Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking for suggestions on how to proceed with my monk:Nyrkki - Community - Diablo III

Just hit 60 last night and threw together a set from stuff I had laying around. I had no choice but to use the Skorn for now. My main question is how much dps will be needed for 1H weapons to beat it? I have a 1167dps Fleshrake with like 300 dex but no socket, and nothing else to go with it. I don't know much about how monks work, as far as IAS needs, how gimped 2H is compared to 1H, etc.

So far Torment 1 is doable but a bit slow solo, doable and fine with a WD friend who also just hit 60.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just leveled a wizard to 60 after not playing since maybe 2 or 3 months after the game was first released. I'm really enjoying all the new changes. My question: where is the best place to farm to get some better gear? I can hold my own on Torment I, but I'm pumping out just under 49k damage so I have to work for it a bit. Do people still value resist gear like back in the day?

And as far as paragon points go, are there any particular things I need to be dumping points in to in order to be successful on Torment?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Pre-patch my character was based on the old game where resist all was king, so I had like 900 resist all and ~20k health. Post-patch I'm now ~130k health with much less resist all, and I survive better than before, so with almost every 2.0 loot piece having 200-400 vitality, you can mostly ignore resist. I do put all my paragon defense points into the +resist though, which helps some.

The way I spend my paragon points per tab is:
Move speed, or main stat if I have move speed cap from gear already. Does paragon go over the cap? Not sure.
Resist all
Crit chance
Life on hit

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I just leveled a wizard to 60 after not playing since maybe 2 or 3 months after the game was first released. I'm really enjoying all the new changes. My question: where is the best place to farm to get some better gear? I can hold my own on Torment I, but I'm pumping out just under 49k damage so I have to work for it a bit. Do people still value resist gear like back in the day?

And as far as paragon points go, are there any particular things I need to be dumping points in to in order to be successful on Torment?
Pray for a legendary weapon, easiest way to get upgrade, resetting quests and playing through T1 isn't half bad, or you can try your luck farming arreat crater, but that bores me to death.

Moebiwan

shitlord
Looking for suggestions on how to proceed with my monk:Nyrkki - Community - Diablo III

Just hit 60 last night and threw together a set from stuff I had laying around. I had no choice but to use the Skorn for now. My main question is how much dps will be needed for 1H weapons to beat it? I have a 1167dps Fleshrake with like 300 dex but no socket, and nothing else to go with it. I don't know much about how monks work, as far as IAS needs, how gimped 2H is compared to 1H, etc.

So far Torment 1 is doable but a bit slow solo, doable and fine with a WD friend who also just hit 60.
I ran with socketed Shenlong's set for a long time which worked well but since the patch I've gotten a few really useful drops (see profile below: mainhand, belt, helm) that changed the game for me. I've never used Dashing Strike myself (and since I use Cyclone Strike as my usual opener I dont see much of a need for it) so you might consider swapping that out for something that affects enemies you've CS'd.
As far as IAS and 2h v 1h, I get Breath of Heaven crits for 2m, Crippling Wave for 600k+, and Mantra of Retribution can crit for ~150k so I dont see any benefit to using 2h over 1h, especially considering the IAS, stats, and possible increased utility of using two 1h weapons (more crits more often is my preference as opposed to just seeing big numbers). But if you can get your attacks per second to 2.0+, you'll be doing fine imo. I usually run T3 but can do T4 without too many problems.

Rauth - Community - Diablo III- my profile shows paragon 19 for some reason but I'm 63

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So with the new level cap, is it essentially a gear reset? I've considered getting back in but don't want to fuck with gear a whole lot until I hit the new cap :p

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have the best 1 hander in the game and you rolled a socket with it. I would be very happy to get that legendary for my monk. Also, item level 31 for the Thunderfury?? I would not even care about the dex and I would still use that with any character I leveled. My crafting has been pretty descent though. I crafted a shoulder piece that had all 4 of the primary stats on it. Dex, Vit, AR and armor with gold pickup. I also crafted some that had the 14% chance for an area spell, but it did not impress me all that much over just having the 4 primaries.

