Desktop Computers

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Amazon.com: ASUS 34 Accessories

Does anyone here own this particular monitor?
I'm super close to dropping the cash on it, but it'd mostly be for work. Trying to game in 21:9 is still shitty with lots of games not even supporting it, and getting a stable 60-100fps on a single 980ti is pretty rough, so kinda feels best to wait another year for a 1080ti and some price drops, cause 1300$ is a kick in the pants.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm super close to dropping the cash on it, but it'd mostly be for work. Trying to game in 21:9 is still shitty with lots of games not even supporting it, and getting a stable 60-100fps on a single 980ti is pretty rough, so kinda feels best to wait another year for a 1080ti and some price drops, cause 1300$ is a kick in the pants.

Blizzard just announced OW would support 21:9 by the end of July, which means I bet a lot of other AAA game makers will follow suit.

And yes, it does seem like a 1080 ti would be the minimum single-card solution to power this thing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I looked in to that last year as I worked from home like 85% of the, even adding up % of rent/utilities and everything I spend on tech it was still less than taking the personal standard deduction, so meh.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So whose sock puppet is she? On a nearly year old LG G4 review she said she got it for free from LG, but yet today she doesnt even have 25k subscribers. Who knows how few she had back then yet she was already getting free stuff?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How do I do this, by the way?
You need to have a room in your house that is considered solely a working office I believe and then write it off when you do your taxes saying it is 100% used for your work. That's the tldr version.

If you're a student and working hourly you may not be itemizing your deductions though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can do it in Turbotax, but it replaces the individual standard deduction, so your expenses need to be crazy high for it to win out. You basically make your home office a % of the square footage of where you live then get to take that % from rent, electric, heating, internet, then throw in other mostly related computer shit and deduct the total. The standard individual deduction is like 6500? 7k? or something like that though so it'd take a lot to beat that number unless you lie big about the size of your home office.

I'm in a one bedroom apartment and my "office" is basically half of my living room and came out to like just under 30% or something and even that wasn't enough to replace the normal deduction.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the office deductions and personal business only really make sense when you have like mortgage interest, medical espenses etc to deduct.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea if you're just doing a single person file as like a renter with a job, it's worthless.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I looked in to that last year as I worked from home like 85% of the, even adding up % of rent/utilities and everything I spend on tech it was still less than taking the personal standard deduction, so meh.
A democrat's solution would be to just buy more to get to your standard deduction, amirite?!?!

TrainWreck1.gif

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You only get to file as head of household if you have actual dependents (kids or invalids or whatever), otherwise you still have to just file as single regardless no?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If your parent is as worthless as his mom she'd qualify as an invalid? Probably just has to do with total income from that parent.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shipping out my 970 tomorrow-ish, then I guess it'll be a couple weeks or so until the 1070 gets sent back.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
When are they in stores? I want an EVGA 1070 that's not the shitty founder's edition.