Deftones bassist Chi Cheng dead at age 42

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Sadness. I enjoyed all Deftones albums, but I would say White Pony was my favorite.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bah, this guy has been, for all intent and purpose, dead, since that auto accident happened. It just goes to show you how fragile it all is.

RIP

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Rip
One of those bands I still wish I had the chance to see back in the day
Lol, back in the day? They are as strong as ever. Their last two albums with new bassist rocked. Some say Diamond Eyes is their best work ever.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
This sucks, but the poor guy has been drifting in and out for a while, glad his suffering is over. And not to be a dick or anything, but just another reminder to always wear a seatbelt - his sister survived that crash fine. Going to listen to Around the Fur now. RIP.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Such shitty news man.. No more suffering though. Time to listen the the tones all day tomorrow
RIP Chi

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did see them when they played their first Ozzfest, the crowd definitely hated them, I think I was the only person who was excited.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
I remember seeing them up in Schaumberg, IL at an in store Tower records signing back in like 96. They played in the store and passed out deftones earplugs lol. Was awesome. Seen them a couple of times live and always brought the intensity. Sucks that he has passed. I was listening to some of the new stuff the other day. Time to head to youtube and cue up some tracks in rememberence. RIP

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
This sucks, but the poor guy has been drifting in and out for a while, glad his suffering is over. And not to be a dick or anything, but just another reminder to always wear a seatbelt - his sister survived that crash fine. Going to listen to Around the Fur now. RIP.
Is that the cause/circumstances? I was going to ask what they were. Minor/moderate fender bender and he wasn't wearing a seat belt? That's pretty shitty.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Is that the cause/circumstances? I was going to ask what they were. Minor/moderate fender bender and he wasn't wearing a seat belt? That's pretty shitty.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...eng-dead-at-42

Yes, I remember reading that at the time/afterwards and most news reports report the same thing. It wasn't really a "minor" accident - car flipped a few times, but his sister was driving, was wearing hers and was fine. It's shitty that it's so preventable and pointless - he didn't have some crazy drug depression like Layne Staley/Kurt Cobain or was some rock god sacrifice like John Bonham or Jimi Hendrix. Just something that can happen to anyone and is mostly preventable.

Szlia

CarlettaHawk_sl said:
There are some cases that a person dies because of car or vehicle accident. Laws prohibiting drivers who are texting while driving now being implemented in all places. The DOT is concerned about texting while driving which is very dangerous and reported as high cases. Acash advancecan help you pay for your ticket.
These spam bots are getting good.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I gotta tell you guys, Deftones last two releases are some of my favorite albums of the past 10 yrs.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
The last two albums are great, there's no denying that, but did you know that while listening to the last two albums, if you become distracted while driving and get into an accident, that there are steps that you can take to prevent lawsuits? The DOT is concerned about listening to the Deftones' last two albums while driving which is very dangerous and reported as high cases. Acash advancecan help you pay for your ticket and purchase more Deftones albums.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I gotta tell you guys, Deftones last two releases are some of my favorite albums of the past 10 yrs.
Agreed. I've always liked the band, but the moment they turned more space rock is when I really started caring. Diamond Eyes will probably remain one of my favorite albums ever.

Also, even though it's obvious the band doesn't care about it since they never play anything off it, I think Saturday Night Wrist is pretty underrated. Not as good, but underrated.