Decent gopro like knockoffs? For motorcycle dash cam.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been kinda wanting to get a camera on my bike or helmet. Not looking for ultra quality to start some stunting youtube channel. Just something hopefully easy to record my trips and loop over etc. Ive seen lots of regular dash cams ive been sorting thru for my truck but nothing that stood out as weatherproof to be converted to bike use.

Anyone know of anything or am I amongst the more indoor pc only tech crowd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also, you're almost certainly going to find a deal on hero 4 or 5 bundles for holidays. I don't know why you'd you elsewhere it is just solid and works with tons of aftermarket accessories you can pick up on Amazon.

I got my hero 4 for like 199 with extra battery, the screen and an SD card as a "doorbuster" two black Fridays ago. Best buy just had enough it was still there on the weekend.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Been kinda wanting to get a camera on my bike or helmet. Not looking for ultra quality to start some stunting youtube channel. Just something hopefully easy to record my trips and loop over etc. Ive seen lots of regular dash cams ive been sorting thru for my truck but nothing that stood out as weatherproof to be converted to bike use.

Anyone know of anything or am I amongst the more indoor pc only tech crowd.

There are some chinese knockoffs on some of the china shopping sites, check it out. Cant go wrong with trying one, 1080p and all that for $70.

China Has a GoPro Clone for Under $70 With Better Specs Than the HERO

1080p 60fps sony sensor, lol, $70.

Sludig

Also, you're almost certainly going to find a deal on hero 4 or 5 bundles for holidays. I don't know why you'd you elsewhere it is just solid and works with tons of aftermarket accessories you can pick up on Amazon.

I got my hero 4 for like 199 with extra battery, the screen and an SD card as a "doorbuster" two black Fridays ago. Best buy just had enough it was still there on the weekend.

A 4 for under 200 and maybe some mounts or something might get me onboard.

I've never used one, my other concern was ease of use if I. Was using near daily, like when full do its it just stop or have options to loop over old stuff. That kind of thing was why i was thinking something more day can orientated.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
A 4 for under 200 and maybe some mounts or something might get me onboard.

I've never used one, my other concern was ease of use if I. Was using near daily, like when full do its it just stop or have options to loop over old stuff. That kind of thing was why i was thinking something more day can orientated.

Well if you want a dash cam you want a dash cam. Hard wire it. If you want a helmet cam get a gopro.

It's easy to use but you'll need to charge it a lot especially with the screen adapter attached. Screen makes it a tiny video camera, all the options right there can swap everything on the fly. Otherwise you can just preset it to run on maybe a slightly lower res to use as a daily cam or whatever and just plug it in to charge and offload the SD card every so often.

Sludig

Dash would have to be weather proof....... Both random rain plus quite the wind beating. Which is probably why i hadn't seen any bike specific ones.

Even if there's just a few buttons i can use to delete video to make room without having to bring to the computer everything probably would be fine.

I would prefer bike mounted than helmet, in the way and more prone to being lost in a wreck id imagine.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Dash would have to be weather proof....... Both random rain plus quite the wind beating. Which is probably why i hadn't seen any bike specific ones.

Even if there's just a few buttons i can use to delete video to make room without having to bring to the computer everything probably would be fine.

I would prefer bike mounted than helmet, in the way and more prone to being lost in a wreck id imagine.

I'm almost positive any legit bike cam is going to be branded and horrendously expensive compared to a gopro on sale. The benefit could be hard wiring, if you don't need the flexibility a gopro provides.

Your alternative is to buy cheap shit like edko and hope it works out for a while. If it does then great. I'm with you I didn't spend a ton either, I got mine for sale just randomly had bf doorbuster bundles left over so it was worth the premium to get all the shit for me.

That one edko posted looks very highly rated though, shit I'd test that it's prime.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I bought this thing to fuck around on my boat with. It was under 40 bucks as a lightning deal at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J4CBK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it sitting in the box and it will be a few before I can test it on the water. If it breaks it's cheap so whatever.
lol, those are all made by the same Chinese company, there are like 60 of them off branded on Amazon. I got one, it works nice, app even works well to stream to my phone in real time.

• 1Like

Sludig

Streaming live to phone might be godly for a rearview came on bike. Theres expensive aftermarket mirror screen + camera option out there. This i could rear mount and stream to my phone on a mount. Be easier watching for someone about to drive up my tail or coming into my 4oclock i cant see well due to limited neck mobility.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Streaming live to phone might be godly for a rearview came on bike. Theres expensive aftermarket mirror screen + camera option out there. This i could rear mount and stream to my phone on a mount. Be easier watching for someone about to drive up my tail or coming into my 4oclock i cant see well due to limited neck mobility.
Yea, it's done through wifi, app creates a secure one way network, so it's better than bt stream,vand better if you have a good phone. Ex, it's, ok, on my note4, works 2x better on wife's iphone7

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I bought this thing to fuck around on my boat with. It was under 40 bucks as a lightning deal at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J4CBK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it sitting in the box and it will be a few before I can test it on the water. If it breaks it's cheap so whatever.
lol, those are all made by the same Chinese company, there are like 60 of them off branded on Amazon. I got one, it works nice, app even works well to stream to my phone in real time.
The wife got me one similar to that for christmas... Wonnie action cam 4k. https://www.amazon.com/Action-WONNI...72830&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=wonnie+action+cam

comes with two batteries. have only fucked around with it for a few minutes so far but yeah it connects to the phone, takes pictures and video, has a waterproof case, and costs under $50 so hey.

the battery in the wristband trigger was empty on mine but meh that's a 0.49 piece and was swapped in a minute.

No way I'd spend $200 or even more on an item like that, but then I'm also the guy running a Xiaomi phone for $150 because fuck the others and their ridiculous price tags.

• 1Like