Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Id lose Tals 2piece and get a string or a better belt, the 5% dmg isnt doing you much. Otherwise yeah your pretty fubar w/o double unities.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I just started playing D3 again since the 2.1 patch last night. Dusted off my wizard and farmed a few rifts and was lucky enough to find two more pieces of firebirds, and with the pieces I had banked from pre-patch, was able to make the 6 pc with ring. With a fire spec (totally copied from the guy who was listed as first rank on leaderboard) I'm able to clear up to rift 27 or so before running out of time.

My biggest time loss is the deaths. Feels like aside from my templar's cooldown heals, I don't have a lot of sustainability against constant damage. I of course don't have a single unity ring, and also don't have the templar invulnerability relic (so he's dead for 35% of the rift anyway).

Been gambling rings trying to get something better, but not much luck yet and at 50 shards a pop, it's slow. I'm thinking maybe I should try to craft a hellfire amulet next and maybe a new belt.

My wizard:Zio - Community - Diablo III
You can lose the tal rashas ammy for a blackthornes ammy and that'll score you more survivability. If you get a decent blackthornes it may even be dps upgrade to that. I'd consider gambling for a better helm with vit instead of %life and keep an eye out for better trifecta fb gloves since that would allow you to replace the chest with cinder which gets you a 25%+ ap cost redux for fire spells.

While farming for the unity pair keep an eye out for Eyes of Etlich (30%+ dmg redux from ranged) and String of Ears(30%+ melee dmg redux) which stacks with unity when you do get it (also with aughilds if you were inclined to use that).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, something detestable from WoW is in my D3. I mean, it's always been there, but now I'm playing a spec heavily influenced by it. I'm sure everyone remembers that day you discovered the casting bar mod that added your lag to the casting time, allowing you squeeze a not insignificant increase of spell output? Well, if you're playing a spec that uses abilities not tied to animation or cooldown, this mechanic heavily affects your play.

Main two builds are monk SWK and crusader condemn. Hammer it too fast and you get locked out of the ability for a bit because the UI might tell you the ability has refreshed but the server doesn't agree due to the lag. I'm sure everyone has experienced this, needing to hammer an ability that's just coming off cooldown, you mash it multiple times just to make sure, you die, then you look at the ability and it's staring right back at you, unused.

Monks get a pass because they don't need to be exact with their timing. For the current game, even imperfectly timed sweeping winds and mantra will use more spirit than you can generate, FD procs aside(which keeping your spirit closer to empty can mitigate anyway).

But crusaders can easily generate enough wrath to pump out two condemns per second. Or close enough that when you press condemn relative to the previous one does tangibly affect your dps. Has anyone had any luck timing when to hit the next condemn? We don't have the luxury of a modified UI like WoW. Only thing I have so far is watching for the BoP triggered condemns and hitting it then. But, I'd rather not depend on something that's visually hard to catch with all the shit on the screen.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
So, something detestable from WoW is in my D3. I mean, it's always been there, but now I'm playing a spec heavily influenced by it. I'm sure everyone remembers that day you discovered the casting bar mod that added your lag to the casting time, allowing you squeeze a not insignificant increase of spell output? Well, if you're playing a spec that uses abilities not tied to animation or cooldown, this mechanic heavily affects your play.

Main two builds are monk SWK and crusader condemn. Hammer it too fast and you get locked out of the ability for a bit because the UI might tell you the ability has refreshed but the server doesn't agree due to the lag. I'm sure everyone has experienced this, needing to hammer an ability that's just coming off cooldown, you mash it multiple times just to make sure, you die, then you look at the ability and it's staring right back at you, unused.

Monks get a pass because they don't need to be exact with their timing. For the current game, even imperfectly timed sweeping winds and mantra will use more spirit than you can generate, FD procs aside(which keeping your spirit closer to empty can mitigate anyway).

