Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got the gungdo bracer, leoric crown and rorg on the monk yesterday, also have an ancient cindercoat I can use on him if there is a good fire build. Haven't crafted any gear yet but can make whatever. Someone who knows monks give me a good build to use. I don't have the crudest boots yet but that is the first item I'm using blood shards to get.
Misery - Community - Diablo IIII think this is a good set of gear to shoot for, got the amulet last night and did a fairly vigorous fist bump when I saw the stats on it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got a Furnace on my crusader on my very first Greater rift run, good times. Now to never see a unity, ever.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hat is the piece nobody uses, unforunately. Leoric's Crown is too good, and you need to get your SWK 4pc from gloves, shoulders, and amulet (+RoRG).
To be clear on this, getting the SWK 4-piece bonus is the single biggest power increase you can get and so using SWK gloves-shoulder-helm is better than not having the set bonus. I've done high 30s GRs without even using a Leoric's helm, I use Innas on my non-seasonal for now.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya.. that SWK 4 piece is nice.. Combine it with Inna's chest, legs and feet is nice too. I have only done up to about Grift 25 I think but am still leveling some gems. My rorg does not have a socket, so once I get a better one and can equip the Gogok, I should be able to start getting better.

Attog: There is a VERY nice fire build for regular T6 runs that Quinn69 put out. It takes a torch though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Misery - Community - Diablo IIII think this is a good set of gear to shoot for, got the amulet last night and did a fairly vigorous fist bump when I saw the stats on it.
That's actually a really weird set of gear. Understandable for it still being relatively early in the season, but it's definitely not the ideal set I'd advise someone else to shoot for. I will say though, that's one hell of a SWK amulet you have there. You really should roll that SoJ to a socket too, 6% crit is not worth losing one of your 3 legendary gems.

Ideal set for use with a Torch is:
Inna's - chest/belt/legs
SWK - gloves/shoulders/amulet
Crudest Boots
Leoric's Crown
Bracer - Strongarm if you use Cyclone or group with people who can trigger it, otherwise I'd probably use Warzechian since Sweeping Winds tends to break a lot of random destructibles. Really doesn't matter as long as it has 20%/6% and dex/vit though.
RoRG+Unity sploit

To be clear on this, getting the SWK 4-piece bonus is the single biggest power increase you can get and so using SWK gloves-shoulder-helm is better than not having the set bonus. I've done high 30s GRs without even using a Leoric's helm, I use Innas on my non-seasonal for now.
This is true. Hell I don't even have a Leoric's on my seasonal monk, since Kadala refuses to give it to the DH I made especially for that. I just phrased it poorly because I got my amulet before my shoulders and never had to think about using the SWK helm.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are people getting ramals this season? Any kind of frequency? A couple people at 150ish paragon, a guy at 450, and one at 250, and only seen 1 Ramals amongst them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's the most popular torch build, but I'm not sure it's the ideal setup. Torch + Cindercoat frees up a lot of gear and build restrictions. You use so little spirit you can actually take advantage of attack speed and RCR. I'll admit I'm a little biased against Taeguk. Yes, I know about numlock "cheat". I hate committing essentially one active skill just to maintain that short buff.

Vorph

I'm biased against Unity but I still use it because it's absurdly overpowered for one slot. Sweeping Winds + Taeguk is the same deal. It's going away in 2.2 anyway, so use it while you can.

Cindercoat is more suited to using with Furnace (which is the other Quin build for high GRs), but I'd say if you really want to use it with a Torch then get a good Inna's hat and use that instead of Leoric's Crown. Giving up SW/Taeguk isn't necessary, or ideal.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Are people getting ramals this season? Any kind of frequency? A couple people at 150ish paragon, a guy at 450, and one at 250, and only seen 1 Ramals amongst them.
All just RNG. Got a buddy at 450, has only found 2. I'm at 400, I've found 9. Most of my friends in the 200-350 range have found 1-3

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got my first ramalamadingdong at 247
frown.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm biased against Unity but I still use it because it's absurdly overpowered for one slot. Sweeping Winds + Taeguk is the same deal. It's going away in 2.2 anyway, so use it while you can.

Cindercoat is more suited to using with Furnace (which is the other Quin build for high GRs), but I'd say if you really want to use it with a Torch then get a good Inna's hat and use that instead of Leoric's Crown. Giving up SW/Taeguk isn't necessary, or ideal.
I think people overemphasize Taeguk's impact. BoTP alone provides more damage on elites just through how Taeguk stacks with a myriad of other monk modifiers.

