Desktop Computers

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So im thinking to stop paying for my netherlands plex server and convert my home server off my Synology NAS into a full blown plex server. However i want to keep it small so i was thinking either a Mac Mini M2, Beelink, or Mac Studio M1 Max.

I am leaning towards keeping things mac oriented but its really about what will allow me to do alot of 4k streams with some transcoding and not cause stuttering. I will have 1gig up so just pondering what will allow me a very small footprint.

Sure i could run it off the beast PC but i dont think ill ever have a custom loop system stay on 24/7 365.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
IMG_0412.jpeg

This thing took forever and a day to arrive.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought a 7” panel to use command center type software on, but it’s basically just a tiny monitor that browser windows disappear into and I can never find. It’s so annoying.

How much was it?
I was wondering if it would show up in Windows as another monitor. Is that what you mean? Ive also seen the units that are all-in-one and only read information off the mobo. But theyre a lot more expensive than just the wired up display.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was wondering if it would show up in Windows as another monitor. Is that what you mean? Ive also seen the units that are all-in-one and only read information off the mobo. But theyre a lot more expensive than just the wired up display.

Yeah and it sucks haha.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I bought a 7” panel to use command center type software on, but it’s basically just a tiny monitor that browser windows disappear into and I can never find. It’s so annoying.

How much was it?

I think it was like $139 or so, but the benefit is this is USB and not an external display like the others. Aida64 works on this also and i much prefer usb than having another display source.

edit - checked - it was $129, but it is well spent and i expect more brands to make panels like this. I expect ASUS to come out with one that looks like an RGB disco ball from the Hellraiser movie series.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
In stock for maybe the day?

G.Skill WigiDash PC Command Panel - 7 inch Touch Display, Up to 20 (5x4) Widget Grid, Customizable Hotkeys/Shortcuts/Widgets, Monitor System Performance (Windows 10 and 11, USB Powered) https://a.co/d/3qpZvcz

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's a good 100% utilization temp for a 7800X3D? I'm cooling it with a Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 inside a Lian Li 216. Fan modes are all set to silent.

When PoE loads a map, it seems to be able to hit nearly 100% CPU utilization. Or, at least HWMonitor is reporting a max of 96% utilization. It's then I can hear the CPU fans spin up. Max package temperature of 76 C ok to with that?

Cinebench still the standard for stress testing a CPU??

I hope to god someone has a taskbar fix for Windows 11. I would much prefer it on the left of one of my monitors to maximize vertical screen space. Why did they remove this?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's pretty normal. 3d cache insulates the cores from the cooler, so x3d runs pretty warm despite not using that much power.
Thanks. I've found similar from GN's review of the chip. Lots of external factors can effect cpu temps, but theirs was maxing out at ~75 C too. Wonder what's limiting it if it isn't TjMax.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What's a good 100% utilization temp for a 7800X3D? I'm cooling it with a Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 inside a Lian Li 216. Fan modes are all set to silent.

When PoE loads a map, it seems to be able to hit nearly 100% CPU utilization. Or, at least HWMonitor is reporting a max of 96% utilization. It's then I can hear the CPU fans spin up. Max package temperature of 76 C ok to with that?

Cinebench still the standard for stress testing a CPU??

I hope to god someone has a taskbar fix for Windows 11. I would much prefer it on the left of one of my monitors to maximize vertical screen space. Why did they remove this?
Right click, task bar settings or behavior etc

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks. I've found similar from GN's review of the chip. Lots of external factors can effect cpu temps, but theirs was maxing out at ~75 C too. Wonder what's limiting it if it isn't TjMax.
i have a 5800x3d my 100% is 65c w/ a bequiet darkrock4

the assassin is good, i think i read the thermal paste it comes with is ok, kryonaut or mx6 will probably shave off 2c for you

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I get it boys, PC cost, but when it comes to air cooling on a desktop I won’t use anything but the Noctua NH-D15. It’s faithful, it’s quiet, it’s chonky but never fails.

its the wife that has your meat and potatoes waiting for you when you get home from work.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I get it boys, PC cost, but when it comes to air cooling on a desktop I won’t use anything but the Noctua NH-D15. It’s faithful, it’s quiet, it’s chonky but never fails.

its the wife that has your meat and potatoes waiting for you when you get home from work.
why would anyone buy a d15 now tho?

it's been 10years and while they have had amazing bracket support, they are finally releasing a successor this year

it's not like the d15 has had any innovation beyond, chonky cooler and add awesome ugly brown fans

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
why would anyone buy a d15 now tho?

it's been 10years and while they have had amazing bracket support, they are finally releasing a successor this year

it's not like the d15 has had any innovation beyond, chonky cooler and add awesome ugly brown fans

When you have a dime at home, you only cheat if youre bored, or old and you see this young hot thing looking your way.

Hey i get it guys, every now and then you just want to dip your stick in something new and fun right? Its on the shelf looking at you, saying sweet things in your ear, got you getting a lil chub in your pants. I feel you, we've all been there, and i myself made the choice to go to a DeepCool AK620 because i gave in to my inhibitions.

However i was wrong, and id let my NH-D15 go to someone else, and my temps rose and i got warmer. I was filled with regret but at that point it was too late.

Guys, don't cheat, stick to the dime you have that loves you even if you're kind of bored of the same old lay.

Sonic The Hedgehog No GIF by Mashed

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Not the stuff inside the taskbar, the taskbar itself. I want it vertically positioned on one monitor. Not horizontal on both. What a waste of space.
I bought an app that lets me move it to the top. Heh. There is a reg key that might work for the sides tho. Start11 from star dock.