Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Ok, gems of ease can be obtained by doing greater rifts.

If you level up a gem of ease to level 25, put it in kanai's cube along with a legendary item, click combine and the legendary item is now usable at level one.

The two legendary items mentioned provide large bonuses to xp gained.

Kainai's cube is obtained at the end of one of the areas in act 3, it is similar to the Horadric cube in Diablo 2.

A greater rift is a set of random dungeons connected linearly, with random monsters in it. If you kill a whole bunch plus a random boss monster in 15 minutes you win. Whether you win or not, you get a random legendary gem (from a pool of 18 or so) which can be placed in a socket (usually jewelry, but there are exceptions). Google for more about that. Winning the greater rift allows you to increase the level of the legendary gem, increasing its power. Also google for more info.

To enter a greater rift, you first must complete a rift (at character level 70), complete the rift, and then obtain a greater rift key. This key can be later used to open a greater rift. Also google for more info.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Whats the gucci fam monk torment farming build? I was using my shitty 7 sided strike build but could never get the EP fist to make it viable.

I just swapped to an innas/sunwuko generator build last night and it felt like 10x faster.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
For GRs, Inna Gen with 2 piece Raiment and Shenlong fists. Or the original 6 piece Raiment but it's a little glassier.
For speedfarming Torments, I like Sunwuko with LTK and In-Geom. You have the option of adding in Sage's set or Goldwrap/Avarice Band if you want.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Switched from Marauder to Shadow last night, got through a GR70 at lunch using very baseline gear for the build. Shadow is nice this season. Fast movement, good DPS, durable for a DH, straightforward play style.

Now gimme all dem primals, RNG.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
After banging my head against the wall looking for Ancient Shenlongs, I think I'm hopping on the Shadow Impale bandwagon as well. Got an Ancient Karlei's point on my 2nd crafting roll and most of the other pieces are easy. It took me at least 20 reforges to get one of my Ancient Shens on my first monk when I got back into the game. Man, fuck dual-wield classes.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can shadow kill more than one thing at a time? That was the shitty part of it before, compared to a build like UE/Marauders.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, they changed the Holy Point Shot quiver to make it so that Impale throws 3 knives at a time. That combined with the ricochet talent makes it viable, and all 3 knives can hit the same thing if its big enough. The build is still more of an elite hunter though. Kill a pack, vault through to the next one.

Awesome rundown of it is here:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shenlongs is the #1 reason I want a recipe to make a legendary upgrade to ancient. It took over 60 "drops" of Shenlongs (that includes either one from Kadala, upgrades, rerolling, and actual drops) to get both ancient this season. I fucking saw more ancients for other classes drop than I did ancient Shenlongs. Weapons being such a heavy weight of every single build in the game as far as finding ancient ones still feels like an unresolved issue that there's several ways to address.

Side note, but I have yet to see any primal ancients this either. Could be my luck is just impossibly bad this month.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Can shadow kill more than one thing at a time? That was the shitty part of it before, compared to a build like UE/Marauders.
When you one shot elites at gr70 and you've got >400m toughness and infinite vault, who gives a shit about trash?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

After completing this season journey (fuck Crusaders...never again) messing around with my NS Impale DH and I can say, in addition to sniping elites, packs of mobs also melt very quickly. I'm struggling to find a downside to this build, it's very easy to gear, and with a non-ancient 6 PC and weapons, 50+ish gems, you should be able to clear GR60-65 no sweat.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I facerolled through a 65 before I realized I didn't have Vengeance on my skill bar. Time to switch over. It's still early enough because I haven't wasted any time leveling gems for augments yet.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is there a newbie guide to crafting/enchanting etc that is up to date? I don't know what to use bloodstones for or anything like that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Essentially, don't use blood shards for anything that costs more than 75 shards, which is weapons and amulet. Unless you're really desperate or your alternative is ancients fishing, you shouldn't spend shards on rings too.

Otherwise, gamble for pieces that are most beneficial for your current build.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Gotcha, thanks. That seems pretty straightforward, then.

What's up with gems having levels? I'm 70 now....can I start dropping gems in sockets or should I save them for when I get the gear I Want?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Shenlongs is the #1 reason I want a recipe to make a legendary upgrade to ancient. It took over 60 "drops" of Shenlongs (that includes either one from Kadala, upgrades, rerolling, and actual drops) to get both ancient this season. I fucking saw more ancients for other classes drop than I did ancient Shenlongs. Weapons being such a heavy weight of every single build in the game as far as finding ancient ones still feels like an unresolved issue that there's several ways to address.

Side note, but I have yet to see any primal ancients this either. Could be my luck is just impossibly bad this month.

I think I've had 8 drop, one very good, two might be useful someday, the others... grats 15 souls ea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Gotcha, thanks. That seems pretty straightforward, then.

What's up with gems having levels? I'm 70 now....can I start dropping gems in sockets or should I save them for when I get the gear I Want?
Covetous Shen can unsocket gems, so no reason not to use them if you have them. Aside from the regular colored gems, there are legendary gems that drop in greater rifts, here is a pretty good guide.