Desktop Computers

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wonder how much that 3080ti will run. That's a big ass bump.

Same price across the board as RTX_2 parts. Nvidia got away with high magins and they aren't going ot let them go with the RTX_3 parts. Pricing will be high and aavailability will be low for many months.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So ive read up on this for the last few hours and i cant seem to get a clear response as to what one is actually better for gaming, one site did say yellow because the input is a little faster

but most sites just say "green is loud" "orange not so loud" "yellow is basically silent" trying to order my new keybaord wanna know the actual difference before i shell out an extra 40-60$ for yellow switches since i guess it requires that much more labor to do yellow keys instead of standard green

Also would it make a big difference if my mouse is a razer and i go with a non razer keyboard? like compatibility issues and what not?

im looking at these 2 huntsman claims Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever only thing with the huntsman even if i get the elite for the same price as black widow you cant choose color of keys

Or Blackwidow ELite

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd be willing to bet that's not the 3080ti and it's a Titan instead. That's what /r/Nvidia thinks

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So ive read up on this for the last few hours and i cant seem to get a clear response as to what one is actually better for gaming, one site did say yellow because the input is a little faster

but most sites just say "green is loud" "orange not so loud" "yellow is basically silent" trying to order my new keybaord wanna know the actual difference before i shell out an extra 40-60$ for yellow switches since i guess it requires that much more labor to do yellow keys instead of standard green

Also would it make a big difference if my mouse is a razer and i go with a non razer keyboard? like compatibility issues and what not?

im looking at these 2 huntsman claims Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever only thing with the huntsman even if i get the elite for the same price as black widow you cant choose color of keys

Or Blackwidow ELite
First things first - you can use any mouse/kb combo you want. The only thing having two Razer products is they'll both use the Chroma software, Synapse. This is both nice and a curse. Nice that the RGB is set to sync with devices and saved to the cloud, but bad in that Synapse is absolute fucking GARBAGE. The fact you need to login to use the software is absolutely ridiculous. Additionally I've been using Razer Deathadders since the first version came out - I can't remember w hen, 10 years? More maybe? The quality in these devices has gone DOWNHILL bad. I had an original death adder for most of those 10 years that I dropped a lot because I'm a retard, and finally after years of abuse it died. The new Deathadders.. well, I've bought four of them in as many years. I actually have another DeathAdder new in box because I know my current one will break soon - one year seems to be how often they break. Definitely do not recommend Razer products to anyone.

Second as far as switches. I'm not sure how Razer switches compare to Cherry MX switches, which are the gold standard. If you do want to go Razer, I'm not sure. You could check out Corsair mechanical keyboards which are basically the best entry level mechanical keyboards money can by. You have a couple options - they sell switch testers that come with one of every switch on them and you can press them and see what you like better. Or.. just read reviews and take a stab in the dark.

I prefer blues, but I know a lot of people game on red and brown. Blues are probably more laborious to use than most, but I'm not sure.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So long as the 3080ti isnt another price increase i'll be content. Would be nice is AMD could put out something remarkable to make nvidia stop being turds on gpu prices.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be willing to bet that's not the 3080ti and it's a Titan instead. That's what /r/Nvidia thinks
This would make sense, and would also be unfortunate because it means the ti will be at least Q2 next year? 3080ti is my planned GPU upgrade at this point

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
So long as the 3080ti isnt another price increase i'll be content. Would be nice is AMD could put out something remarkable to make nvidia stop being turds on gpu prices.

There was a story early last year that AMD basically gave up on the 5700s, that the engineers couldnt get as much power/performance out of them as was expected. Disappointing, but maybe AMD learned something from it (i can dream). I think there is a better chance of AMD delivering an APU that obsoletes GPUs for 1080p.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So since it looks like my motherboard is slowly dying, I’ll prob be getting a new rig during a Memorial Day sale.

Any recommendations on what I should be looking for? How much RAM is enough? Do I need liquid cooling or stick with air cooling?

Going to be using this primarily for gaming with some multimedia editing.

Mostly play WoW but I also want to be able to run games like the Resident Evil remakes in highest settings possible.

budget is around the $1500 mark. Hoping to get at least 4 years out of it

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So since it looks like my motherboard is slowly dying, I’ll prob be getting a new rig during a Memorial Day sale.

Any recommendations on what I should be looking for? How much RAM is enough? Do I need liquid cooling or stick with air cooling?

Going to be using this primarily for gaming with some multimedia editing.

Mostly play WoW but I also want to be able to run games like the Resident Evil remakes in highest settings possible.

budget is around the $1500 mark. Hoping to get at least 4 years out of it

3700x
MSI x570 (personal pref - others swear upon the tomahawk)
32gb ram (bc why not?)
depending on the case big air like Noctua is good, especially if not OCing
Are you keeping your GPU? May as well use it till new GPUs come out
500gb pcie gen 4 primary drive and whatever else?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
what keyboard would you guys recommend? the only reason i was looking at razer products was compatibility and the huntsmans is supposed to have
Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My problem these days has been Windows 10 and the ENDLESS rolling bluescreen of deaths. I've been able to handle them on my Desktop by uninstalling the last update, but now they're affecting my laptop as well and every time I try to uninstall the update, it gives me an error then right back into the blue screen cycle once more.

Fucking windows. Even a recovery disc isn't working.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
what keyboard would you guys recommend? the only reason i was looking at razer products was compatibility and the huntsmans is supposed to have
Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever
If you want fast switches, MX Silvers are good.

But they kinda suck for everything but gaming unless you are a very light typer, where Browns are basically good for everything.

I'm actually using Amazon product ASIN B078218YBY as my keyboard of choice right now. Compact mechanical with full size keys and the option of going wireless via a either a USB RF adapter or bluetooth.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use a ducky shine 5 that's incredible. Das keyboards we're all the rage back in like 2008

I tried to order a corsair k65 with mx browns and Amazon sent me one with reds 3 times in a row so I told them to fuck themselves

Got the LG monitor in. I'm gonna game on it tonight and give my review. So far... It's the most beautiful monitor I've ever used.