Desktop Computers

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Any good reccomndations on full size cases?
Mid size is too small. Not picking on apperance of whatever just need to fit pieces would like good ventilation and all that and maybe one 3.0 usb

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What in the fuck are you shoving in there that doesn't fit in a mid tower? Have you actually seen how big a full tower is? Like, they are fucking massive:

download.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I made my stepbrother buy a full for his build and it was fucking insanely massive lol. Only recommend if you have 900 hdds

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I love my Cooler Master Haf 932 full tower case, plenty of room for water coolant radiators, tons of drives, etc.

(Not mine)
installation.jpg

f9f13111_vbattach95317.jpe

Most of the ports are right at the top, front. Easy to access
15.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's like 2" bigger than an antec 900, not really what most people think of when you say full tower.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My full tower comes up 2in higher than my knee, i'm 5'10, i'm sure i got it in 07? some full tower alum thing, rocketfish/lian li? anyway, 7 bays, 8 HDD racks and a separate psu compartment, that's a full tower.

Apollo64

N00b
Speaking of cases, i got my Define R5 and it made me feel like i bought a new PC. First "enthusiast" case i got, however i think it's overkill for the average user. I don't really need 12 drive bays or 9 possible fan locations. My ideal case would be shorter in length by a couple of inches while still accommodating the biggest of GPUs and having 7-8 bays. The problem with the existing smaller cases (like the Corsair Carbide 400q, fine size by me) is that i'd have to make unacceptable concessions, too few drive bays. Sound insulation btw of the R5 is great, i can only hear the case at the highest fan setting and that's with very low ambient noise. Cooling is more that adequate too, doubt i'd have to install extra fans. There are a couple things that could be better, i'd have liked a more elegant way to deal with the side panels and fan controller switch could be on the top rather than inside the front door, but overall no regrets, that's a great case, especially compared to the hot POS that i previously got.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of cases, i got my Define R5 and it made me feel like i bought a new PC. First "enthusiast" case i got, however i think it's overkill for the average user. I don't really need 12 drive bays or 9 possible fan locations. My ideal case would be shorter in length by a couple of inches while still accommodating the biggest of GPUs and having 7-8 bays. The problem with the existing smaller cases (like the Corsair Carbide 400q, fine size by me) is that i'd have to make unacceptable concessions, too few drive bays. Sound insulation btw of the R5 is great, i can only hear the case at the highest fan setting and that's with very low ambient noise. Cooling is more that adequate too, doubt i'd have to install extra fans. There are a couple things that could be better, i'd have liked a more elegant way to deal with the side panels and fan controller switch could be on the top rather than inside the front door, but overall no regrets, that's a great case, especially compared to the hot POS that i previously got.
Define S unless you absolutely need 5.25 drive bays. Amazing case I highly recommend.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I have the Define R5 without the side window, and I would also highly recommend it. My air cooled setup is totally silent, and the cable management was super easy. My only complaint was the power LED being too bright, but I just unplugged it and the HD LED because fuck random lights. Hard to beat for $100.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have an ATX mid tower, and I need suggestions for a new CPU cooler. I'm running stock that came with the chip right now, it's super loud and I'm getting bearing noise when it's spinning up.

I know the EVO 212 doesn't fit in my case, it's too tall.

Apollo64

N00b
You need to know the clearance you have for the cooler first. Either measure it yourself or check the manufacturer's specs for the case, they usually list it.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Manufacturer doesn't list clearance, measuring myself it appears I have around 4inches, or 10cm, to work with. The case has a big built in fan on the side, which limits height clearance from mobo.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damnit, I knew that would happen as soon as I posted. Wish I could Worf you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have an ATX mid tower, and I need suggestions for a new CPU cooler. I'm running stock that came with the chip right now, it's super loud and I'm getting bearing noise when it's spinning up.

I know the EVO 212 doesn't fit in my case, it's too tall.
you need whats called a low profile cpu cooler

scythe 2100 would probably be your best bet

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
do those low profile/quiet coolers cool much differently than the big ones? I am building a system soon and looking for a sweet spot of quiet + performance. Price doesnt matter