Decided to open up an EQMAC-esque server (POP locked)

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
http://eqmac-emu.yolasite.com

Still need to get ahold of the old bazaar files to get the classic bazaar in, but the server is working just fine and anything that needs fixed you just /tell to Test in-game and it's forwarded to me.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Had a blast on your Crushbone PVP server, willing to give this a shot.

Abacab

Streaming Veeshan's peak fixes, reverting to 1.0

CT and PaW already reverted, legacy item in.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Would be nice to see the EQMac community move to this... was a great bunch of people. Anyone know if the EQMac community moved on or quit?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Would be nice to see the EQMac community move to this... was a great bunch of people. Anyone know if the EQMac community moved on or quit?
Probably the largest part of the EQMac community has left the MMO sphere entirely.

A great chunk tried to keep the EQMac thing together when Destiny forged a path to PEQ, but the vast majority of those people left within a few months.

Some people are over on P99, but I don't think it's too many.

Plenty of folks have tried Live (current EQ), but my impression is that it hasn't really stuck.

I imagine a few will try out other EMUs (including this one), but I doubt there will be any sort of mass migration.

The EQMac community is dead, sadly. It truly was a great bunch, I'm glad I was a part of its history; sad that it was ended (killed) by SOE corporate.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah - the same group of people who compared Rellapse's training to the Sandy Hook shootings. There were SOME good people there, but a lot of the community was insular to a fault.

Abacab

Have a couple people playing, some level 12's some level 15's over in CB and Kurns; still looking for more pals to adventure with.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
EQMAC was a sick community only highlighted at the arrival of a few PC players.

Consider the world a better place now that it is gone.

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

~a la Faite
~a la Zamiel

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think I'm gonna play on this! Looking for something to dink around on

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Abacab, I know you wanna host a server, and imma let you finish, but EQMac's real client is the best client of all time.

For the nontechnically adept, the following below means that the login server works. Since that's the only thing that was missing from the mac side of things, we're able to start getting ingame with the real mac client.
This is a huge milestone in PEQMac's development, as it means that the windows client doesn't have to be the only option for logging into the server!

84ef2e4219.png

14746a3586.jpg