Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh did they? Well that's good to know then. I think I have 4 pieces of Firebirds in my stash if I ever play again and it's a viable build...

lindz

#DDs
What didn't you like about blessed hammer? The fire rune isn't that great until you can take advantage of the extra damage it does, so it's only suited for higher torments. Give the holy rune a try and basically stutter step instead of stop and cast. Hammer few steps hammer few steps, repeat. Things you don't kill will chase after you and will be killed by the next few hammers you cast. Save your cooldowns for fatties, don't kill them just with hammers. Blessed hammer is the easiest build to go generator-less.

All foote is good for is making players think they can play on a higher torment than they should because they don't have to worry about resource management. It's quite easy to run a blessed shield build without foote AND no wrath builders. It's not that great a build since getting nerfed anyway.
Primarily the resource management. I likely don't have enough CDR so it just becomes annoying. When I have access to health globes for the reaper's, its fine. But when I don't, and provoke it on CD, ugh.

I'm really just flitting between classes right now. Have all but barb at 70, so trying to find a playstyle I like. Witchdoctor is my best geared, but my gear is badly organized. I have carnevil, but I really didn't like that playstyle, etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Primarily the resource management. I likely don't have enough CDR so it just becomes annoying. When I have access to health globes for the reaper's, its fine. But when I don't, and provoke it on CD, ugh.

I'm really just flitting between classes right now. Have all but barb at 70, so trying to find a playstyle I like. Witchdoctor is my best geared, but my gear is badly organized. I have carnevil, but I really didn't like that playstyle, etc.
Link your bnet profile, we can make some suggestions. You can see the crusader in my sig, I run no generators nor reaper wraps and I'm just fine on wrath. And I definitely don't use Akarat's Champion on cooldown. But, I'm guessing you don't have FoTF. 3 beam Ascendancy does a decent chunk of my killing. Thus, you'll have to use hammer some more. Supplement it with Shield Glare, Reaper's Wraps, and Akarat's Champion - Embodiment of Power. If you use all of that and are still running out of wrath, you're likely playing on too high a torment. What's your average rift clear times?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Datamined PTR notes are up on diablo fans. Looks like they increased wizards explosive blast damages by 50% across the board. Talk about making Wand of Woh even more absurd than it already was.

Also looks like magic missle: conflagrate is now capped at 3 stacks? RIP to mirrorball builds if I'm reading that patch note correctly.

lindz

#DDs
Honestly, wizard is probably what I've been enjoying the most. Just getting started on her and doing a lightning build. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Need a billion forgotten souls for rerolling and think I'll work on gambling a chest, unless something else would be better first.

Wizard

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
RIP Exploding Palm
frown.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bash
Onslaught :Each hit adds 2 reverberations that cause an additional 100% total weapon(NOPE)The enemy has a 10% increased chance to be Critically Hit for 3 seconds. / Bash's damage turns into Lightning.

frown.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Magic Missile nerfed to hell and back... Lol!

Magic Missile
Conflagrate : The missile pierces through enemies and causes them to burn for 130% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. Burn damage will stacks up to 3 times and any Fire damage taken from you refreshes all existing stacks of Conflagrate to its maximum duration.

Also, all the channeling spell's initial damage has been nerfed too. So they renegged on the initial AP cost, but they nearly cut the initial damage by 50%. They however made up for it as each second you cast, it gains more damage. The issue is however that it takes 4 seconds of casting to get back to the point of the initial damage that is on live. However, once you channel more than 4 seconds, the damage ramps up a little more to about 300% higher than live. I am not sure if this change is a positive or negative at all. But on higher torments due to needing to move constantly, I see this as a major nerf...

Arcane Torrent
- currently: 573% constant
- PTR: 370% initial + 100%/sec, max 895%

0 seconds - 370 --- total damage 370 vs 573
1 second - 470 --- total damage 840 vs 1146
2 seconds - 570 --- total damage 1410 vs 1719
3 seconds - 670 --- total damage 2080 vs 2292
4 seconds - 770 --- total damage 2850 vs 2865
5 seconds - 870 --- total damage 3720 vs 3438

Disintegrate:
1 sec - 580% vs 360%
2 sec - 1160% vs 820%
3 sec - 1740% vs 1380%
4 sec - 2320% vs 2040%
5 sec - 2900% vs 2800%
6 sec - 3480% vs 3660%
Takes 6 seconds to equal the damage on live...

Fucking Blizzard, I swear they are god damn idiots and don't even play their own fucking game.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Explosive Blast : Now deals 945% weapon damage (up from 616%).
Obliterate : Now deals 990% weapon damage (up from 760%).
Time Bomb : Now deals 1655% weapon damage (up from 1039%).
Unleashed : Now deals 1485% weapon damage (up from 970%).
Chain Reaction : Now deals 520% weapon damage (up from 320%).

holy fuck.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some of those legendary gems look tedious in usage. Stacking 3s buffs? Ugh. They all look geared towards slug fests, which is what I guess higher greater rifts are going to be, but I'm not sure I want that type of gameplay from Diablo.

Excepting that 50% "primary"(generators?) skills gem. That + depth diggers is going to make most of the monk generators better than their spenders. I love that they restricted wizard and wd signature spells from depth diggers. Why?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I see they are still doing their best to make channeling spells unfun. I wonder if they realize that those numbers make people drop the spells out of their skill bar just as fast as the upfront cost they tried before.