But crusaders can easily generate enough wrath to pump out two condemns per second. Or close enough that when you press condemn relative to the previous one does tangibly affect your dps. Has anyone had any luck timing when to hit the next condemn? We don't have the luxury of a modified UI like WoW. Only thing I have so far is watching for the BoP triggered condemns and hitting it then. But, I'd rather not depend on something that's visually hard to catch with all the shit on the screen.
There seems to be some anti-mashing mechanism built in and it bugs the shit out of me. I basically stare at my ability bar the whole time I play my Crusader so I can hit Akarats and Condemn precisely on refresh.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
vaellen - Community - Diablo III

updated profile, i know i need to shed off a bit of vitality again but where would be the best place to reroll that from?

1. I have a decent puzzle ring in the bank (how good is that actually for dropping legs?) but no socket in 3-4 rerolls. Also have a stone of jordan with no socket that i have had no luck with.
2. a level 61 hellskull or the shield i have now? my stats take a decent hit and im starting to rely on the 360 shield glare.
3. the akkhans and blackthornes im wearing currently are also pretty shitty
4. Im able to clear up to GR11 and T2 except its slow, at this point should i be swapping to a different spec? my fire spec'd amulet/cindercoat make fist of heaven hit like a truck.
5. other than RoRG/gyr/FoTF/jek/ what should i be looking for item wise? i have plans for a golden scourge but i doubt Smite is a cornerstone to any higher end builds.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Shout out to Serum for the t6 rifts, thanks for the carry. Got a few upgrades... and a pile of trial keystones, so I have to go tank those so I can start upgrading my boon stone/gather other stone.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There seems to be some anti-mashing mechanism built in and it bugs the shit out of me. I basically stare at my ability bar the whole time I play my Crusader so I can hit Akarats and Condemn precisely on refresh.
I don't know if it's an anti-mashing mechanism or the one I mentioned. From what I remember playing WoW, mashing an ability before the server thinks it's off cooldown is certainly acting the same way. Basically, your UI allows you to cast an ability before the server will(this is lag). The message will get the server, it says nope, and nothing happens in game and you just wasted your ping time doing nothing. Really wish I could get server lag under 100ms.

vaellen - Community - Diablo III

updated profile, i know i need to shed off a bit of vitality again but where would be the best place to reroll that from?

1. I have a decent puzzle ring in the bank (how good is that actually for dropping legs?) but no socket in 3-4 rerolls. Also have a stone of jordan with no socket that i have had no luck with.
2. a level 61 hellskull or the shield i have now? my stats take a decent hit and im starting to rely on the 360 shield glare.
3. the akkhans and blackthornes im wearing currently are also pretty shitty
4. Im able to clear up to GR11 and T2 except its slow, at this point should i be swapping to a different spec? my fire spec'd amulet/cindercoat make fist of heaven hit like a truck.
5. other than RoRG/gyr/FoTF/jek/ what should i be looking for item wise? i have plans for a golden scourge but i doubt Smite is a cornerstone to any higher end builds.
You have a lot of slots where rares would still be better. This is especially true with jewelry. The only percentage stats that improve from rare -> leg is CDR and elemental%. Otherwise, rares get the same amount of CC, CHD, and IAS. So, you might be better off finding some good str/cc/chd/socket rare rings instead of wasting precious(for now) souls rerolling rings.

Even in some of the other slots, rares will be better. A str/vit/resist/sockets rare pants will be better than those akkhans since you don't have the set bonus. Same goes for boots.

As for where to cut vit/life%, you do that where ever you can get an offensive stat. So, your ring, shield, and gloves. Please do not reroll that shield any more, it's 1/4 on good primary affixes, that's never worth the resources.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
so lets say for instance i pick up a RoRG and i get the bonus from the akkhans and blackthornes, then do i reroll the phalanx or the LPS on the blackthornes for run speed?

For the shield at the time i was low on vitality (around 290k hp) so i rerolled the shield to compensate then i got the st archew's gloves (which i think are rolled good correct me if im wrong) and it put me way over the top hp wise. would you reroll the gloves at this point to lose the Vit?

from my perspective and please correct me...

