Denizens of FOH I call upon thee!

Occido_foh

shitlord
NOt hard to win when all the votes were scripted. Not sure why there wasn"t a limit of 1 or 2 at the most for votes a day.

Radio stations have a rep for having rigged contests, dont see why this one is any different. Ive heard radio personalities talking on air about how contests were rigged for big money prizes like trips and cars and what not.

What would be really great is to expose the rigged contest and maybe get local TV stations to report it about the radio station.

Occido_foh

shitlord
EmpireF4i said:
What would be really great is to expose the rigged contest and maybe get local TV stations to report it about the radio station.
There"s a reporter dude here in Utah (I cannot for the life of me remember his name) but he does just that. He looks into things like this and then humiliates the party(ies) in question on public TV. Completely shitting on their reputation.

quse

the pupe
From the PM maximathing got:

...Guess when you"re a mouth breather who lives in your mom"s basement...
I swear to christ I just read that exact line in this thread

Zennin_foh

shitlord
holy shit we"ve got FOHSS"rs coming out of the woodwork here in Utah apparently. I live in PG, work in Draper. A few of the guys I work with lurk here, but don"t really post much.

Salshun_foh

shitlord
EmpireF4i said:
Radio stations have a rep for having rigged contests, dont see why this one is any different. Ive heard radio personalities talking on air about how contests were rigged for big money prizes like trips and cars and what not.

I can just see one of us meeting with a mysterious figure in a parking garage at night so he can give us a manila envelope describing what really went down.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
2 email replies.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jul 21, 2009 4:29pm
Subject: Fw: Re: Model Contest was a sham.
To:
CC:

> Further more it is hard for us to make it a sham when the web is run by an outside company. I never even see the votes.

> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
> From:[email protected]
> Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:26:27 +0000
> To:
> Subject: Re: Re: Model Contest was a sham.
> Bad press? I have never heard anything but from the past 4 emails. Plus this is for Expose photography movin is just helping promote it.

> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
> From:
> Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:25:42 +0000
> To:[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Re: Model Contest was a sham.
> Please keep me updated. there is alot of bad press and rumors floating around now about your station and the contest being rigged from the start. Brooke being a "maxim girl" and being paid before the contest just to publicize for the station and is going to win regardless. Also as mentioned before it"s kind of shocking to watch Tasha go from a 70-30 lead to losing by over 1 million votes in less then an hour?? Then the bracket suddenly being closed right after?? seriously?

Salshun said:
I can just see one of us meeting with a mysterious figure in a parking garage at night so he can give us a manila envelope describing what really went down.
And then Homer turning on the head lights to his car and yelling "HEY MR. SMITHERS!"

But really, this would be a nice way to win and bring down the people at the radio station who rigged it and drop the R6 forum at the same time.

Only backfire is the reporter could find this thread and say stuff about Tasha, but Im sure some mods could remove certain posts in a thread if they wanted too.

Salshun_foh

shitlord
EmpireF4i said:
And then Homer turning on the head lights to his car and yelling "HEY MR. SMITHERS!"
You magnificent bastard, I was trying to find the pic. Heh, "Lemme get a ride home!"

+Internets for you

Requiem_foh

shitlord
Let"s get the information we have together at least.
When did the mass voting spike occur?
What were the scores before and after?
Final vote count 4.5 to 5.5 million right?
The competition ended late, right? How late?

From what Tyen tells me, she made up nearly 2 million votes in about 30 minutes. Somebody with more firm understanding of the numbers please come up with a "made up x votes in x minutes" for me.

If the 2 million in 30 minutes is correct, it"s probably possible to prove beyond doubt that their webserver(s) couldn"t even process that many votes.

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Requiem said:

From what Tyen tells me, she made up nearly 2 million votes in about 30 minutes. Somebody with more firm understanding of the numbers please come up with a "made up x votes in x minutes" for me.

If the 2 million in 30 minutes is correct, it"s probably possible to prove beyond doubt that their webserver(s) couldn"t even process that many votes.
How is the million votes thing being calculated? I just saw percentages on the website.

Salshun_foh

shitlord
Requiem said:

2 million in votes in 30 minutes? Even if she got all 4chan, SA, PA, and FOHSS members currently logged in at the time to vote for her, wouldn"t have been possible.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure the vote numbers was just someone throwing them out as examples and haven"t officially been released.

I could be wrong though.

Even still, to overcome a 25+% deficit the get 10% ahead during the middle of the day over a 4 hour period and then suddenly out of the blue the polls close?

Just another shitty radio stations scam. Sorry Tasha. I"ll still do you in the pooper though if your self esteem took a dive.

We need to find out the "outside company" than ran the website for Movin and get the numbers for them. Also, Expose photography is the company that the contest was for, that needs to be investigated too.

Believe_foh

shitlord
Just from gathering the different results posted in this thread:

8:38 AM CST
63.6 Tasha
36.4 Maxim Girl

^^^
This seemed to be the peak. Was down hill from there.

10:53 AM

1:41 PM

2:44 PM

2:54 PM

3:37PM

4:15PM

4:42PM

Szlia

I am pretty sure the vote figure is just from a conspiracy theory post made after the fail.

I suspect their vote.asp code is half decent and discarded all of the votes made with masked or repeating IP. It just did that without notification. In the end, the countable votes were probably in the thousands, which means that a strong effort of self promotion in a number of forums could very much have turned the tides of battle.

I also don"t believe that Brooke girl was in on it, because if she was, why would she have posted anywhere ever to get votes?

For me the fishy part is how the contest ended out of the blue just after she pulled ahead.