Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Dicking around and tweaking/inventing new builds is really fun for me. I know some people just follow streamer's word like gospel but every time I tune in they're just doing weird shit in T6 that doesn't even look fun. Like wizards kiting infinitely or Barbs just triple quaking then running around until leap gets off cooldown. I was running my fury spender-less build last night to test it out compared to my traditional HOTA build and it actually works fairly well. I haven't even heard a single barb bring up Berserker's Rage as a possible idea. To me it makes sense especially with the EQ set. Free 25% damage for just leapquaking. For me it makes my SoH bolts hit like a freight train.

I've actually tried that a couple days ago. Good amount of cooldown red, frenzy, leap quakes and berseker rage. I also love to use Maximus over the cookie cutter + fire or + fire + elite damage dual wielders (still don't have a sunkeeper yet). That chain fucking hurts and you can really fuck shit up while you're waiting for leap to get off cooldown.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The chain does really good damage but I don't think it does enough to make up for -15% fire and -130% CHD. Plus it isn't reliable depending on what the demon feels like doing at any given time. Reason I'm getting away from IK4 is the COTA dudes just stand around playing with their dicks half the time.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The chain does really good damage but I don't think it does enough to make up for -15% fire and-130% CHD. Plus it isn't reliable depending on what the demon feels like doing at any given time. Reason I'm getting away from IK4 is the COTA dudes just stand around playing with their dicks half the time.
Neeeeerrrfff weapon gems. Solved.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The chain does really good damage but I don't think it does enough to make up for -15% fire and -130% CHD. Plus it isn't reliable depending on what the demon feels like doing at any given time. Reason I'm getting away from IK4 is the COTA dudes just stand around playing with their dicks half the time.
I'm not sure. 8 ish million a pop crit and seems to be hitting really fast. I usually have zero problem getting it to mow down packs, the demon is more cooperative than the ancients or this fucking dumb shit gargantuan.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Neeeeerrrfff weapon gems. Solved.
Or make every weapon drop with a socket. 1 handers 1 socket and 2 hander 2 sockets. Make each gem an elemental damage attack. Ruby for fire, emerald for poison, Topaz for holy, diamond holy ect. Make use of all the gems we currently have.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Also make 2 handers viable for more than the crusader class. Those fuckers stole our titan's grip ability!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Or make every weapon drop with a socket. 1 handers 1 socket and 2 hander 2 sockets. Make each gem an elemental damage attack. Ruby for fire, emerald for poison, Topaz for holy, diamond holy ect. Make use of all the gems we currently have.
That would be so much fucking better than the current broken mandatory CHD implementation.

Tenks

I was really hoping Barbs would get a passive to DW 2H's in the xpac. Nothing was more bad ass in D2 than rolling around with 2 gigantic weapons. Like the passive lets you DW 2H but removes the IAS bonus from DW'ing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I somewhat disagree. If you play the game to try new gear and builds but the gear isn't dropping for you, botting might solve that.

Join the RIF community. If you want to leech, sit in the channel and wait for someone to advertise that a rift guardian is up, blah blah blah opens the next one. Request invite, join, kill guardian, and if you fit the blah blah blah criteria, you have to open the next rift. Leave game, repeat.

If you're a runner, you open the first rift yourself, clear to guardian, then advertise in channel that you have one up, X spots open, blah blah blah opens next.

That's it.
It isn't really abusing anything. It is just like in clan chat where people advertise guardians open but then with a pay-it-forward sceme where you open the next portal for the runner. The determination for who opens varies on the runner but it is generally either: first in, last in, highest paragon level, lowest paragon level. It is basically a win/win. I'd do it but I generally turn my brain off during rifts and forget to advertise my guardians until they're already dead.
Why not just run a rift with 3 other people and try to speed clear them on t1? You can alternate who opens.

Do the rift guardians spawn faster for single players?

Tenks

Why not just run a rift with 3 other people and try to speed clear them on t1? You can alternate who opens.

Do the rift guardians spawn faster for single players?
For the leechers you get more rift guardians doing RIF than 4 man splits. Even with split farming T1 you generally have to do a couple of floors unless you get a really dense rift floor.

AFAIK guardians spawn at the same rate. Last I heard it was like 400 mobs killed to spawn the guardian.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It isn't really abusing anything. It is just like in clan chat where people advertise guardians open but then with a pay-it-forward sceme where you open the next portal for the runner. The determination for who opens varies on the runner but it is generally either: first in, last in, highest paragon level, lowest paragon level. It is basically a win/win. I'd do it but I generally turn my brain off during rifts and forget to advertise my guardians until they're already dead.
Yeah, I see no abuse here at all. I'm clearing rifts solo everyday and right before the boss I ask if 3 people in clan want to jump in to take advantage of the free shards. I hadn't heard of the RIF community until yesterday and I haven't been asking guildies to open me a new portal, but that isn't a bad idea as I'm running low on keys.

Tenks

Yeah I wish the guild would form our own mini-RIF community. I don't really feel like dealing with many people. It would be nice if you hop in to leech a guardian if we had a system where someone had to pay to open the next rift for the runner. I love running rifts and pretty much hate bounties so it would be perfect for me. If the person refuses to open it or leaves before the next rift is open keep track of that and if done enough boot them from the clan. But we'd need the leader/officers to all agree this is the new system and not just some implied thing amoung a few members.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm definitely down for RIFing. If can get a Guardian kill I have no issues opening a portal for inviting me. I'll open them all day and still come out on top with a shit load of shards to give to my ho. It's still a win win situation. It costs you 5 shards to open portal but you get an average of 40 to 50 per Guardian kill which takes less than 30 seconds. It's all profit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I used the term 'abuse' in the sense that they, Blizzard, obviously did not intend for the rift system to be used this way. Not in the sense of "you shouldn't be doing this" or "you're going to get banned for this".

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I cant see a situation where I dont have surplus rift keys tbh, Igetting well-rolled RoRGs is creating surplus of those.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fire better than holy on a crusader? Even with substantial +fire%, shattering throw will outperform combust. Not sure what other spender you're using. Fire hammer? Kinda bad.
This is only true because combust is still bugged with Jekangbord. Once that gets fixed, the DOT damage on fire sweep gets fixed, I think fire is going to shred holy. An extra 50% fire damage over holy is huge, plus I'm betting that a few of the bombardment runes get changed to fire.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is only true because combust is still bugged with Jekangbord. Once that gets fixed, the DOT damage on fire sweep gets fixed, I think fire is going to shred holy. An extra 50% fire damage over holy is huge, plus I'm betting that a few of the bombardment runes get changed to fire.
You need a well-formed tight pack for combust to do more damage than shattering throw, even without the bug.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why is it so hard for people to understand RNG is RNG? Shit happens sometimes? Not anyone on here mind you. Bitches every night over lack of legendaries, then get's a legendary, and rerolls it and for hours it's bragging over his crit numbers. I think I have a bi-polar friend.