-Crown of Leoric; not rolled great, but 18% CDR seems too good to pass up? it is a level 61 Leg
-Shoulders; CDR (6%), the vitality is probably too much here - i'll look at replacing these with something without Vit but has CDR
-gloves; i think rolled good ? reroll to replace the vit?
-chest; cindercoat isn't great but since fist of the heavens with fire rune is my primary damage dealer the 17% + the 19% from leorics boosts its damage quite a bit. also the resource cost reduction on FoTH lets me spam it a bit more.
-bracers; reapers wraps, i think these rolled fine, and i rely on the health globes to keep myself afloat in longer fights as my wrath isn't quite returning fast enough. i also have increase speed bracers which pairs with with lightening wreath that rolled "decent"
-belt; kind of shitty but the 110% increased damage is not just from chests, its also from anything like dead bodies, loose stones, any environment item you "open" so i generally always have the buff available to start a fight.
-stolen ring; reroll the armor to CD or CDR? is this going to be something i keep until T6? or do i want stone of Jordan or another unique ring?
-pants/boots; replace until set bonus is attainable

Sorry for all the questions i am just not good at all with theorycrafting this out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You need another set piece for RoRG to work. But, to answer your question, don't waste resources on rerolling that blackthornes. 2/4 and one of the secondary affixes prevents you from getting resist all. Save your souls for when you have 3/4 primaries. There are exceptions, obviously, like really good legendaries. I rerolled my BoP to give it a socket even though it rolled with LoH and Area and no str. But blackthornes is common enough, you'll be seeing another pair quite soon.

290k HP is not necessarily low. If you have good mitigation stats, hovering around 300k is very playable.

I think you need to research what you are going to eventually want in each slot. For instance, while those gloves did roll 3/4 primary and you could fix that to 4/4 by rerolling the vit to CDR or IAS(depends on spec), is that really worth it? Every class uses that slot for either T&T, set gear, or magefist. So you'll burn some souls on a shitty legendary affix and end up replacing it soon. OR, you'll find a really good pair of rares, suffer the slight loss in str, and save your souls for where they are more needed.

You need to apply this to all your gear slots if you want to truly determine what's worth spending your resources on. What easily procured rare can I get? How easy is it to gamble an item in this slot? What am I eventually going to want in this slot? How easy is it going to be to get a good roll(as in, amount of available affixes).

Just to hammer this home, your reaper wraps did not roll fine. Wrong element, you want vit instead of armor, and it originally had no crit. So you wasted souls on a 1/4 instead of just salvaging those and crafting a new pair.

EDIT: do you have most of the tradeskill sets yet? A RoRG + 4 sets(Borns, Aughilds, Captain Crimson, Asheara/Blackthornes) will easily put you into T3/T4 territory depending on your weapon and shield. And it's probably the best gear you can get while you gamble for Akkhans.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm only a Unity ring away from greatness on my wizard, and a Bombardier's Rucksack away from greatness on my DH. Kridershot wouldn't hurt my feelings, either.

So close, yet so far, far away.

frown.png

Silence_sl

shitlord
Agreed, a T6 Rift usually yields about 100 shards. That's only 4 items I can gamble on compared to the 20 something I'm use to.
Yeah. I'm at 4k+ shards since the change and 3 legs, all trash. They said they increased the % chance to get one, but that's bullshit. Now, you can't even get a decent amount of mats for it, either.

Infinite stupidity on their part.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I love how they've been hiding recent nerfs behind quality-of-life changes. The kadala nerf was presented as a way to cut down on having to run back and forth to the merchant soooo many times to spend your shards. I'll need to see the 1,000-page QQ threads on that because I'm pretty sure it wasn't as big an irritant as this change merits.

Twilering

Trakanon Raider
Is there some recipe I'm missing out on? Are yellow mats really that important? More legendaries + less clicking are more than enough to make me happy. It does suck that there's fewer yellows but my gear has gotten to the point that upgrades are rare enough that the enchanting costs are manageable.

khorum

Murder Apologist
rerolling jewelry for sockets and rerolling BPs/offhands for optimal +skill consumes 30-50 veiled stones each attempt. A T6 rift clear will yield MAYBE 30-40 stones. Min-maxers would have maybe 10 stones in their bank max at any time.