Desktop Computers

Jovec

?
What is all this nonsense about vert only for cards? Stop buying small cases!

Indeed.

Define7_XL.jpg

OD11XL-7800X3D-7900XTX.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, I buy "small" (and personally I would call the Y60 "pretty fuckin huge" and can't imagine putting up with anything bigger than that) cases because I don't want my PC sitting on a wood floor vacuuming up every bit of cat hair and dust (~180 year old house is a dust factory) in the room. Which it's doing right now, but I can't finish installing my new desk until the electrician gets done in my gaming room. I also prefer shorter/wider cube-ish cases because I've always hated dealing with cable management in a traditional tower shape.
I like the Hyte cases, but i wouldnt buy one because they look like little ovens for a 4090.
Like I said a couple days ago, the Y60 expressly forbids anything above 60mm thickness. The only option would be to get a hybrid cooled 4090, but even if they were available anywhere reputable that still makes a hell of a lot less sense than just paying the extra for a Y70 to get massively increased space for your GPU, much better airflow from case fans below the GPU, and that sweet LCD panel. Definitely the route I'd go if I was insane enough to spend that much on PC gaming. For what little I actually use my PC, buying a new case, psu, 5600X3D, and 7800XT was borderline crazy as it is. Especially now that the 7800XT makes me want to go buy a 38" Alienware ultrawide to go with it.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They're mounting them vertical to change the forces on the PCI slot part of the PCB tab from shear to compression.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh, I buy "small" (and personally I would call the Y60 "pretty fuckin huge" and can't imagine putting up with anything bigger than that) cases because I don't want my PC sitting on a wood floor vacuuming up every bit of cat hair and dust (~180 year old house is a dust factory) in the room. Which it's doing right now, but I can't finish installing my new desk until the electrician gets done in my gaming room. I also prefer shorter/wider cube-ish cases because I've always hated dealing with cable management in a traditional tower shape.

Like I said a couple days ago, the Y60 expressly forbids anything above 60mm thickness. The only option would be to get a hybrid cooled 4090, but even if they were available anywhere reputable that still makes a hell of a lot less sense than just paying the extra for a Y70 to get massively increased space for your GPU, much better airflow from case fans below the GPU, and that sweet LCD panel. Definitely the route I'd go if I was insane enough to spend that much on PC gaming. For what little I actually use my PC, buying a new case, psu, 5600X3D, and 7800XT was borderline crazy as it is. Especially now that the 7800XT makes me want to go buy a 38" Alienware ultrawide to go with it.
I loved this monitor, but honestly I love my 45 inch Corsair.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK I'm looking for a very specific device and I'm wondering if it even exists.

I often swap out a bunch of computers/devices in my office, and I have a good KB/M setup that is a must. I also cannot run software on some of them. I have a KVM switch, however I don't use the video because it's easier for me to use separate displays since I need to monitor stuff and not all of these are networked. I ended up not using it because I had to leave at least one HID device on some of them or else it will accelerate power savings mode and sleep very quickly, which means I have to screw around with settings or keep it up - it just adds a lot of complexity and isn't very fluid.

What I really want is a 'KM' switch, that would accept USB keyboard and mouse that does one button bluetooth session swap between devices. Bonus points would be passive polling mode that would keepalive devices swapped off of so if you disconnect it leaves a BT phantom so it believes theres a KB/M attached but no input. I really just want to bring one laptop that's on profile 4, or my iPad on profile 6 and swap to it with existing KB/M. Many companies make individual devices with multiple bluetooth profiles, but it's a bit finnicky with multiple devices and I want to not have to micromanage multiple devices on 2+ input devices. and swap twice with sometimes awkward shortcuts - if there even is a hardware way to do it.

Is there anything that fits this bill?

gak

<Gold Donor>
10.jpg

64 GB DDR5 Modules Are Coming To Desktop PCs, Enabling Up To 256 GB Memory Capacities

Desktop PC memory is soon going to get another major capacity boost with the upcoming release of 64 GB DDR5 modules for up to 256 GB capacities.

