Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't actually see the point of Sunwuko in generator builds anyway? Unless you're throwing EP at things but then you'd want EP bracers to maximize that power. Aughild's and whatever decent legendaries would arguably be better.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Why not dump the Andy's and RoRG, then use SWK helm and SoJ instead?
I don't actually see the point of Sunwuko in generator builds anyway? Unless you're throwing EP at things but then you'd want EP bracers to maximize that power. Aughild's and whatever decent legendaries would arguably be better.
I was using Cyclone Strike (which benefits from SWK) to dump spirit and to clump mobs into melee range, but other than that, no reason other than not enough time to play in a single evening. I was planning on trying something like that, or something with more CDR, but I just haven;t got around to it yet.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
The set bonus to F+R was 150% last night, but I would probably be too squishie without Unity unless I was able to work in a bunch of CDR

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm not sure how you make a monk that can survive above the upper-30's with F+R. Instead, I've seen monks talk about using Broken Promises and Zodiac to make a generator + perma-Serenity build.

Sounds awful to actually play though, and also it's counting on two obviously broken items to make it live without getting swatted with the nerfbat.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking the new bracers would partially make up for the lost DR.

I could see Zodiac avoiding the nerfbat. It comes with some horrible primary affixes and you have to restrict your build a lot to get some dependable use out of it. 2 short cooldowns or 1 long and 1 short is probably the most. I'm hoping it stays in because perma WoTB with that boulder breaker is just ugh.

Broken Promises, compared to 2.1.2, is indeed broken. But compared to some of the other items introduced in 2.2, not so much. I would put that ring up there with Unity, new F+R, Shield Bash bracers, and maybe in-goem(once they fix it).

Vorph

I'm expecting an ICD on Zodiac and a nerf to the duration of Broken Promises.

I don't think we'll be seeing Shield Bash hitting for 30B+ on live servers either. :p

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm expecting an ICD on Zodiac and a nerf to the duration of Broken Promises.

I don't think we'll be seeing Shield Bash hitting for 30B+ on live servers either. :p
Been playing around with Zodiac a bit more on the PTR. Will they nerf it? Maybe. I hope not. But, found some "interesting" functionality. The GCD triggered off some spells(i.e.: Battle Rage, Sprint, etc)? Yeah, that will eat a Zodiac proc. So, on one hand, that means spammy WW builds are actually not ideal because the bulk of the Zodiac procs will go to pointless Sprint and Battle Rage GCD. I like that because I hate spammy builds. Part of the reason the new Roland's still sucks. You're better off Sprinting when every ~3s and that's it. No mini game watching your resource bulb to see if you should press Battle Rage(because the proc you gain from a BR will just be eaten by BR's GCD). It makes for a much smoother gameplay, less hectic. Then just WW in between packs because you're likely at full rage.

Don't know if there's some build that can exploit GCDless abilities.

Vorph

They're using it with Mantras which have a 0.5s gcd to get perma-Serenity. I have to wonder how much time that actually leaves for anything else though. Even with a moderate amount of CDR it seems like it would be a pain in the ass.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just monk tanked a 42 duo rift with DH. Get Spirit Guard bracers. Get attack speed. Get Desert Shroud. Get LoH. Use fast freezing attacks. Win.

Spirit gen is 100% the build for 2.2. Working with a 4k flying dragon and I am a beast. Puts bells to shame.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're using it with Mantras which have a 0.5s gcd to get perma-Serenity. I have to wonder how much time that actually leaves for anything else though. Even with a moderate amount of CDR it seems like it would be a pain in the ass.
Maybe they won't nerf the ring...but they will nerf the skills!

[PTR 2.2] Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac vs CDR - Forums - Diablo III

Starting in the next PTR patch, we'll be applying this philosophy to the following immunity skills.

Spirit Walk
Serenity
Smoke Screen
Laws of Hope - Stop Time

With this, the cooldowns on these skills will begin after their buff ends. To minimize negatively impacting the normal use case for these skills, we're lowering the cooldown time to compensate - for example, Serenity is going from a 20 second cooldown that starts on activation, to a 16 second cooldown that starts when Serenity ends.
Not like it matters much for the build I was hoping to use Zodiac. Turns out that the base damage on 2H weapons is so much greater than 1H that it compensate for all of the following: DW IAS, 130% CHD, 20% physical and 1 primary affix(Doombringer) and 30% elite damage.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Playing a zDPS Crusader on HC is one of the most relaxing things I've done in this whole game. Might be a little more work in higher GRs but so far its a nice change of pace from charge Barb.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Just monk tanked a 42 duo rift with DH. Get Spirit Guard bracers. Get attack speed. Get Desert Shroud. Get LoH. Use fast freezing attacks. Win.

Spirit gen is 100% the build for 2.2. Working with a 4k flying dragon and I am a beast. Puts bells to shame.
Interesting. This is on PTR, I'm guessing?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Hardcore...relaxing?
Base of 25k defense, over 1m health, 2 extra lives and that doesn't even count moratorium, and I am still useful by pulling, debuffing, spawning health globes, CCing, and drawing aggro.

