Desktop Computers

gak

<Gold Donor>
i.gif

Intel Core i9-14900KS 6.2 GHz "Special Edition" CPU Leaks Out, The Highest Clock Speed On A Consumer Chip

Intel Core i9-14900KS 6.2 GHz “Special Edition” CPU Leaks Out

Intel's Core i9-14900KS CPU has leaked out and it features the fastest clock speed ever on a consumer chip, boosting up to 6.2 GHz.

The leak comes from Isreal-based retailer, PC-Online, who have listed a range of pre-built PCs featuring the Core i9-14900KS CPU.

The Core i9-14900KS is not official yet but it looks like Intel already detailed its PC partners, retailers, and distributors about the chip & they are already using this information which technically breaks their embargo with Intel (if there was any set in the first place).

ii.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I only use Brother laser printers myself, i have 2 in the house and after using all those other brands i dont ever see myself leaving Brother any time soon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

This is much better memory than that, for the same price, and routinely goes on sale for $90.

I believe the i-5 13600K only supports up to 5600MT/s?

I dont really know much about RAM, what makes those so much better than the corsair?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I believe the i-5 13600K only supports up to 5600MT/s?
That's just Intel's specs. The motherboard manufacturer will say what it supports.

In the case of the board you picked:
  • Supports DDR5 Memory, Dual Channel DDR5 7200+MHz (OC)
Now, those timings would be hard. But 6000mhz @ CL32 is pretty easy, just select the XMP settings in BIOS and go.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm glad i got all the NVME drives id need for a year since the prices have gone back up. I saw the SN850X for $79 for 1TB and was like...yep glad i didnt wait.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad i got all the NVME drives id need for a year since the prices have gone back up. I saw the SN850X for $79 for 1TB and was like...yep glad i didnt wait.

Probably going up so they can discount them for Xmas.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought a 5600X3D and even though I don't use my PC remotely as much as my consoles it seems dumb to be crippling the CPU with a 5700XT (plus Alan Wake 2 is probably just the first of many games to have a hard requirement of DX12Ultimate). Anyone here using a 7800XT at 3440x1440 and happy with it? I hate having to guess the performance of PC parts by looking at 1440p and 4K benchmarks since review sites don't bother testing ultrawide when far too many PC gamers still cling to their gimpy 16:9 displays.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Probably going up so they can discount them for Xmas.
I built like a month ago and the prices are like 25% high for a bunch of shit now. Whoever posted a build a day or two ago I was looking at it and was going to tell them to get a 7800x3d for like $30 more because that's what I paid, but it's now $80 more than what they had in their build. RAM and other stuff was like that too

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I built like a month ago and the prices are like 25% high for a bunch of shit now. Whoever posted a build a day or two ago I was looking at it and was going to tell them to get a 7800x3d for like $30 more because that's what I paid, but it's now $80 more than what they had in their build. RAM and other stuff was like that too
Artificially inflated is one problem, but overall - Temu and shit is over competing for shipping space at the moment. So the core shit that controls the prices is of course going to be higher. After the season dies down, the price will die down.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Goddammit, this ASUS TUF Gaming 4070 ti has SO MUCH damn coil whine. I should have looked into that before buying but totally forgot that was a thing since my last 2 EVGA cards had no coil whine whatsoever so its been like 10 years since I've even heard coil whine.

Undervolting might fix that correct? Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This RAM is really good for the price. Timings work on AMD and Intel, has EXPO and XMP timings coded onto the sticks.

Embed is wrong, it's on sale for $84.

Vorph

Nextorage 4TB with a good-sized (but still PS5-compatible) heatsink is $200 right now too. I don't have any of their drives, but from what I understand Phison owns them so it's basically like buying the NAND and controller direct from the source instead of one of the many rebranded versions.

For 2TB, I'd probably still stick with the XPG Gammix S70, since it's also $100. I'd expect it to go lower for BF though, since the one I bought from them earlier this year was $90.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Nextorage 4TB with a good-sized (but still PS5-compatible) heatsink is $200 right now too. I don't have any of their drives, but from what I understand Phison owns them so it's basically like buying the NAND and controller direct from the source instead of one of the many rebranded versions.

For 2TB, I'd probably still stick with the XPG Gammix S70, since it's also $100. I'd expect it to go lower for BF though, since the one I bought from them earlier this year was $90.

The firmware won't update on my XPG drives, never buying shit from them again. I've also gotten more than one of them DOA from Amazon, not sure who's fault that is.

• 1Garbage

Vorph

Never had any problems with their drives, got 3 in PCs and 1 in my PS5.

I almost never update SSD firmware though unless there's a complete disaster happening like with Samsung 980 Pros a while back. They usually wipe the drive in the process, fuck that unless the drive is brand new.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How necessary are heatsinks and/or fans for NVME drives? I have a SATA SSD with no direct cooling. Obviously, when I get around to upgrading, I'll buy a NVME drive. I'm just not sure how to tell if a drive needs direct cooling or a case with good airflow(which is what I usually prefer) is enough.

Jovec

?
How necessary are heatsinks and/or fans for NVME drives? I have a SATA SSD with no direct cooling. Obviously, when I get around to upgrading, I'll buy a NVME drive. I'm just not sure how to tell if a drive needs direct cooling or a case with good airflow(which is what I usually prefer) is enough.

Gen 4 drives can throttle without one but the built-in heat sink most decent motherboards use for NVMe drives is more than enough (and better than gimmicky aftermarket ones). Current Gen 5 drives would need a good mobo heatsink or good aftermarket one. Throttling mainly occurs during long windows of sustained usage - normal usage, even gaming, probably won't throttle a Gen 4 without one but may throttle a Gen 5.

• 1Like