Desktop Computers

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I’ve tried it with a speaker plugged in and without.
If you're using one of those old school-colored plugs, turn on YouTube and let it play full blast while moving the plug around. What type of connection are you using to get sound into your speakers?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Like suggested above, start some video playing and then going through every playback device you see in Windows.
1716427605118.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For the sake of clarity, he was asking what the sound output device is set to. Often times, for example, it gets set the HDMI sound device on the GPU instead of the onboard audio when the GPU drivers get installed.
if you have a ps5 controller plugged in, the fucking speaker on the controller will take over

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
hmm unless something changes i dont see a reason to build anything. I guess i need to see what cpu's AMD comes out with. I planned SFF bbuuuut with new CPUs and GPUs around the corner i may wait till Jan for the next build

Not sure how many of you saw it, but they demo'd a 38 inch 4k240hz MicroLED with 4000 nits or something absurd, let me find it -

I say my Wakandanz, yall ready to burn them retinas????

Oh it may be 1080p - wouldnt touch

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats what Ive found when looking for new monitors lately. Im in no rush to find them, as the setup I have now is "ok" - but when I look at the boxes, trying to figure out the specs, they throw all kinds of shit ass jargon at you. I dont know why, but it seems like every box where I couldnt find it it was 1080p or 4k, it always said HDR and as soon as I saw HDR, I already knew that if I kept looking, or googled it on my phone, that it was a 1080p. Not that HDR is relegated to 1080p - its just when they advertise HDR like its some big feature. Its frustrating as hell. The price ranges dont even make sense half the time, either. Sometimes a small monitor with a low refresh at 4k will cost several hundred dollars, but then you turn around and see another box thats 6 or 7 inches bigger, thats 4k, and has a refresh thats slightly higher, its cheaper. .. Im obviously missing something, but at this point.. I dont know what the fuck it is.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I enjoy the 45 inch 1440p, im not sure id want a 4k240hz since nothing is going to max that unless maybe Apex. What other resolution could be used on a 45 inch UWS monitor?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
hmm unless something changes i dont see a reason to build anything. I guess i need to see what cpu's AMD comes out with. I planned SFF bbuuuut with new CPUs and GPUs around the corner i may wait till Jan for the next build

Not sure how many of you saw it, but they demo'd a 38 inch 4k240hz MicroLED with 4000 nits or something absurd, let me find it -

I say my Wakandanz, yall ready to burn them retinas????

Who the fuck needs anything remotely that bright? Are you working in some kind of clinical clean room?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Who the fuck needs anything remotely that bright? Are you working in some kind of clinical clean room?
Lol, WTF. 4000 nits is literally <10x my current monitor, which I already set to 1/4 brightness so I don't go blind.

Edit: I guess it's for HDR and not to permanently burn an Excel grid into your retina.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I usually melt down bodies in an all white room, you'd be surprised how much that seems to make a picture seem alot dimmer than it actually is. If you like i could show you this in person, seeing is believing they say.

That aside, most people dont actually need it that bright except for HDR/DV or HDR Tonemapping. It's been a while since ive bought a new TV - sitll using the A90J and a CX. As i wind down from gaming i find myself going more towards A/V for larger purchases.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Seriously?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm thinking about upgrading from my old ass PC from 2019 with a 9th generation i7 and a GTX1080 Ti to something like

Debating between 4070 Ti, 4070 Ti Super and 4080 Super.

Thoughts?

I'd almost say 7900 XTX - especially if you were considering something under a 4080. I dont use DLSS, RT or any of that so if i was budgeting id get a used 7900XTX for $700.

Guess it depends if youre using either of those features

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'd almost say 7900 XTX - especially if you were considering something under a 4080. I dont use DLSS, RT or any of that so if i was budgeting id get a used 7900XTX for $700.

Guess it depends if youre using either of those features

I agree with Xexx Xexx I have a 7900xtx , the exact model he recommended in fact, and I love it. I do not use the shiny water features, they were always 'coming' to a game about a year after I finished it. You also do not have to deal with that half ass new power connector that may or may not burn your house down.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
8 pipes in new Noctua D15:

Funnily enough, with wood accents coming back into vogue with the Fractal North and such, those fucking brown fans might actually start to look fashionable in a glass/transparent case!

gak

<Gold Donor>
Funnily enough, with wood accents coming back into vogue with the Fractal North and such, those fucking brown fans might actually start to look fashionable in a glass/transparent case!
Ya, wife and I had to move our cases behind our desks to make room, so no one will ever see them until we're dead and buried, in this usage scenario Noctua is unbeatable!

noc.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nv7 thats has dark cherry wood on it would be sweet for the office - Ive wanted to trade down to a red devil but youd be amazed that theyve all but vanished from the selling pool - think all the OG models are on ebay by now.

Last edited: