Desktop Computers

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
8,157
140
Yeah, competition is good. I'm really worried their share of the GPU market is going to slip away just like their CPU market did over the past decade.
 

Jysin

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
7,328
5,965

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,267
20,226
So I'm building a $2000 beast for my brother in law tomorrow. He said he can't wait to load up Command and Conquer 3... sigh.

He also asked if Mad Catz was a good brand for his mouse... sigh.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,267
20,226
I let him order the parts unfortunately. I wanted to be hands off on that shit, I ain't searching for the best deals and shit that was on him.

Oh well.
 

Mario Speedwagon

Log Wizard
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
19,834
74,157
Mad Catz isn't a good brand. It's the only brand.

rrr_img_101125.jpg
 

Jysin

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
7,328
5,965
My 980 Ti cards are beast!! Looks like I am ready for 4K gaming.
cool.png


3770K at 4.5GHz
16GB Ram at 2400MHz
980Ti x2
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB

rrr_img_101127.jpg
 

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
7,051
5,389
heh, for comparison's sake, my i5-4690 and 980 Ti are at 12779 in that normal Firestrike test.
 

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
17,331
17,909
Yeah, just installed mine and with my 2500k and 980 Ti it is 12k also in normal Firestrike. Had dota open and some shit going on second monitor, etc... Still need to clean up some stuff and check out Precision X.

Also need to get a DP to HDMI adapater for my 3rd monitor. Or as I told my wife, "maybe I just need to look at a Gsync monitor"
 

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
50,434
111,526
Id dump the dvd drive unless you have a specific purpose for it, I havent had one in any of my computers for over 6 years now since steam/origin make them completely useless. Also go with a 512gb ssd at a minimum or else youre going to be constantly uninstalling and installing games on it.