Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Not with ARPG's. It's always been about the loot.
Well then yeah I can see how the AH would be detrimental to stringing out players till their next fix.

*scratches inner elbow* Anyone got any loot, man.
wink.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well regardless, I know it isn't TOO much but with them adding in a ladder system it makes me want to play more that's for sure. I wonder if they'll reward the top of the ladders?

Or if they take the league ideas from Path of Exile and put it in Diablo that would be pretty rad. Gives more of a reason to play if you're into competing and/or getting special items or titles or whatever the fuck you want.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You were "FORCED" to trade in D2 (if you really wanted to be optimal, yes).

Having everything up in the sale window made it easier for casuals to have something to cry about.

Most of the shit that dropped in D2 was trash too.

Also aside from primary/secondary stat and resource regen gain for your paragon points, they should have AA's you can buy for X points like EQ style. Just sayin'. Maybe unlock more trait slots?

Disp_sl

shitlord
You were "FORCED" to trade in D2 (if you really wanted to be optimal, yes).

Having everything up in the sale window made it easier for casuals to have something to cry about.

Most of the shit that dropped in D2 was trash too.
So you were forced to trade to get the absolute best gear with the best rolls in each slot? Well no shit. A perfect rolled item was worth 50x more than the same one with 5% worse stats though. In D2 I never traded outside of friends that I played with and we never had an issue gearing ourselves well beyond what it took to kill the ubers and farm very efficiently.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I would love to see this character you made without trading in open channels that destroyed ubers :p

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think i've ever found a perfect item back in the entirety of playing D2... the closest i got was a Shako with just under-perfect defense, and pre expansion i got a near perfect arkaine's valor lol

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I grinded my brains out on D2 ladder up to 93 and another ladder to 96 and if I didn't spend so much time in trade I would have been a gimp like all the other people I saw in games tbh... and that was the other lvl 90+'s. It was a LOT of time trading and almost everyone trying to trade up on you.

Not to mention trying to trade for obscure shit I needed like a claw with 3 open sockets and +3 venom (let alone other stats on it), because no one held onto it. That shit was a bitch to farm. In the time I'll have spent getting to paragon 100 in D3 now, I doubt I could have found one of the pieces of gear I wore by virtue of a single drop in D2.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wish the RMAH still kept going because I just made 7$ off of nothing but Tomes of Secrets. What fucking idiot is buying a Tome of Secrets on the RMAH? They take like 32 seconds to farm omg.

I'm going to see if I can fill my account before it's taken down so I can essentially get the xpac for free thanks to turds with credit cards.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not to mention the RMAH takes money out of the hands out of the would be hackers/scammers.

We'll see what happens in RoS, maybe they get it right.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Not to mention the RMAH takes money out of the hands out of the would be hackers/scammers.

We'll see what happens in RoS, maybe they get it right.
Yeah I mean at least if you're gonna do that, do it from a legit business. Though I never got screwed by the gold farmers I went with in vanilla wow.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
As a complete derail from the economy discussion, was this story really written by a group of adults?

Holy shit, I wanted to cry when I realized I was just about to fight Diablo and that the story was basically, "You got me this time, but not the next time!" literally fucking over and over. The source material is fucking ancient and has potential to be dramatic as fuck and at least a bit entertainting and that's what they come up with? Holy shit.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As a complete derail from the economy discussion, was this story really written by a group of adults?

Holy shit, I wanted to cry when I realized I was just about to fight Diablo and that the story was basically, "You got me this time, but not the next time!" literally fucking over and over. The source material is fucking ancient and has potential to be dramatic as fuck and at least a bit entertainting and that's what they come up with? Holy shit.
The "story" was probably one of the most awful parts about the game. Watching Cain, a wizard whose survived two hell invasions, die to a giant fucking sparkly fairy felt like Blizzard was actively trolling me.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's like jerking off a corpse
While I laughed at the comment, I was a bit disturbed at the fact that you knew this...

It would not surprise me at all if Blizzard changes their mind right before the expansion releases. The fact that they chose to announce this change 6 months in advance makes me wonder if they are fishing for responses prior to actually doing it. It certainly gives them a lot of time to gauge the numbers and adjust accordingly.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Now if they'd just make all bosses be up on a new game, and allow you to teleport across acts, and completely remove the need to pick your starting quest (as every game just starts up where you left off.) No more redoing quests or clicking through dialog unless you join someone's game that hasn't completed it yet. No selecting anything - just jump in game, all the waypoints you've unlocked are open, everything is alive, and the only quests are ones that you haven't already finished. You know, like the other Diablo games.