Intel & AMD Desktop PCs To See Major Memory Capacity Boost With 64 GB Modules & Up To 256 GB Capacities
For a long time, the maximum supported memory capacity for desktop PCs was 128 GB and the max capacity per module was limited to 32 GB (16 Gb DRAM). This changed when DRAM makers introduced brand new 24 GB and 48 GB kits based on the 24 Gb DRAM, allowing for up to 192 GB capacities. MSI was among the first motherboard makers to offer support for such high capacities and now, the company will be the first to offer support for up to 256 GB capacities on its desktop PC platforms.

Micron's 1-beta DRAM which comprises 32 Gb DRAM modules is coming to market soon with the likes of Kingston's Fury Renegade DDR5 memory kit. This kit features four DDR5 modules, and each one is equipped with 64 GB capacity for a total of up to 256 GB. That's a 33% increase over the past 192 GB capacities which are still a huge amount for mainstream desktop PC platforms.

This is a huge deal since you'd no longer require to get 4 memory modules to reach 128 GB total capacity. Only two 64 GB modules will get you an impressive 128 B capacity and this also opens up the room for more 2-DIMM motherboard designs which are perfect for dual-channel memory OC.

MSI is demonstrating a 256 GB capacity setup on its PRO X670-P WIFI motherboard equipped with an AMD Ryzen 9 7900X CPU. You will require a BIOS update to enable optimal support for the 256 GB capacities and 64 GB DDR5 modules.

ASRock has also showcased support for 256 GB capacities using 64 GB DDR5 memory modules on both AMD X670 and Intel Z790 platforms. This shows that all major motherboard vendors are prepping support for higher capacities for their specific motherboard platforms. And it's good to see that both Intel and AMD platforms are getting support.

These new BIOS firmware will be rolled out very soon so stay tuned for more information. We will also be keeping you updated with the prices of these 256 GB kits and 64 GB DDR5 modules as they are available.

s.jpg

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking for a KVM switch so I can use my mouse and keyboard from my PC on my work Laptop without unplugging shit every time. Any recommendations?

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking for a KVM switch so I can use my mouse and keyboard from my PC on my work Laptop without unplugging shit every time. Any recommendations?

TESmart makes great KVMs.

Crone

Haven't been on the board in quite sometime, but it's still my best source for tech information. I broke my side lid on my LIan LI case, and want to get a new one. Any new crazy hotness in case tech? lol. Or I go with Lian Li XL

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Haven't been on the board in quite sometime, but it's still my best source for tech information. I broke my side lid on my LIan LI case, and want to get a new one. Any new crazy hotness in case tech? lol. Or I go with Lian Li XL
alot of those lian o11 clones now

the newest is to have curved edge so it doesn't obstruct the view
528aa7822d1d8a32edd3005f4ee6b012.png

MONTECH King 95 PRO Dual-Chamber ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case, High-Airflow, Toolless Panels, Sturdy Curved Tempered Glass Front, 6 ARGB PWM Fan Pre-Installed with Fan Hub, White

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Hmm, with 9 Corsair QL120's, I'll have to go on amazon or newegg to use their filter features to find cases that fit what I already have, and then find the cheapest price elsewhere.

I do kind of like the curved features, and if it was plexi/plastic, I wouldn't mind that either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hmm, with 9 Corsair QL120's, I'll have to go on amazon or newegg to use their filter features to find cases that fit what I already have, and then find the cheapest price elsewhere.

I do kind of like the curved features, and if it was plexi/plastic, I wouldn't mind that either.
oh your one of those ppl, ha, the nv9 just got released it has a lot of argb channels built into the case and walls
188dd5b5efe87cc1043f746c2c7af1b4.png

Phanteks NV9, Showcase Full-Tower Chassis, High Airflow Performance, Integrated D/A-RGB Lighting, Seamless Tempered Glass Design, 11x 140mm Fan Positions (Black)

jay2z just did a review

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The reversible function in the Lian Li is just too good, though. Would be hard for me to give that up if I had to change cases AGAIN.