Defense Against Becoming Another 8chan

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
We're really nothing like 4chan and these days 4chan isn't really even like 8chan.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Ban P Picasso3 , his hatred towards free speech is exactly the kind of rhetoric that we have come to recognize as being the precursor to extremism. We had Brando bring this up that this place might be making extremists, kegkilla attempts to get this site investigated, and now Picasso3 is doing it. The pattern here is them and not what they are reacting to;

Else those faggots would have posted some examples of the kind of postings he is concerned about. They are the extremists and it is time we start protecting ourselves from the kind of damage they could do to our community.

Or not, one of the two.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
A big topic right now is that video games cause violence in real life. I heard that the Columbine shooters were heavily into a computer video game called Doom, they apparently used it to practice their shooting rampage. The game is so cool, they didn't have much of a chance at a normal life once they started playing.

I'm sure hoping nobody from these forums plays games with shooting guns.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
A big topic right now is that video games cause violence in real life. I heard that the Columbine shooters were heavily into a computer video game called Doom, they apparently used it to practice their shooting rampage. The game is so cool, they didn't have much of a chance at a normal life once they started playing.

The perpetrators of 9/11 practised using Microsoft Flight Simulator, ban all the games.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's retarded. They're trying to make it a "big topic" NOW because they've failed to silence 4chan since Gamergate and eventually the memewar that got Trump into office.....but those stormfag shooters spent more time on Twitter and Reddit than anything else and even if they DID post on 8ch or 4chan, that's only as an extension of the REAL stormfag sites.

You don't see any "big topics" about squashing Dailystormer or Stormfront or Amren or the Daily Shoah slacks/discords, which is where any "radicalization" might be happening. Instead they go after 8ch and 4chan and Kiwifarms because they're EFFECTIVE.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

you mean if the Columbine kids had a modern game, they could up'd their ratio, cuz Doom didn't even use the mouse.

iannis

Musty Nester
But for a serious response, we are no where near the same level as 4chan. We're a small backwater board with less than 100 active posters. Lurkers, dunno.

Ten years ago when this board was hoppin we were still no where near.

That irrelevance is what I love about this place.

Oldbased

> Than U
We're not even close to 4chan levels, let alone 8chan.
That is because we have a trail, be it a small one holding us accountable. That applies to pretty much anyplace on the web short a few services like the chan.
When you can be 99% anon, a good deal of people are true assholes and do sick things. Tie them to usernames and verified emails and IPs and that goes down considerably.
The more information a person is required tied to their activities the more the person acts as they actually would in life outside the internet as they become less anon.
The internet has long balanced this to what we have here and most places. If we were truly anon we would have a_skeleton_03 posting his dick or some shit.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Am i the dumbest most retarded fucking idiot the world has ever seen?

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I got a better one. Who would win in a melee between:

Superman
Homelander
Plutonian
Invincible

Who be left on the planet to say who actually won? It would be one of DBZ/FF fights where cities are wiped, planets are exploded, galaxies are eaten.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Who be left on the planet to say who actually won? It would be one of DBZ/FF fights where cities are wiped, planets are exploded, galaxies are eaten.
proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.