I am finding the interesting legendaries like the puzzle ring and the extra damage opening a chest belt. Tried the puzzle ring but I loose a lot of stat doing it and it was ok.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So with the new level cap, is it essentially a gear reset? I've considered getting back in but don't want to fuck with gear a whole lot until I hit the new cap :p
Yes it is a gear reset because 70th gear will be more powerful than 60th. You can jump in and actually do pretty well just crafting everything you need.

Moebiwan

shitlord
You have the best 1 hander in the game and you rolled a socket with it. I would be very happy to get that legendary for my monk. Also, item level 31 for the Thunderfury?? I would not even care about the dex and I would still use that with any character I leveled. My crafting has been pretty descent though. I crafted a shoulder piece that had all 4 of the primary stats on it. Dex, Vit, AR and armor with gold pickup. I also crafted some that had the 14% chance for an area spell, but it did not impress me all that much over just having the 4 primaries.

I am finding the interesting legendaries like the puzzle ring and the extra damage opening a chest belt. Tried the puzzle ring but I loose a lot of stat doing it and it was ok.
I think the D3 armory is borked right now. I didnt even notice that the Thunderfury was listed as level 31 required but yes, the weapon is a game-changer, or at least has been for me. I just got lucky.
My helm is pretty stellar as well, It seems to proc non-stop, but the belt is what really kicks ass. It procs quite a wide blind/slow field that gives you free reign over anything in it for 3 seconds which is plenty of time to cs, breath of heaven, and seven-sided strike anything to death (which is great when blinding flash is on cool-down).
I agree with you on the interesting drops. I've seen some really neat shit drop that could have a ton of utility.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Technically don't need even crafted gear for RoS stuff, you just go in normal mode if your gear is like release inferno level like my US DH(logged in to check lag yesterday, which was awful, hilarious stats, I have 23k damage and 17k toughness, funny I managed to kill diablo inferno prenerf with that shit, good ole smokescreen). You basically do the first area in normal, any single rare that'll drop will be an upgrade, you'll be geared in minutes, then you can bump it to hard or expert depending on your tastes and that's it really, you're pretty much caught up. By the time you reach 70 most of the 60 gear will be worse than shitty rares anyway, because of the insane main stat scaling. Level 70 rares have like 600main stats and shit, so even if they don't roll crit/attackspeed they'll generally still be better than good 60 gear, with exception for the truly great gear but even that will be replaced by any legendary that drops for that slot.

On the armory they show the original level req/item level on legendaries, they haven't updated the fact they now scale with your level. My char has a bunch of shit shown as lvl 15 but it shows the correct stats. And yeah that belt is pretty good.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Technically don't need even crafted gear for RoS stuff, you just go in normal mode if your gear is like release inferno level like my US DH(logged in to check lag yesterday, which was awful, hilarious stats, I have 23k damage and 17k toughness, funny I managed to kill diablo inferno prenerf with that shit, good ole smokescreen). You basically do the first area in normal, any single rare that'll drop will be an upgrade, you'll be geared in minutes, then you can bump it to hard or expert depending on your tastes and that's it really, you're pretty much caught up. By the time you reach 70 most of the 60 gear will be worse than shitty rares anyway, because of the insane main stat scaling. Level 70 rares have like 600main stats and shit, so even if they don't roll crit/attackspeed they'll generally still be better than good 60 gear, with exception for the truly great gear but even that will be replaced by any legendary that drops for that slot.

On the armory they show the original level req/item level on legendaries, they haven't updated the fact they now scale with your level. My char has a bunch of shit shown as lvl 15 but it shows the correct stats. And yeah that belt is pretty good.
This is good to hear. Think I'll play around a bit and try to regear my barb for 60. Nothing impressive, maybe a fancy skorn :p

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I've taken a new spin on running Crypt of the Ancients because I found the supersonic rend and run build mind numbing. I'm still getting decent XP but also have much, much better shots at loot.

