Devil May Cry 5

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Now feels like a good time for this.

Ya got Nero with a robot arm, an older Dante snuck in at the end, and some glimpses of some nice-looking gameplay. Enjoy.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
heh wrong q.Q just cause it was revealed during MS E3 presser doesn't mean it's xbxbxbxbxbxbx only.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fuck Microsoft trailers.

Thanks! I am now excite!

Might play through the old DMC collection this week.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Love that they did a mix of DMC and DmC plus its on the RE7 engine which still amazes me how well it can look.
1528669319491.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
every time i rewatch the trailer i get a chub

omg im so hype for it now, 2019 hurry up pls

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am beyond hype for this game. I played the shit out of DMC3 and DMC4:SE. Combat in this game is incomparable.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Steam launches tomorrow night, my dicc is ready

Europe/Asia/APAC Regions:
・Mar. 7th 4:00pm PST
・Mar. 7th 7:00pm EST
・Mar. 8th UTC (+0) 0:00am, midnight London
・Mar. 8th 8:00am HKT / China
・Mar. 8th 9:00am JST
・Mar. 8th 11:00am Australia (UTC +11)

North/South/Latin Americas:
Mar. 7th 9:00pm PST
・Mar. 8th 0:00am (midnight) EST
・Mar. 8th UTC (+0), London 5:00am
・Mar. 8th 1:00pm HKT / China
・Mar. 8th 2:00pm JST
・Mar. 8th 4:00pm Australia (UTC +11)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I'm in the minority who preferred DmC to any of the previous games, but this still sounds great. No idea when the hell I'll have time to play it though.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No one playing this? So far it's pretty great. Getting 4k 60fps in gameplay with my Vega 56 too. Guess there are some Denuvo shenanigans going on as well.

Some dude on steam made a guide to bypass it, apparently Capcom has the clean exe on steam.

Steam Community :: Guide :: How to play Devil May Cry 5 without Denuvo

Haven't tried it myself yet. I do get drops into the high 40s, low 50s during cut scenes but its not noticeable to my eyes. Going to try this denuvo workaround and retest.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Been benchmarking the first mission, all combat I'm locked at 4k@60fps and getting like between 60-90 gpu utilization but as soon as it switches to a cut scene it'll max the gpu utilization and I'll get drops into the high 40s/low 50s.

I'm gonna guess this is because they're only using subsurface scattering and SSR during cut scenes as you can only set it to variable or off.

HDR looks great in this game, same with RE2, quite noticeable right away.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Loading it up, my body is ready.

Apparently the Plat is 10/10 difficulty lol. Have to finish the game on 6th tier of difficulty without getting hit and they removed the in chapter checkpoints.

• 1Like

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
This game is fantastic. I've played the whole series, and I'll put this one as a close 2nd favorite behind dmc3.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Have the flu this week so picked this up and it is really fun. If you’re a fan of DMC should be right up your alley. It was a little difficult to play with 103.2 degree fever, but once that dropped down I got in the groove.

Audio, graphics, gameplay are all awesome. My only complaint so far is that the set pieces for big boss fights are very cool, but everything in between seems very bland. It isn’t something that really stood out (that I can remember over so damn long a period), but here it seems apparent. Dunno.

Looking forward to wrapping it up and doing all the additions stuff. Also wtb another Bayonetta.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watching some streams of this. This game is batshit insane. Dual wielding motorcycles as weapons, cowboy Michael Jackson dancing, gunsmith girl Nicoletta with a Southern accent and whore tattoos. Time jumping and a magical scooby doo van.

I honestly have no idea what's going on but it sure is pretty and the combos are insanely awesome. Especially when done by these fighting game streamers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh it is pure over the top absurdity. And accessible enough that you still feel like you’re having fun and can hit that S ranking without pushing it too much. With metal rocking out in the background and demons exploding while you shoot your rocket arm and ride it around like a surfboard. But the skill ceiling is hugely high. Some of the possibilities in all the other games were retarded if you were some godlike gamer.

I forgot to mention the absolute worst part of this game is having to stare at fucking Adam Driver’s god damn face for half of the fucking thing. Yes, yes, I know. Apparently he “wasn’t” modeled after him, but uhhh, sure. It is still Kylo Ren, and he acts every bit as soy.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is hilarious going through the motions as Nero or V and then once you get to Dante realizing just how God Mode he is. So many weapons, stances, switching on the fly. I really just wanna play the whole thing as him. It makes sense what they were going for but it is just so apparent they’re more comfortable with the fighting around Dante vs the others. After so many games the depth is there for him and just not on the same level for them. I’m also just bad with them lol so that might have to do with it!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this while waiting for Sekiro feels great having the original WTF moments of DMC(Dante Jackson rofl)