Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They explained the limited testing in the video. They said they were so concerned with not letting spoilers out into the world, and they wanted everyone to experience the story for the first time when the game launched, that they screwed themselves with the 45 minute Demo as they called it in the video, not even a beta test. I guess as you mentioned, this is just them showing more arrogance. We love our story so much, and be damned if we'll let anyone know it before they play it!

I think the system they've adopted now across all of their games where the PTR is very much takes part in the development process is good. Can make a lot of changes, and test things out. Nothing is ever still perfect, but it's better.

The saddest part is that the story was shit tier, and they fucked the game trying to protect (or hide?) that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
You only need to have a character on your account clear a GR70. I interpret that to mean if you've cleared one in an earlier season, you're good to go.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
You only need to have a character on your account clear a GR70. I interpret that to mean if you've cleared one in an earlier season, you're good to go.

• Note: Primal Ancients will only begin dropping after a character on the player’s account has reached Greater Rift 70 Solo
    • There are separate unlocks for normal and Hardcore characters, as well as Seasonal and non-Seasonal characters

Do people actually play d3 standard?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Uliana's better/more survivable than LTK?
I didn't think so. You get a pretty significant defense boost when you have Sweeping Winds up, which is part of the LTK build. For me, the problem with Ulianna's is the CDR required so you're not just sitting around doing nothing is stupid. Yea, it'd kill stuff quick with SSS, but then if things didn't die, you'd be literally sitting around doing nothing until SSS came back off cooldown. I hated that part of it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
With Uliana's, you should always be doing something. Generally you're kiting around and cycloning to group stuff up. If NOTHING dies and you already have a huge group, well yea that's just high GR I guess :p If you're at too low of a GR for the kiting-cycloning to be viable than you should just be jumping to blue packs anyway.

Regardless, LTK is a stronger end-game build, both in DPS and Survivability, as far as I can tell. Uliana's CAN get almost as far but it requires much better gear and is more tedious in my opinion. Which is a shame because it's tied with Gen build for my favorite in the game, when it's not for pushing GR.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Most interesting thing that I thought was from that video is they mentioned the Necro was going to be coming to the PTR, so we would get to try it out soon, I assume without having to even buy the expansion. That's exciting!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Primals are kind of meh, but at least it wasn't the original lazy "30% more stats at 10x the rarity" design that it was. There's some definite QoL changes like an Armory (loadouts) and no more bonus acts for bounties (all acts now just give 2x the mats). Crafting materials have their own tab now for PC users, clearing up stash space. I hear that's a pretty big deal. And seasons are coming to consoles. I'm hyped for that.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Primals are kind of meh, but at least it wasn't the original lazy "30% more stats at 10x the rarity" design that it was. There's some definite QoL changes like an Armory (loadouts) and no more bonus acts for bounties (all acts now just give 2x the mats). Crafting materials have their own tab now for PC users, clearing up stash space. I hear that's a pretty big deal. And seasons are coming to consoles. I'm hyped for that.

The original version of primals gave you better items than the current, at least potentially.

I rolled a Yang's that had 3900 dps, which is currently impossible.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Sounds like mostly QoL stuff? I'm guessing they'll be doing a different video for the s10 gear.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The original version of primals gave you better items than the current, at least potentially.

I rolled a Yang's that had 3900 dps, which is currently impossible.
It really wasn't a good design, though, and just contributed to the RNG issues and power creep issues. If they had kept the original idea of Primals just being Ancient 2.0, I think they would have needed to include a recipe to upgrade ancients to primals. Even ancients are rare enough that you can't really aim for more than the weapon slot of ancient without really being dedicated, it just comes down to random drops anyway.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Exactly. With the only way to get them being a 1% drop rate, it was just too many layers of RNG to contend with for them to be realistically obtainable. That's not even going into how much the leaderboard could be skewed by that someone who gets lucky and rolls something like a Primal Yang's.

I also think the original design would have been perfectly fine if they had some sort of upgrade path to get to that higher tier of gear. I'm actually surprised there wasn't. Instead we get something with a chance of being nice to have, but by no means game-breaking.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I understand leaderboard complaints, but they just don't hold in the game's current context. This lazy guy was able to place on the leaderboard by just finishing the season journey a week after release of Season 9. The game is too dead for leaderboard competitiveness to really matter.

But still, 1% drop is still ass.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like mostly QoL stuff? I'm guessing they'll be doing a different video for the s10 gear.

They adjusted some set bonuses and lego affixes, but the only new gear effect is Holy Point Shot, which now has a legendary effect that boosts Impale.