Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Personally I find grift progression extremely tedious and anti-fun. Getting instagibbed left and right isn't exciting. Which is why I wish they'd add T7-10. Eventually T6 just becomes normal mode with too much gear but I still like doing normal rifts.
IMO the problem is with GRift trials. Just fucking get rid of the whole process and make Orek a vendor who sells GRift stones from 1 to <highest GR you've completed> for 1 Keystone each.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
IMO the problem is with GRift trials. Just fucking get rid of the whole process and make Orek a vendor who sells GRift stones from 1 to <highest GR you've completed> for 1 Keystone each.
This. I do think T6+ would be nice too. If I tememver right, before RoS launch there was datamined information (was false) that picked up on "Apocalyptic" as a difficulty.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah Trials are retarded as well. But the T1-6 was all balanced prior to the massive influx in damage they gave to all classes and then to almost all items (and now even worse with Ancient weapons.) So now there are really only two difficulties. T2 until you can do T6. And then T6 becomes a one-shot cakewalk once you get geared enough. It feels like it wouldn't be that difficult to implement it either. Just use the same curves they used for T1-6 and extrapolate.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If my numbers are right, Tenks might be right about that ring. I can't figure out how to model an ICD from a frameless standpoint(i.e. just looking at one attack at a time), so I'm just going to use averages. If (1 - CC%)^5 gives the chance of you proccing the buff, then (5 attacks) / (1 - CC%)^5 should give the average amount of attacks it takes to proc the buff outside of the buff itself. If that's true, the rest of the calculation is simple.

Final CC% = (5 / (1 - CC%)^5 * CC% + 3 * APS * 100%) / (5 / (1 - CC%)^5 + 3 * APS)

For example, at 30% CC, it takes, on average, almost 30 attacks to proc the buff. So, for 29.75 attacks, you have 30% CC and for 3 * APS, you have 100% CC. Doesn't sound like much, at 2 APS, that's a final CC of 41.75%. Keep in mind that's single target, in AE situations where you can probably assume at least 10 APS, you get 65%.

Still, that model might be wrong. At 2 APS, lowering your CC%(from gear) by 5% only lowers your final CC by 0.1%. Really suspicious.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, my buddy and I were duoing and it kept giving us a level that was equal or at our max possible level, so it just started at the near impossible, auto-kill for any mistake level. We eventually just started TP-ing out after a few waves just so we could have a few fun grifts before the hard ones.

Tenks

When gearing up I usually always TP out to slow roll. I still find GRifts the most optimal path for gearing up. Almost always 1 Leg will drop and not uncommonly 3.

Also I leveled my Gem of Ease up to 25 last night and holy fuck is that fun to level up

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
When gearing up I usually always TP out to slow roll. I still find GRifts the most optimal path for gearing up. Almost always 1 Leg will drop and not uncommonly 3.

Also I leveled my Gem of Ease up to 25 last night and holy fuck is that fun to level up
GRifts have never been the best way to gear for me. Fully clearing a T6 rift is 4-6 legendaries and takes about the same time as a level 25ish GRift and you don't have to do the gay trial. Seems like a total win all around.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The 2.2 stuff has drained any desire I had to keep playing in Season 2. So much more interesting shit coming up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If I can get back on PTR I've got a monk build that should be ridiculous depending on certain set bonus scaling. The best part is that certain weapons won't be mandatory.

Tenks

Oh cool blues/yellows in normal rifts drop progression globes now as well? Thats a nice change.

-edit-

now = 2.2

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not if you like to let your dots kill the pack while you hurry on. Though, I guess if you're clearing the whole rift, probably won't matter.

Tenks

Why wouldn't you clear the whole rift? I get more Legendaries from random trash mobs then I do from the Rift Boss.
I do it to maximize blood shart (fake edit: shard) intake. Now that it only costs 1 token to open a new rift there is really no point in clearing the entire thing and you'll get 100 shards each time. Back in the day when T6 gave you the same shards as T1 (and you couldn't get torment legs nor set items via gamble) and it cost 5 tokens it made sense to clear the entire thing. Anymore I don't think it does.

Tenks

I have 300 bounty tokens sitting in my stash from leveling my DH, getting RoRG and Pride's Fall D:

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I do it to maximize blood shart (fake edit: shard) intake. Now that it only costs 1 token to open a new rift there is really no point in clearing the entire thing and you'll get 100 shards each time. Back in the day when T6 gave you the same shards as T1 (and you couldn't get torment legs nor set items via gamble) and it cost 5 tokens it made sense to clear the entire thing. Anymore I don't think it does.
I seem to get more legendaries or at least a less spurty stream of them by doing full clears and it means you need to do less bounties. If you are in it for the bloodshards then GRifts are much better for that IMHO but I could be wrong. Kadala fucks me in the ass with razor blade dildos so I don't really pay attention to shard gains.

Tenks

The only time I clear is if it is the graveyard or the good prison map. Even for the prison I usually just run around and open all the chests and leave. I probably found more legs from chests than I did from elite packs on my DH.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You bros are missing out on the fun of console! Level 100 rifts in mere minutes! Wanna see fast paragon leveling?! wooo!

Made possible by level 2,000,000 wreath of lightning gems, and others. Everything just falls over!!

(partly a reason I'm back on PC, because while I can avoid these hacked items, it was just annoying playing around it)

The Master

Bronze Squire
The more I think about it, the more I think it's related to the network code. Heroes of the Storm is fucking terrible at the moment, and any form of network spike causes in game frame loss, as in, the game slows down to "keep up" with the network traffic. This causes frequent pausing and stuttering. I'm willing to bet both games run the same network layer or something.

D3 was shitastic at launch, and with the launch of RoS (and aussie servers) I had very little stutter. It's still there though in bigger fights, and more players.

The worst I ever had it was on the Bridge of Korsik, crossing that was a fucking slideshow, while a friend of mine never had any problems at all. Seems much better these days, but I still actively avoid that area.
Years ago back on the FoH boards, there were a few people who talked about how Blizzard only hired people who played games and one guy went to school with one person who was hired to do some of their network code and eventually got put in charge of it. Apparently he was the class retard and couldn't code for shit, but he played a lot of games. I don't know if that is true, but ever since I've noticed that Blizzard has a lot more lag/network drops/connectivity issues. You could attribute that to sheer population I guess.

Tenks

Heroes runs on the SC2 engine. D3 runs on it's own engine. If the actual network layer is the same I'm not sure but I kind of doubt it since the two games have wildly different multi player use cases to support. I'd lean towards they do not since in SC2 (until it was modified in Heroes) any lag between any client would cause the server to pause. This never happened in Diablo 3.

Also the anecdote reeks of misinformation