From my spreadsheet, which I will admit isn't exhaustive, I've found Laws of Seph, Thundergod's(or witching hour for more dps and less ehp), 2 pieces of Blackthorne, and Blinding Flash - Faith in The Light, will provide more dps than the standard Inna's, Leorics, Taeguk, and Sweeping Winds. You do get a nice chunk of AC with Taeguk, but the alternative gets elite reduction, a blind, and double resists on the belt. No idea how to compare those.

I'm not sure I'd use quin69 as proof of anything. He's a popular streamer, but he seems to copy a lot of builds off other people.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the most popular torch build, but I'm not sure it's the ideal setup. Torch + Cindercoat frees up a lot of gear and build restrictions. You use so little spirit you can actually take advantage of attack speed and RCR. I'll admit I'm a little biased against Taeguk. Yes, I know about numlock "cheat". I hate committing essentially one active skill just to maintain that short buff.
unfamiliar with numlock cheat so I googled it and did some reading, is this basically it?

equip taeguk in a gem slot
set RCR to exactly 6.6% (is this required/optimal?)
keybind Sweeping Wind to numpad 8
turn on numlock
hold down numpad 8 key
turn off numlock

if this is doing what I think its doing and casting SW over and over forever, how does that not drain your spirit at 75 a pop?

Vorph

I've found two seasonal and one non-seasonal since the start of S2. About 95 hours seasonal and probably 30 or so non.

Still way too fucking rare imo.

unfamiliar with numlock cheat so I googled it and did some reading, is this basically it?

turn on numlock
hold down numpad 8 key
turn off numlock

if this is doing what I think its doing and casting SW over and over forever, how does that not drain your spirit at 75 a pop?
Yes, that's correct on how to do it. 6.6% is the limit on RCR to drop the cost to 1 spirit. Any higher and the cost becomes zero and no longer triggers Taeguk. I'm not sure why people talk about 6.6% though, because other than being the actual mathematical limit (75*0.066) it's irrelevant. You only need 6% to reduce the cost to 1 if you're doing it through paragon or with an item. All you really need to remember is that 7% on an item is unusable.

And it's not 75 a pop because of Inna's 4pc set bonus that reduces the cost by 70, and RCR conveniently works on the original 75 cost.

The important part you left out is that you have to bind Force Move to mousewheel up and down and use that to move around. It takes some getting used to, but I ended up liking it better than my normal force move binding in the end. If you move around by holding down LMB you will drop your Taeguk and SW stacks constantly.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They should make it so the BS can just add a socket to any weapon for a cost of like 50 Souls. The item is required and Blizzard shouldn't dance around it.

While they're at it remove Unity or follower invulnerability token. Required items aren't very exciting.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm

turn on numlock
hold down numpad 8 key
turn off numlock

4 piece Inna's basically removes the spirit cost of SW. It says 70, but I swear I cast it over and over and never see my spirit even go down 1 point. (proly due to resource cost reduction on gear)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't put those in the same category. Unity's power is much much higher than what essentially is 7% IAS/10% CDR/28k LOH, depending on your class and build.

Vorph

I wouldn't put those in the same category. Unity's power is much much higher than what essentially is 7% IAS/10% CDR/28k LOH, depending on your class and build.
You lost me there. Rank 40 (reasonably attainable for anyone serious about GRs) Taeguk is +30% [DIBS category] damage, +30% armor. Running around with 3 stacks of SW always is 8 spirit per second, which is huge even with Torch's cost reduction on bells. Technically it's 10 spirit since you get 2 more from the same Inna's set bonus that allows you to do the numlock trick.

Edit: nm, I missed your earlier response. I see you're talking about Unity vs. dingdong now.

I think people overemphasize Taeguk's impact. BoTP alone provides more damage on elites just through how Taeguk stacks with a myriad of other monk modifiers.
You sure about that? The list I've been referencing puts Bane of the Powerful in the same DIBS category with Taeguk, Toxin's debuff, etc. Bane of the Trapped and Zei's are the only gems that are multiplicative with everything else.

I'm not sure I'd use quin69 as proof of anything. He's a popular streamer, but he seems to copy a lot of builds off other people.
Don't really care about popular or even original, just that the builds he uses work to get him to the top of the leaderboard. Along with an insane amount of assistance from RNGesus, no doubt.