Same deal as always, get the checkpoint. I moved over to a survivability build instead of a damage build. I crank up the Torment level. For my gear it seems Torment 5 is the maximum but I feel Torment 4 is a bit more effecient. It is too easy to just get cornered and gang raped by arcane sentries. Basically I just find the elite in the level and go after him. Everything will naturally clump up where you are at so while working down the elite I'll kill off all the trash with Overpower/Revenge. An important note is that you really need a pair of Nemesis Bracers to really get the most out of this run. I'd say there is a 50/50 shot of a shrine appearing inside the crypt. Without the bracers you are losing out on the number of elites you can get in the given time window. I wasn't really clocking my XP/hr but I went from 85 to 91 rather quickly. Probably in a few hours. I run Superstition if I'm on Torment 5 but swap it out for Ruthlessness on Torment 4.

March - Community - Diablo III

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I'm in the process of waiting for Blizzard to remove my old authenticatior off my account so I can put a new one on there and give this "new and improved" Diablo a shot. Hope it ends up being worth the time!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Get in the habit of hitting tab and checking the map for any stars signifying missed legendaries. The people who go 2-3+ hours without seeing a drop most like had a leg show up offscreen due to follower or stray projectile kills and totally missed it.

Also if you're checking the item database and seeing legendaries at level 31 or whatever realize that everything scales now. Level 31 means that is the earliest you will see that item drop for you, but past that the items will match your current level. Also means that every leg you're getting now will also exist at 70 so you're basically getting a preview of all of the bonuses you want.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
The significantly useful gear will be hellfire rings if you don't have them. The various "immune to arcane/poison" damage legendaries which will be pretty amazing until you find the lvl 70 equivalents. And any previous gear that they have changed that provides bonuses you may not find at 70. For instance the original chantodos weapon set has ap on crit mods, while the new set doesn't (chantodos will likely be replaced no matter what for dmg, but just an example).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll probably keep my nemesis bracers until I find 70 nemesis bracers, it just adds a fuckton of loot since shrines are fairly common, and the movespeed isn't too bad of a stat on them either since it means you can put more paragon point in main stat instead, that's +100main stat for it, so overall fairly happy with them.

I wish they reworked the damage display to be more detailed though, currently my DPS barely moved since yesterday for example even though my DPS close to doubled on elites due to SoJ ring, having a cluster arrow helm and quiver and getting a proc weapon. Found a quiver which makes Bola explode instantly too, that shit's pretty good, too bad Bolas don't have a +hatred rune so I don't really use it but with the Impending Doom rune that's a 216% builder with a 160% aoe and since it's instant it doesn't have the annoying bola mechanic.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably keep my nemesis bracers until I find 70 nemesis bracers, it just adds a fuckton of loot since shrines are fairly common, and the movespeed isn't too bad of a stat on them either since it means you can put more paragon point in main stat instead, that's +100main stat for it, so overall fairly happy with them.

I wish they reworked the damage display to be more detailed though, currently my DPS barely moved since yesterday for example even though my DPS close to doubled on elites due to SoJ ring, having a cluster arrow helm and quiver and getting a proc weapon. Found a quiver which makes Bola explode instantly too, that shit's pretty good, too bad Bolas don't have a +hatred rune so I don't really use it but with the Impending Doom rune that's a 216% builder with a 160% aoe and since it's instant it doesn't have the annoying bola mechanic.
They should do what PoE does - display damage breakdown for each skill, it's pretty annoying trying to figure out what the real values of your skills are.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I'm sure this is just a coincidence, but if anyone still needs any of the dropped rare crafting plans (Archon Spaulders of X, Archon Gloves, Razorspikes, etc.) I've been farming Act 3 this morning and got 3 of them, all ones that I needed (I got many duplicates on console, not sure if that's part of this Loot 2.0) from Treasure Goblins in the side dungeons.