Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

niss_sl

shitlord
The best part about the 4pc zunis is that you no longer have to use the stupid vampire bets build and opens it to whatever build you want. You?ll have perm fetish army and any bonus spawns are just that bonus.

I haven?t tried the pet build after the patch, but prior to the patch when specced for pets (IAS gear, crit chance, red gem into weapon...ie. forgoing all crit dmg stats) the DPS was absolutely anemic in T1. While I dont have mask of jeram, even a doubling of pet damage wouldnt have made a huge difference in speed clears.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any suggestions here besides gem upgrades and changing helm for maybe rapid fire dmg?Vexxy - Community - Diablo III

I use Bolas for primary, I prefer that, and with the quiver its much nicer. Hatred isn't a big issue for me anyway. Most think Ballistics is a waste of a passive but.. lol, its an epic dps booster, especially around vengeance.
In addition to what others have said, you really need to pick one element and stick with it imo. As a DH, fire is the obvious choice by a mile above all the others.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To everyone PLing and gearing out a WD after this patch, this Wizard would like you to wish you good luck.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its crazy Niss, my WD friend was able to carry my DH and a friends in T6 with us basically doing nothing but debuffing the mob or picking up health globes to heal the pets. I went to try it after with my WD who is decent but doesnt have the mask or gloves and they could barely handle T5, I didnt try lower difficulties though.

Time to yolo shards and pray for the helm first and gaunts second.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
PL? You bros don't have every class to 70 already? Filthy casuals.

Even in my shitty gear my WD pet build does some good damage. Just having pets to tank for you or the group is amazing as well.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Now that I have all my characters to 70, I need to focus on my WD (my old "main"). What's a good build now since the latest patch?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jox PL'ed my monk yesterday, 36 levels in ~15 minutes. Jesus.

Now it's time to do the rest myself, but god damn.

What pet build is everyone running? I'm still liking garg around but have been trying without it (and using Piranhanado instead).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good idea, i'll check that out later. That might actually be a good decision to replace my akarats champion since i rarely need to use it
Archers were already pretty good prepatch, but just not that good, like they did about the same damage as heaven's fury but on single target. Since they almost doubled their damage though, they probably do an absurd amount now for a 15secs cooldown, since they're ranged they also don't waste time running after shit like the melee phalanx summon(which is also 30secs cd). Definitely one of the better cd.

I haven't really been using them though, I checked out a phalanx primary spender build but the normal phalanx is still fairly sucky even with lord commander. What I was playing around with was Punish+Shield Bash Pound, then Condemn/Heaven's Fury/Horsy+Nephalem law. Basically kill all the trash with Condemn Eternal Retaliation, if there's too much/it's too spread, also use Heaven's Fury, Horse to move between camps and for elites just pop the shield bashes. At 50% block, the Pound rune makes Shield Bash do 1k% per hit, which is strong enough to drop them decently fast. I've gambled the shield that reduces cooldowns on blocks too so I'm using that for the horse which works decently. It's not quite where I want the build to be at though, basically what I really need is the crafted crusader shield to reduce shield bash then it'd be probably be fine, maybe drop heaven's fury for archers. My crusader gear is complete fucking shit though, which surprised me a bit since I didn't remember it being that bad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Archers were already pretty good prepatch, but just not that good, like they did about the same damage as heaven's fury but on single target. Since they almost doubled their damage though, they probably do an absurd amount now for a 15secs cooldown, since they're ranged they also don't waste time running after shit like the melee phalanx summon(which is also 30secs cd). Definitely one of the better cd.

I haven't really been using them though, I checked out a phalanx primary spender build but the normal phalanx is still fairly sucky even with lord commander. What I was playing around with was Punish+Shield Bash Pound, then Condemn/Heaven's Fury/Horsy+Nephalem law. Basically kill all the trash with Condemn Eternal Retaliation, if there's too much/it's too spread, also use Heaven's Fury, Horse to move between camps and for elites just pop the shield bashes. At 50% block, the Pound rune makes Shield Bash do 1k% per hit, which is strong enough to drop them decently fast. I've gambled the shield that reduces cooldowns on blocks too so I'm using that for the horse which works decently. It's not quite where I want the build to be at though, basically what I really need is the crafted crusader shield to reduce shield bash then it'd be probably be fine, maybe drop heaven's fury for archers. My crusader gear is complete fucking shit though, which surprised me a bit since I didn't remember it being that bad.
You don't use a fate of the fell though right? I find that build pretty much impossible to want to drop, so i'm pretty much locked into 3 skills already that i really don't want to drop: Judgement - Resolve, Provoke - Charged up, Laws of Valor - Unstoppable Force. Then my 4th skill is usually just Akarats Champion with Rally for when i get 2-3 packs at once that i hardly actually use.

I think archer phalanx might be a good filler dps skill that would give memoreburst since i can activate those, let them do their thing and still shotgun everything to death on top of it.. in oppose to popping AC, and not really benefiting from it at all while im just spamming heaven's fury anyway.

AC was nice to have when i didn't have a Reaper's Wrap to help generate more wrath, but not i don't really need that.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

I prefer concentration with 95% weapon dmg as fire very strong on its own, even better with Akarats runed to reduce cooldowns can spam it all over and it stacks.

Jox PL'ed my monk yesterday, 36 levels in ~15 minutes. Jesus.

Now it's time to do the rest myself, but god damn.

What pet build is everyone running? I'm still liking garg around but have been trying without it (and using Piranhanado instead).
Can get you to 60-65 from 30 in an hour, hour and 1/2. Anyone can really, just have the low level person make a T6 adventure mode so mobs are equal level with that person and the level 70 just destroys everything.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I still need to hear your voice to confirm this or some kind of tangible proof, James....
It isn't "James" other James wouldn't deny it and Lost Virtue has some very KY redneck anti gay views
smile.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So anyone else think it's a good and bad thing that most builds work? Like before, it was this is your build, now get the gear to make it work. That was pretty cool, because when you could finally do MP10 with the build, at least for me, I felt accomplished. How you acquired that gear is besides the point for this conversation. (Probably AH, but meh)

So now, we have all these builds that can work. Not 1 clear path to work towards. This may all filter out to be the same way after everything gets figured out. A few main builds per class that work really well, but we are not there quite yet.

It's good that we have all these options, but I can't get over the feeling that I'm doing something wrong! I was falling behind my group last night when doing rifts, because I kept changing skills around trying to figure out something that was working out well.

To be clear, I think the system we have now is far better. I like it, it just feels very odd to have so many options, and sometimes a bit uncomfortable. I guess I'd feel that way regardless because everything is new, and new = uncomfortable. At the moment, it feels a bit like I'm lost, trying to find my home (build) that will work best. Only to have it change on me again with a new piece of gear. haha