Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't seem to find a single decent 2h weap for monk now. Before 2.0 there were a few options but.. all the 1hs have superior damage/speed and generally only a tiny bit less stats. That's just one weapon. There's almost no reason not to dual wield as a monk. Not that I don't mind, I'd just like to try out some big burst builds for shits.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fleet footed has always gone over cap.

Hate 2H weapons on melee character. Well, any character. Kills your reaction time because you're stuck doing animations, some of which are slower than you'd expect. The stat budget does seem a bit off 2H vs DW. Would really like to make 2H work because just about every skill I use is better on a slower weapon with the exception of spirit generation, which guardian's path would somewhat fix anyway.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ok I remembered wrong then, or maybe I never tested with 2 speed items which is quite possible since I never had a geared monk.

On 2H yeah don't know, I got 3(!) legendary 2H weapons, and they're all 1200-1300DPS. Don't see much of a point since you don't get the 15%speed from dualwielding and yeah animation locks and shit. Also in case someone was wondering, the bovine polearm that summons cows has an internal cooldown of like 1minute, so it's pretty shit imo. Other 2 weapons I have don't have anything special, 2H swords with like literally nothing unique other than one looking badass as fuck.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fuck, after playing for like 6 hours straight, I think I'm buying the expansion. I'll see if I can hold off for like a week in case some disasters pop up, but the base game feels very solid and playable right now.

Myst

Peasant
Time to go bath in lasers
Lol got the same amulet on my DH. I tanked two elites and a swarm of mobs on Torment 4 (which i can't do yet), while standing in Arcane lasers. But it won't work well if the elite has a displacement ability. Found one with hook/arcane and it was impossible staying in them for the heal.

Myst

Peasant
Do we need a Mumble server for D3? The FFXIV server is still up and barely being used. Max of 100 users.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Before 2.0, the stat details were inconsistent about showing movement speed increases. I think previously, all boosts that went over the cap weren't displayed. This is why the undocumented 25% from base Tempest Rush(why u remove blizz?) was not well known and had to be specifically tested. And why people think TR - TW sucks now. 25% feels so much more slower than 50%. TR is unsustainable while DWing too, so that's disappointing. It's honestly a garbage skill now. I don't think anyone is going to use it to kill stuff because it's the most boring spirit spender, and that's saying something since bells have a 75% animation speed penalty. And you can't really use it for getting around due to the high cost.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Barbarian just feels pretty awful all over right now. You can force it with enough gear and +crit damage, but every build is clunky, fury starved, and slow. Boulder throw is good for a laugh, but isn't exactly effective. Hammer of the ancients is about the closest thing to effective there is, but even that is pretty slow going as you have to devote most of the rest of your skills to fury gen, and even then you run out multiple times clearing an elite pack on anything more than torment 1.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Yep I feel the same way about Barb and I didn't even use the OP WW build. Its not even fun currently.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Barb was more fun at 70. The beta build I used was Boulder Toss along with Avalanche - Tectonic Rift (3 charges of Avalanche) and Earthen Might passive (Gain 30 Fury when activating Avalanche/Earthquake. The Three Hundredth Spear legendary amps it even further.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Barbarian just feels pretty awful all over right now. You can force it with enough gear and +crit damage, but every build is clunky, fury starved, and slow. Boulder throw is good for a laugh, but isn't exactly effective. Hammer of the ancients is about the closest thing to effective there is, but even that is pretty slow going as you have to devote most of the rest of your skills to fury gen, and even then you run out multiple times clearing an elite pack on anything more than torment 1.
Fury Starved? I made a whirlwind build that still sort of works, with no fury generator, so you maybe want to try some other runes/passives :p

Ganthrim - Community - Diablo III

Without a mighty weapon, either. I thought I had one but apparently I'm dumb.

Needless

Toe Sucker
A friend got this and yes, the proc is 100%.

This thing is amazing. I refuse to take mine off even though it has no crit or any actual good stats

I did almost kill myself though since i forgot enemies were going to spawn on top of me which locked me in a corner I couldnt get out of haha

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This thing is amazing. I refuse to take mine off even though it has no crit or any actual good stats
I have the same bracer, but it's a big downgrade. I don't actually wear it, but I keep it in my bags. When I find a shrine, equip it, click shrine, equip my good bracer, proceed to kill elite pack, profit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fury Starved? I made a whirlwind build that still sort of works, with no fury generator, so you maybe want to try some other runes/passives :p

Ganthrim - Community - Diablo III

Without a mighty weapon, either. I thought I had one but apparently I'm dumb.
Can't see your build(anyone else having trouble with battle.net's website today?), but WW is still subpar. I *thought* hurricane was fun, but after I experienced the improved cyclone strike, it's just utter shit. Even by itself, hurricane is just dumb. It pulls in mobs one by one so you spend all this fury at the end just WWing down a few guys. You could devote a couple abilities to monster clumping, but those all have cooldowns which puts a limit on how fast you can kill. They honestly should have done something similar to leap like they did with dashing strike. A charge structure or something. As it is now, the barb just isn't that fun to play. His best fury spender is a dot. Ugh.

And nobody likes using resource builders, especially on a barb. They all pale compared to the spenders. Other class's builders are balanced much better. Crippling wave might not do a lot of damage, but it builds a ton of spirit and spits out a lot of nados. I kill just as fast continually sucking in mobs and hitting crippling wave as I do just sucking in monsters once and then using lashing tail kick. The bonus is most fights I end near full spirit. The barb desparately needs something similar.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Haven't been able to log in this fucking game in over 16 hours now. Apparently upstate NY + TWC = bad for any blizzard products this week end.

Fuck.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't see your build(anyone else having trouble with battle.net's website today?), but WW is still subpar. I *thought* hurricane was fun, but after I experienced the improved cyclone strike, it's just utter shit. Even by itself, hurricane is just dumb. It pulls in mobs one by one so you spend all this fury at the end just WWing down a few guys. You could devote a couple abilities to monster clumping, but those all have cooldowns which puts a limit on how fast you can kill. They honestly should have done something similar to leap like they did with dashing strike. A charge structure or something. As it is now, the barb just isn't that fun to play. His best fury spender is a dot. Ugh.

And nobody likes using resource builders, especially on a barb. They all pale compared to the spenders. Other class's builders are balanced much better. Crippling wave might not do a lot of damage, but it builds a ton of spirit and spits out a lot of nados. I kill just as fast continually sucking in mobs and hitting crippling wave as I do just sucking in monsters once and then using lashing tail kick. The bonus is most fights I end near full spirit. The barb desparately needs something similar.
lots of ww barbs bro again