Fox Marvel property (any of the x-mens, wolverine, or FF), Actually any 20th Century Fox film (their largest is Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith @ 108.4mil opening weekend)

If it does get to 130mil and stays on course it should beat out American Sniper and potentially even Passion of the Christ for #1 R rated film.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ryan Reynolds & T.J. Miller did an appearance on the Opie with Jim Norton radio show (Sirius/XM) on the 10th. He talked about something that they shot for the movie, but it got cut for extreme violence. It's going to make it into the DVD extras, though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The second viewing will be much better knowing the deal with Francis, he kept yelling Francis through the beginning of the movie but it isnt until halfway through the movie you realize the whole joke of him yelling Francis on the Freeway/bridge scene
I must have completely missed the joke. It didn't even seem odd to me that he was yelling francis. I figured out real quick that was the name of his target.