Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Pet's are super powerful, there is no doubt about that. With the 2.0.5 changes I feel better about using Zombie Dogs, but I'm still underwhelmed by Firebomb, or other options (Toads) or spiders, for clearing other stuff out when it's not a boss fight.

I hate that 4 of my abilities I never use unless it's a boss fight, or only the rare chance a dog dies. Leaves Piranhado and Firebomb/Toads/Darts/whatever as the only thing left. It makes for boring and slow trash clearing. Sometimes I pop Garg out on trash, since with Grave Injustice, it's cool down comes back pretty quick, but it's still not that often or fun.
My thoughts on my WD also. It's a lot of weak dmg for clearing, then blow-your-wad damage for elites/bosses. Not very fluid game play after awhile unless you have a Starmetal that allows you to blow-your-wad (cooldowns) on basic trash too.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been averaging around 70 Blood Shards on T3, highest was over 80, lowest was just over 60.
If takes you 20 minutes to run T3, and 10 minutes to run T1 (including time to salvage and restart the next Rift), the Effort/Risk:Reward isn't there. You're still better off running the lower Tier. If it takes you 3.5 minutes to run Normal, and 4.5 minutes to run T1, You need to get 25% more Shards from T1 to make even T1 worth it.

Using the above example, Ao- got 6, 9, 44. The 6 and 9 were the bonus drops for running T3. So he got a 34% increase for running T3 vs running Normal. If it took him 20 minutes to run that, he would only need to run T1 or lower in less than 13.2 minutes to make those a better option.

Considering the HP jump increase from T1 to T3 is over double (2.56x), you should expect at least double the number of shards. I'm not saying it needs to scale at the same rate, but considering that they're also doing more damage, it's the only way to make sure people are playing at higher difficulties, rather than playing completely safe.

Your best example was 62, 11, 9. That should have been at least 62, 31, 31.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my monk the weird LTK helm some of you recommended but still wondering since hes lightning is there any specific BP? Or should I craft Augs BP / Shoulders for him?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
That's correct in theory when you are only taking Bloodshards into account Nadiar but you didn't factor in the increased chances of legendaries dropping whilst clearing.

From my experience, I seem to get much more class sets/lengendaries drop whilst clearing a rift on higher torments than just staying on T1 (come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a class set drop for me on T1).

Don't quote me for actual hard fact data though and I also don't know if the increased drop rate it is for higher torments is worth it but itseemslike it to me.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Should use Eye of the Storm for lightning monk (helm). I used 3 piece BT's (boots, pants and chest) to ignore ground effects (works pretty well giving you more up time on things.). Shoulders and Bracers - Augs, can't live without that bonus.

WD: Just got a zuni ring for 4 piece bonus, switched out gear to go poison and dump sicko's. Mowing shit down in T3 pretty easily. Takes about 10 seconds to kill the RG. Shame the zuni ring and off-hand I have are garbage. No crit on T&T, but still, not bad.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cinder would be good but Im all lightning, does % fire work on the weird proc LTK helm?
Yes since it's a on use and not an on hit. Since you're getting new gear, why not get a cinder instead of aughilds?

I want say that the fireball double hits the main target, the one you're kicked, so it doesn't make much sense to use that helm with lightning gear, long term.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the Eye is better than the LTK helm?

Cinder is the shit for fire builds but im going to try lightning. Augs the only thing that kills me on most classes is not getting the spirit / wrath or whatever from Reapers. Its so good to chain use your spender to me it feels like it outweighs the bracer. I will probably drop the cinder and just go for Augs BP / Shoulders and then work on rings asap. Just got a TG belt which was cute too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Check out my sig for my new build. Basically focuses exclusively on CDR, Elite% and Fire%. Specs for maximum free dmg%. Works oddly well. Don't exactly have the best gear for it at the moment.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Cinder is the shit for fire builds but im going to try lightning. Augs the only thing that kills me on most classes is not getting the spirit / wrath or whatever from Reapers. Its so good to chain use your spender to me it feels like it outweighs the bracer. I will probably drop the cinder and just go for Augs BP / Shoulders and then work on rings asap. Just got a TG belt which was cute too.
Andy's or GNK, only two real choices for monks.

Why do you want lightning so bad?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Andy's or GNK, only two real choices for monks.

Why do you want lightning so bad?
I had a lot of lightning stuff when hunting for fire on my DH including a dex TF and odyn son.

Fire imo would be the better build with Magefist, Cinder but im leaning on you bros. Link me an ideal monk to work for a good build / gear setup.

Xevy

Log Wizard

For lightning:

Lightning Andys > Eye of the Storm > GNK

5-6% crit on all, obviously. I did a full fire build with GNK last night and if you're lightning with SoH, it's not even comparable. I have a 300% roll on my GNK so it hits for something like 5-6mil twice on first target and LTK hits for 15mil. In lightning with Andy's and SoH my LTK does about 24mil and the SoH proc does 6-8m. Add in the stun for higher torments and lightning is >>>>.

Though my razor strop blows up for like 10mil which is neat, if my teammates ever grabbed health orbs~

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That's correct in theory when you are only taking Bloodshards into account Nadiar but you didn't factor in the increased chances of legendaries dropping whilst clearing.

From my experience, I seem to get much more class sets/lengendaries drop whilst clearing a rift on higher torments than just staying on T1 (come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a class set drop for me on T1).

Don't quote me for actual hard fact data though and I also don't know if the increased drop rate it is for higher torments is worth it but itseemslike it to me.
I got ALL of my class gear from T1. Got to love RNG.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For lightning:

Lightning Andys > Eye of the Storm > GNK

5-6% crit on all, obviously. I did a full fire build with GNK last night and if you're lightning with SoH, it's not even comparable. I have a 300% roll on my GNK so it hits for something like 5-6mil twice on first target and LTK hits for 15mil. In lightning with Andy's and SoH my LTK does about 24mil and the SoH proc does 6-8m. Add in the stun for higher torments and lightning is >>>>.

Though my razor strop blows up for like 10mil which is neat, if my teammates ever grabbed health orbs~
Sounds like your comparison wasn't fairly done. No way the two LTKs should be hitting for values that different. If anything, fire has more +elemental% gear.

The stun is another issue. Hard to argue against that. But monks in higher torments are kinda shit anyway thanks to dodge.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sounds like your comparison wasn't fairly done. No way the two LTKs should be hitting for values that different. If anything, fire has more +elemental% gear.

The stun is another issue. Hard to argue against that. But monks in higher torments are kinda shit anyway thanks to dodge.
The ability to stack elite damage is the difference. Cindercoat/magefist give you fire but fuck a bunch of shit up. I also have TFury in my offhand instead of burning axe b/c my axe has no dex and the proc helps kill shit at ranged.

I made another monk to hold my fire shit last night. You can compare them here:

Xevron#1846 :: DiabloProgress - Diablo 3 Rankings

Edit: If you can roll the int into dex and it's socketed then SoH and OS. Otherwise probably OS/TF assuming they're both socketed, both have dex, and both 2k+ damage.