Death of a Game - Everquest franchise

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Even if I planned on playing every game they have to offer for the rest of my life, I would be very cautious. I don't think the place will have half of these games operating in the next 2-3 years. It's a major money grab and there is no way I would give them more than 3 months of a sub at a time.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31 | EverQuest 2 Forums

Think this is a sure sign that things are not going well , lifetime subs ?

Edit : better link
Daybreak Winter Extravaganza!
DD3CD5CB-1B32-4FAD-8A0F-6F18266CD375.jpeg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
$1.2 million cash infusion if they sell out.

Just keep the lights on a little longer...........

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Wouldn't be surprised if it sells out since it's across all games. SSG did the same thing with Lotro and DDO and sold out pretty quick.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My only issue with a pvp server at this point is that the people that are good at EQ pvp are REALLY good at it. Caster's are relatively simple to play, but melee takes a fair amount of practice. Jousting alone is a skill, add in large group fights with levitation. Forget about it man. Normal EQ players are just too far behind the curve. Same kind of reason that a Quake style game is hard to do these days.

Maybe im just a pvp turd though

Pantheon has pvp and levitate

See u out there

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wanted to play cleric or rogue last time tbh

Apparently we had "enough of those"

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So I guess this guy needs to pull his video... EQ is no longer dead. They are now officially sold out of lifetime subs. How is this even possible?! lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. Daybreak is about to sell the company at a guess and they just boosted their quarterly revenue to ask for a better price.

There was a time when I used to think no one could possibly fall for a trick that stupid. And then Craig McMMO gave Draegun more than 20 grand for rerolled.

These guys are selling out for sure.

Draegun never did send me my pizza. I told him at the switch that if he ever sold out he owed me 10 bucks. We internet pinky swore. That welching fuck.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This is really going to turn it around for Pantheon!

Seriously though, sell the assets to a company that gives a fuck please. With WOW looking to topple now is the time for EQ Next! Bring on the voxels, someone call poinytail and let's do this.

Come comrades sell those US assets while you still can!

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Only if the post launch rules get wiped too. i.e. play nice policy, removal xp loss on pvp death, and reduced pvp level range.

Only thing that should be illegal on red is trains, exploits, multiple accounts and account sharing.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised people bought this. From what I understand it's only for a few games (not upcoming PS:Arena), and you don't get the usual monthly DB cash.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm surprised people bought this. From what I understand it's only for a few games (not upcoming PS:Arena), and you don't get the usual monthly DB cash.

From the Dev answers I saw, they stated they get the Station Cash allotment monthly as usual. And if they had existing yearly subs, they received a bulk amount of Station Cash based on time remaining before purchasing the lifetime sub.

It’s still a money grab, either way. They have absolutely nothing I want to play at this time.

EQ2Wire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SOE had over 800 employees in 2008.

July 2009 -41
July 2010 -35
March 2011 -205
August 2013 -70
March 2015 -140
April 2018 -70
December 2018 -70

Current staff: 170

It's an unbroken trend under Sony Online Entertainment and then Daybreak. This has to be a high blood pressure moment for the company. At this point, I just don't see how the company:
  • has the staff to initiate a new tier 1 project
  • can attract the talent needed to develop and support such a game
  • has the marketing and community staff to announce and support this game even if they had one
At this point the ship has taken on too much water. They've gone from a 2nd tier major studio to an indie with none of the agility or grace needed to survive at that level. 2017 was Telltale. 2018 was Trion. Is 2019 Daybreak?

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users