Basically its the zDPS Crusader build that is used in GR45+, but I just use it all the time on HC regardless of content. Being under 50 paragon and tanking T6 is pretty amusing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Interesting. This is on PTR, I'm guessing?
Yeah. So my FD is about 3900 dps non-ancient. I'm using 2 piece raiment, depth, frosty's, simplicity's strength gem, Focus/Restraint, and Spirit Guards. It's pretty fucking nuts. I know I wanted freezing damage b/c I need some sort of extra defensive element and with Fists of Thunder Wind Blast, most non-guardians are near constantly frozen. I run around with about 1.9m damage with my full retard dps passives (alacrity, seize the initiative, unity, and relentless assault). With FD procs and bane of the powerful up I'm at 4 million damage sheet. I only tested the FD build for about 10 minutes last night but I ran a 32 GR in 4 minutes. My simplicity's strength is lvl 20, so I still need to get it to the next level for the heal. I'm very interested if it's heal on activation or heal on target hit. Hopefully the latter, but I doubt it.

Another way to go would be windforce flurry WotHF and just range nuke everything. I haven't tested this one in a while but on live with some garbage shit it was hitting for 300m. I have an ancient staff of Kyro with 50% DR, but I just don't like DR. I should gather enough lightning shit to test that build, but I still think I'll find it lacking.

Basically I just use Icy Blast Thunder fists to fight everything. I have SW freezing winds to freeze shit as well. So I just run up and hold down Fists of thunder which gives me my armor. I have Desert Shroud for 'bad shit' like desecrate, electrified, arcane, etc. Possibly the best part of this build is fuck Sunwoko's. You can ditch that neck and grab any of the absorb necks you want that roll well. For other skills I use fire pet with crudest boots (+40% dmg with inna's two piece), and EP with Mantra of Healing Time of Need. EP is nice, but honestly serenity could be put in or Forbidden Palace or even WoL/SSS for a big spender. You could run mythic rhythm instead of Alacrity to really blow shit up. I use Frostys but those could be alternated with SWK paws or Raiment Paws and then replace the Raiment helm I use with any spirit stone/andy's you like.

I think with a lock down WD this has seriously potential and will even let you forget about the freezing gimmick I'm using and just blow shit up with highest dmg skill possible. That very well may be Deadly Reach with a Staff of Kyro. It may be an ancient Odyn's Son and Ancient WKL/SoH. More testing to do. For high level GR's (45+, I tanked a 42 just fine in a duo and facetanked guardians) I think you should grab a Fist of Az and an ancient burning axe. Roll the fire dmg off the burning axe into %dmg or IAS or whatever you want and just use the proc as extra defense. With my Epiph and Spirit guards up I was at 43m toughness.

I'll keep testing shit and let you know what's up. Currently getting 600m Fists of Thunder crits with FD, but I'm expecting to finagle some 1 billions from different elements and setups, probably.

Edit: I forgot during the 40 and 42 rift I did duo I had Harmony/Sixth Sense/Near Death on. That was how I was at 43m toughness.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. So my FD is about 3900 dps non-ancient. I'm using 2 piece raiment, depth, frosty's, simplicity's strength gem, Focus/Restraint, and Spirit Guards. It's pretty fucking nuts. I know I wanted freezing damage b/c I need some sort of extra defensive element and with Fists of Thunder Wind Blast, most non-guardians are near constantly frozen. I run around with about 1.9m damage with my full retard dps passives (alacrity, seize the initiative, unity, and relentless assault). With FD procs and bane of the powerful up I'm at 4 million damage sheet. I only tested the FD build for about 10 minutes last night but I ran a 32 GR in 4 minutes. My simplicity's strength is lvl 20, so I still need to get it to the next level for the heal. I'm very interested if it's heal on activation or heal on target hit. Hopefully the latter, but I doubt it.

Another way to go would be windforce flurry WotHF and just range nuke everything. I haven't tested this one in a while but on live with some garbage shit it was hitting for 300m. I have an ancient staff of Kyro with 50% DR, but I just don't like DR. I should gather enough lightning shit to test that build, but I still think I'll find it lacking.

Basically I just use Icy Blast Thunder fists to fight everything. I have SW freezing winds to freeze shit as well. So I just run up and hold down Fists of thunder which gives me my armor. I have Desert Shroud for 'bad shit' like desecrate, electrified, arcane, etc. Possibly the best part of this build is fuck Sunwoko's. You can ditch that neck and grab any of the absorb necks you want that roll well. For other skills I use fire pet with crudest boots (+40% dmg with inna's two piece), and EP with Mantra of Healing Time of Need. EP is nice, but honestly serenity could be put in or Forbidden Palace or even WoL/SSS for a big spender. You could run mythic rhythm instead of Alacrity to really blow shit up. I use Frostys but those could be alternated with SWK paws or Raiment Paws and then replace the Raiment helm I use with any spirit stone/andy's you like.

I think with a lock down WD this has seriously potential and will even let you forget about the freezing gimmick I'm using and just blow shit up with highest dmg skill possible. That very well may be Deadly Reach with a Staff of Kyro. It may be an ancient Odyn's Son and Ancient WKL/SoH. More testing to do. For high level GR's (45+, I tanked a 42 just fine in a duo and facetanked guardians) I think you should grab a Fist of Az and an ancient burning axe. Roll the fire dmg off the burning axe into %dmg or IAS or whatever you want and just use the proc as extra defense. With my Epiph and Spirit guards up I was at 43m toughness.

I'll keep testing shit and let you know what's up. Currently getting 600m Fists of Thunder crits with FD, but I'm expecting to finagle some 1 billions from different elements and setups, probably.
Ax of Skankiness is a good idea; I'll try that. Maybe St. Archew's Gage gloves (20-25% of max HP shield for 6 seconds every 30 seconds)?