Destiny

Caliane

Deserves a thread.

2013 E3 sony conferance intro+"live" gameplay.

e3 2013 gameplay trailer.

videos and website are not very clear.
But most sites are calling it an mmo outright.
"public quest" lends to that as well pretty heavily.

Players in that vid each got their own hidden loot from that boss.
3 classes revealed so far.

Bungie. Activison.
http://www.bungie.net/

PS3/ps4, xbone/xbox 360 listed so far.

no pc.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw that last night, it looks amazing.

They refer to it as a "shared world" or "open world" FPS. It's not totally a MMO, but very close. Regardless it sounds impressive.
smile.png

Ubisoft is coming out with one too. Has no title yet, but there is a gameplay video.

I guess "open world" is the new buzzword.
smile.png

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Given this appears to be a space-based mmo-ish fps with raids, PQ's and bosses with loot is it possible that this is why Titan was canned for now, being too similar? I'd assume that once Acti-reps saw both this and where-ever Titan was up to they just said nope, don't want them competing.....assuming Titan was actually a game and not just an MMO framework. I've always figured it was going to be an SC themed game given they wouldn't want to canabalize WoW subs with another fantasy mmo but a SC-themed persistant FPS would let them take on Sony again and capture Blizzard fans that aren't into Warcraft.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bungie is what makes this cool, otherwise it would be just another FPS mmo.

Caliane

I saw that last night, it looks amazing.

They refer to it as a "shared world" or "open world" FPS. It's not totally a MMO, but very close. Regardless it sounds impressive.
smile.png

Ubisoft is coming out with one too. Has no title yet, but there is a gameplay video.

I guess "open world" is the new buzzword.
smile.png
the Division

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Music in the official trailer made me of mass effect the first time playing it. This and The Division look great.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
At one point PC was listed on their website as well, but it's been removed. During an interview, Bungie writer and community relations manager Eric Osborne. said "We haven't said yes, and we haven't said no," he said. "The more platforms we take on, the more work it ultimately becomes, and what we don't want is to compromise the core experience on any platforms. We have a lot of people who play on PCs. We have a lot of appetite to build that experience."

I'm expecting we will see it on PC, and that they just have some PR reasons (BUY A NEW CONSOLE!) for not advertising that fact right now. Looks great, but after 20 years of playing FPS with a mouse, you put a controller in my hand and I feel like an idiot. I'll just wait for it. ^_^

Caliane

yeah. hard to argue with mouse.
But some points on that.
if its primary designed for console. mechanics will be limited to that, and mouse won't really give all that much of an advantage.
also, as a mmo, the fun will likely be where the population. if more people are playing console, the console version might be the more fun one.

spronk

FPS noob
Both xbone and ps4 use AMD X86-64, AMD GPU, and DirectX11 - ps4 has a few extra DX11 commands and xbone uses Windows 8. So porting all the new console games to the PC is going to be trivial, far far far easier than 360/ps3 which used a completely different CPU. Anything that has an online component will almost certainly get ported to the PC eventually since it would take like a week of dev time, but probably no announcement info until a while after the console versions are out.

Other cool thing is that all the Halo's are supposed to get PC releases, since they want to build up a bigger user base for the TV show.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The actual gameplay looked boring as shit. Aim down sight, shoot thing. Fresh and original.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At one point PC was listed on their website as well, but it's been removed.
Sounds like the XBox curse. Halo was a full Mac game (with PC potential), then Microsoft came, and suddenly, Halo was XBox-only.