Demolition (2016)

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Demolition (2016)

Tagline: Life: Some disassembly required.

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Director: Jean-Marc Vallée

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Cooper, Naomi Watts, Heather Lind, Judah Lewis, C.J. Wilson, Polly Draper, Malachy Cleary, Debra Monk, Wass Stevens, Blaire Brooks, Ben Cole, Brendan Dooling, James Colby, Alfredo Narciso, Madison Arnold, Gregory Haney, James Young, Bjorn Dupaty, Jane Dashow, Tom Kemp, Royce Johnson, Hani Avital, Elizabeth Loyacano, Celia Au, Stephen Badalamenti, Mark Lewis, Aaron Bantum, Lytle Harper, Kevin Herbst

Release: 2016-04-06

Runtime: 101

Plot: An emotionally desperate investment banker finds hope through a woman he meets in Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Didn't see a thread on this, just saw it on Iptorrents and watched half of it while bored.

What the fuck is this hipster trash? I couldn't even get through it. The main character acting completely irrationally, basically deconstructing his life in the face of trauma. Needless symbolism everywhere, a "fuck being successful" theme pushed in your face throughout, and of course the edgy little kid.

Why do they make this shit? I checked IMDB and it has like a 7.3. Who the fuck actually liked this?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
After watching the trailer, I'm not sure what you expected?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Should send a envelope to the studio containing nothing but a picture of your avatar.

Szlia

While not without flaws, I found this movie to be pretty good. It's about a guy who lived his life on auto-pilot and is suddenly lost when all goes off track with the death of his wife. He no longer knows how to act, who he is, if his life before was an absurd mascarade or not, if he loved his wife or not... so he attempts to reinvent himself or find himself or maybe break the glass wall that always stood between him and life? Or maybe he is just losing his mind because he finds himself unable to mourn his wife? The success of the movie for me is that it maintains this state of uncertainty.

That said, it is very convenient for the plot that he is loaded, the girlfriend's boyfriend is thrown under the bus, the girlfriend's child's arch is over the top, so yeah...

PS: There is a brilliantly edited sequence that follows the death of the wife and something very poignant in the first half of the conclusion.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
huh? this movie sucks

It's Jake Gyilenhall, reusing his uncaring emotionless (aspergers?) character from nightcrawler, or maybe he's just copying ryan goslings drive character.

While i think the boy acted well, his character is a google search of "bullied boy".

If you can somehow relate to this character, jump off a bridge, the world doesn't need ppl like you.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Also I saw it on iptorrents as a popular torrent, I guess I did not realize how many raging homosexuals download torrents.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm sure all kinds of homosexuals download torrents.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database