Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought Skeleton King was bugged and always gave one Legendary no matter what level (when resetting quests)?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's been multiple times I've gone 89-90 minutes exactly between legendaries, then other times when I get three in 10 minutes. I've gotten two items as a wizard that came with dex and no int though.

I can confirm that I picked up a legendary shield, dropped it and let someone else in my group ID it with non-wizard stats.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's been multiple times I've gone 89-90 minutes exactly between legendaries, then other times when I get three in 10 minutes. I've gotten two items as a wizard that came with dex and no int though.

I can confirm that I picked up a legendary shield, dropped it and let someone else in my group ID it with non-wizard stats.
Stats always got calculated upon identification so that isn't too unusual

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Because of running efficient routes. Doing story mode is not running efficient routes so they need to add some incentive to keep the legendary:hour ratio in check.
Story mode doesn't really need to be boosted though, it's just that, story mode. Remember that in RoS you have adventure mode to farm anyway, so there's no real need to make story mode anything different than just having the cutscenes and the quests and all that shit. It's meant to be done once(or more if you want to see the various characters voice acting) and then you farm your shit in adventure mode.

Tenks

Story mode doesn't really need to be boosted though, it's just that, story mode. Remember that in RoS you have adventure mode to farm anyway, so there's no real need to make story mode anything different than just having the cutscenes and the quests and all that shit. It's meant to be done once(or more if you want to see the various characters voice acting) and then you farm your shit in adventure mode.
Admittedly I don't know much about adventure mode. But I wouldn't mind being able to just play though the story as a viable option for farming.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The guaranteed legendary drops are only for levels 1-59 so there is virtually no reason for a max level to reset quests unless you really want to play through the story again.
Yeeep, so now I'm going to try and speedrun through the storymode. Might even do it on normal and just bulldoze it.

Tenks

Yeeep, so now I'm going to try and speedrun through the storymode. Might even do it on normal and just bulldoze it.
Unless your gear is really bad may as well just do it on Torment 1. The majority of the time will be spent just running from point to point. Isn't like the maps get smaller on normal.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Stats always got calculated upon identification so that isn't too unusual
In D3 they are calculated on drop, not on ID like D2 was. Some items always roll a certain primary stat (such as class specific items), I tested this a couple of times just to be certain. The stats always ended up what they were on the dropped character.

Some Googling around confirmed this roll procedure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unless your gear is really bad may as well just do it on Torment 1. The majority of the time will be spent just running from point to point. Isn't like the maps get smaller on normal.
Well you can one shot rare packs while running, which gives a good chance for legendaries, if your gear is shit. If your gear is good you can do that on torment 1 so yeah.

And Tenks it's hard to balance, I guess they won't want to incentive it too much cause otherwise the best way to farm will be a DH with tumble preparation shuriken cloud(to break shit) or monk with tempest rush or barb etc just speed running without killing anything but bosses, which is pretty dumb. You can run story and you should eventually be rewarded by one guaranteed legendary for doing so(but apparently they didn't patch that in this patch so right now it's useless) or you can just adventure mode and go farm whatever you feel like/do bounties/do rifts.

Tenks

And yet we keep going back and forth on this matter, blue please respond. Blue? BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Actually I believe I was incorrect. I forgot there was that thing a while ago where people would get a bunch of un-ID'd legendaries then copy over to PTR and unwrap them. They'd sell the un-ID'd ones in that state then just ID and auction the good ones.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Admittedly I don't know much about adventure mode. But I wouldn't mind being able to just play though the story as a viable option for farming.
It's going to be like D2/MH. You can just warp to wherever and bosses and stuff will be alive.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The explanation for difficulty level does say that higher levels of torment have higher chance of legendaries dropping.

As you WILL want xp as well as legendaries, I *highly* recommend that one play the highest level of torment that you can while still rapidly killing stuff (and completing quests). One group I was with favored running keeps act 3 at torment 5. The xp was *amazing*, and we got legendaries while doing it (about 90 minutes of play, multiple drops).