Detective work

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
MrHolland420 MrHolland420

I think your maps date range is between 1959 and 1963. Upper Volta doesn't become a state until end of 1958, which means 1959 is the earliest it could appear on a map. And the Aden Protectorate ends in 1963

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris Chris can you help my guy out here? It involves borders and is after ww2 so there should be very little changed.
I know you are being sarcastic but the map is difficult to date precisely because not much has changed.

Every screenshot was of name changes and Araysar is dating it by looking at the dates Burkina Faso and Yemen became independent under their old own names.

These are nations that qualify under my "African shithole" exception too, yes Yemen is close enough to Africa.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I know you are being sarcastic but the map is difficult to date precisely because not much has changed.

Its not difficult to date at all because so much in fact has changed. I was able to tell it was from 1959-1963, instead of OP's 1953-1959 guess in less than 10 minutes. Maps from 1945-1970s change massively due to end of colonialism.

If I could see the whole map in detail, I'd be able to get it down to a specific year.

You are dumb, fat and bald.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
These are nations that qualify under my "African shithole" exception too, yes Yemen is close enough to Africa.

Ah yes, your "exception" list.

What was the list again? Basically no country outside of Europe should be counted?

And even then a bunch of European countries changed borders post-1945?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Its not difficult to date at all because so much in fact has changed. I was able to tell it was from 1959-1963, instead of OP's 1953-1959 guess in less than 10 minutes. Maps from 1945-1970s change massively due to end of colonialism.

If I could see the whole map in detail, I'd be able to get it down to a specific year.

You are dumb, fat and bald.
I had a look and take Adal Protectorate out and it could be as late as 1971.

When you say "so much has changed" you mean names and flags, not really borders.

Ah yes, your "exception" list.

What was the list again? Basically no country outside of Europe should be counted?

And even then a bunch of European countries changed borders post-1945?
Aftican shitholes and Communist nations falling apart.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I had a look and take Adal Protectorate out and it could be as late as 1971.

When you say "so much has changed" you mean names and flags, not really borders.

First of all, its "Aden", not "Adal".

Second of all, Aden Protectorate ended in 1963. State of Aden was formed then which was part of South Arabia Federation and it was no longer a UK protectorate

Aftican shitholes and Communist nations falling apart.

Dont lie, Christopher. It wasn't "African shitholes", it was "3rd world shitholes"

Pretty much no borders have changed since then, other than Communist Countries falling apart and the occasional 3rd world shithole being shit.

Meaning that you could exclude any country other than Western Europe or UK and its colonies. But even then you were wrong as India declared independence in 1947, UK lost its Aden protectorate in 1963 as shown by this map and East Pakistan was taken away from Pakistan and turned into Bangladesh.

Just take the L, you fat, balding retard.

Chris

Potato del Grande
First of all, its "Aden", not "Adal".

Second of all, Aden Protectorate ended in 1963. State of Aden was formed then which was part of South Arabia Federation and it was no longer a UK protectorate

Dont lie, Christopher. It wasn't "African shitholes", it was "3rd world shitholes"

Meaning that you could exclude any country other than Western Europe or UK and its colonies. But even then you were wrong as India declared independence in 1947, UK lost its Aden protectorate in 1963 as shown by this map and East Pakistan was taken away from Pakistan and turned into Bangladesh.

Just take the L, you fat, balding retard.
What are you actually complaining about here?

Yeah Yemen is pretty complicated, good thing to date a map by. Even has a border change as two colonies merged!

I wrote a word "Africa" which makes my argument weaker, and you want me to use the original stronger phrase I used last month? OK?

India was never part of the UK, it was ruled by the UK. We already went over this.

The world had an unprecedented era of stability after WW2 compared to what things were like before WW1, get over it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just holding you accountable for the wrong and dumb shit you say here on a regular basis.
It's just autistic nitpicking of things, nobody is writing massive peer reviewed essays to avoid overgeneralisations and I don't see why they have to.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
India was never part of the UK, it was ruled by the UK. We already went over this.

We did????

How is being ruled by UK doesn't make it part of UK other than your typical bullshit semantics like when you claimed that Scotland was a separate country?

Chris

Potato del Grande
We did????

How is being ruled by UK doesn't make it part of UK other than your typical bullshit semantics like when you claimed that Scotland was a separate country?
It said "India" on the map not "UK".

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It said "India" on the map not "UK".

That's because the map is after 1947 you fucking retard. Remember 1947? It's the year that comes 2 years after 1945. It also happens to be the year when India declared it's independence from the British Empire

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I take full responsibility for causing this derail and regret nothing.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's because the map is after 1947 you fucking retard. Remember 1947? It's the year that comes 2 years after 1945. It also happens to be the year when India declared it's independence from the British Empire
MAPS IN GENERAL. NOT THAT SPECIFIC MAP.

You are SO autistic right now.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
There are quite a few changes, I was only interested in the fucking title of the thread. Obviously, it's headed to the rickshaw, but I didn't read a single comment other than the response above. If nobody cares to help then that's fine, I won't take any more pictures of specific areas that are changed.
20200728_220223.jpg

20200728_220233.jpg

20200728_220251.jpg

20200728_220317.jpg

wallpapersden.com_emilia-clarke-sexy-bikini-wallpapers-in-hd_3840x2400.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lmao you referred to this specific map, you retard.
I already explain this to you. Find a map that says "UK" or "Britian" over what is currently India.

There are quite a few changes, I was only interested in the fucking title of the thread. Obviously, it's headed to the rickshaw, but I didn't read a single comment other than the response above. If nobody cares to help then that's fine, I won't take any more pictures of specific areas that are changed.View attachment 417285

View attachment 417287

View attachment 417288

View attachment 417289

View attachment 417291
Is there NO identifying info like a manufacturer on that map?

Araysar narrowed it down to between 1959 and 1963 so I don't know what more you want? Best thing to do is post the map of Africa then we can check it against decolonisation dates and name changes.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
There are quite a few changes, I was only interested in the fucking title of the thread. Obviously, it's headed to the rickshaw, but I didn't read a single comment other than the response above. If nobody cares to help then that's fine, I won't take any more pictures of specific areas that are changed.View attachment 417285

View attachment 417287

View attachment 417288

View attachment 417289

View attachment 417291

Husband’s into this sort of shit, so I’ll ask him to check it when he gets home to see if he can help (though I guess he’s more versed specifically in US borders as they evolved).

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I already explain this to you. Find a map that says "UK" or "Britian" over what is currently India.
I could literally show you a map that says "British India" and you'd still be playing semantics games

1. It was controlled by Britain
2. It was governed by Britain
3. It had "British" in its name
4. Here's the British India flag

1655312965527.png

So how was India not part of the British Empire?

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I could literally show you a map that says "British India" and you'd still be playing semantics games

1. It was controlled by Britain
2. It was governed by Britain
3. It had "British" in its name
4. Here's the British India flag

View attachment 417297

So how was India not part of the British Empire?
Didn't say British Empire.

So why would maps say "British India" and not "Britain"?