Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah, division 2 whole loot thing sucked from beginning to end. Its like the one major thing the game failed on. I cant believe they cannot just use the good ole tried and true loot system from Diablo 2 that many games since adopted. Base, Prefix, and suffix. I think the first loot system division 2 had was like 5 different rolls on each piece. Good fucking luck trying to RNG an item worth a damn. Then you had items dropping from every other mob. So you had to collect them all, because you could not tell right away if they were good or not, until you got done with mission and waded through all the shit for like 10-15 min. This got so fucking tiring.

I know they improved the loot since, dumbed it down some, and reduced the drops. But at that point no one gave a shit anymore. I never played D1, but from what people were saying it suffered from the same shit loot problem.

I take that back, there was 7 possible rolls on an item if you include the armor stat. All RNG except maybe the armor stat, not sure on that, I dont remember. NOt to mention later everyone realized the skill builds all pretty much sucked, and anything other than stacking crit dmg and crit chance and maybe elite dmg was pretty shit. At least for the PvE stuff. Never really did PvP in that game.

View attachment 341672
Loot in Division 2 really is quite trash, even after they fixed it some. Worse, it is behind one of the worst UI's I've ever seen.

The loot is supposed to draw people in to the game, but their system is so bad it removes any desire to get more.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
How do you find out when a season ends and starts? I used to play D3 every so often but searching for the dates brings up all kinds of shit going back years. Full aware it might be on the launcher but I don't have it installed yet and was wanting to know if it was worth it.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Even armor was random. And you could have a blue that did substantially more damage, especially weapons, if they rolled higher damage. That shit was the most frustrating. Yeah, my orange has 4 more stats, but they never make up for the raw damage.

Div 1 was better, loot wise, the game itself was just broken for too long, with too many exploits. And not enough content. Spent a lot of time throwing grenades through an exploited wall to blow up a truck for gear because actually playing the mission was nearly impossible and the loot rewards at top end were garbage.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Even armor was random. And you could have a blue that did substantially more damage, especially weapons, if they rolled higher damage. That shit was the most frustrating. Yeah, my orange has 4 more stats, but they never make up for the raw damage.

Div 1 was better, loot wise, the game itself was just broken for too long, with too many exploits. And not enough content. Spent a lot of time throwing grenades through an exploited wall to blow up a truck for gear because actually playing the mission was nearly impossible and the loot rewards at top end were garbage.
Div 2 has suck loot, but the worst is Borderlands 3. One billion guns...and all of them sucked. There were some fun ones at the start, but they nerfed them into the ground. Having a loot based game with crap loot was a strange design choice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Since I just started playing again recently, I can't decide if I want to play season 23 or will continue with my new character on non-seasonal. I guess I'll have to see what the season adds and decide after that.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
How do you find out when a season ends and starts? I used to play D3 every so often but searching for the dates brings up all kinds of shit going back years. Full aware it might be on the launcher but I don't have it installed yet and was wanting to know if it was worth it.

Usually the pinned post on the D3 reddit has the pertinent news. Current season will end Sunday, Mar 28. Official date for the new season hasn't been announced yet but based on previous patterns is estimated to start Friday, Apr 9.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PTR did not have any seasonal power to test, so S23 will likely not have any. At best there's a hail mary for them to keep the 4th cube slot for season but I doubt it.

S21 and S22 provided access to old seasonal rewards from S9 and S10 respectively, along with a new portrait frame and pet for finishing. So expect S23 to be S11 + frame/pet too.
S11 stuff:
N9BLHXV9ULA21499118880719.jpg

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Thinking of playing this for the new season as a break from POE. I haven't touched it since Reaper of Souls dropped years ago. I wish I believed Diablo IV was going to be good.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
With both reworks being nerfed hard. I just see no reason for me to play anymore. It will be the same classes/specs.

Granted maybe I expect to much at this point. D3 probably has a few interns working on it if that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Playing in a group is going to feel truly awful this season. Back to baseline power levels and you can't use a merc in a group so... yea.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should at minimum keep double goblins or blood shards flipped on for season but the interns won't even think of that.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not sure if they've changed Firebird much, but I remember it never really being that fun to play. Better than Tornado builds, I guess.