Desktop Computers

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I got mine off the shelf a few months ago and it didn't have the issue, this was for the h80i though not the 100. Be really sure your case can fit the fan.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had really good luck with Corsair support also. I'd shoot them an email and they will probably offer to send you a new unit. I personally like to PM company reps on their forums, seems to always get issues resolved.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Yeah my computer has 4 corsair products in it. They make awesome cases now, they came outta no where with that one. Their ram is fantastic, and the ssd they make is quick. The cooler took me 5 tries to get it installed correctly. But its good, now.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I have learned that the Corsair H55 is a piece of shit. Got a replacement unit and the pump on it rattles louder than the first one. It sounds like a really loud hard drive under heavy load. It cools fine but the noise sucks.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Don't wanna say I told you so, but I told you so. Don't buy cheap water cooling, go with high end air cooling for the same price.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So the primary HD, a 640 GB WD black, in my desktop decided to shit itself today and is no longer detected. Swapped cables and ports and the platter is spinning, but I can't get any computer to detect it.

I figured I'd check here if there were any drives that were particularly good or ones to be avoided. I want to keep it to $100 or less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=22-136-533
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148840

Those are the 2 I've been considering and I'd go for the Seagate without a second thought except the WD has a 5 year warranty compared to the Seagate's 2 years.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I would but then I wouldn't have enough space without going over what I can afford right now. I plan on getting a SSD at some point, just not now.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I have that one and it's amazing. Planning on buying another one for raid 1 and maybe even more for raid 5/10.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would but then I wouldn't have enough space without going over what I can afford right now. I plan on getting a SSD at some point, just not now.
You can get a cheap 128gb SSD for your OS for less than $100. Your games can go on your secondary platter drive.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I am not sure where to put this but I will try here. So I am looking at buying an external hard drive for backing up my system and I am looking at gettingthis. Is the hard drive "stuck" into that casing or can I upgrade the HD by putting in an internal HD into the same housing at a later time?

Thanks

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You can get a cheap 128gb SSD for your OS for less than $100. Your games can go on your secondary platter drive.
I would love to be able to do that, but my other drive is an old 320 gig and it's full, so I'd have to buy 2 drives. I've been wanting to build a NAS for a while now, but due to some unavoidable expenses I haven't had the money. A few more months and I'll have the last of my debts paid off and I'll pick up a Samsung Evo and build a NAS with my tax refund.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I would love to be able to do that, but my other drive is an old 320 gig and it's full, so I'd have to buy 2 drives. I've been wanting to build a NAS for a while now, but due to some unavoidable expenses I haven't had the money. A few more months and I'll have the last of my debts paid off and I'll pick up a Samsung Evo and build a NAS with my tax refund.
If you are funds limited, why do you want to build a NAS (when any single PC you own can be a NAS)? I'd think you could forego a lot of cost and just buy new drives for your current boxes, and use software to replicate needed data across all your drives, and use the savings to buy SSD's for your OS/Apps drives...and everything is faster, happier and much more resistant to faults.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, that's pretty much what I meant by build a NAS. I've got the leftover parts from previous desktops that I intend to buy a few HDDs for and use it to store media and back up important stuff. Once I have that set up I'll buy a decent SSD for the desktop and just have a second drive in it for games that don't need to be on the SSD.