Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
A lot of people just dont run with good WD's is all, I could give a fuck less what peoples opinions are. Just trying to tell my bro Crone the way the WD's who know how to play gear. WD mobility is fine with spirit walk and grave injustice, dont get trolled.

@Teck, thats why I ask to handle the crit cooldowns =p. I know when he is going to burn so I time my CD's with him so we dont have to kill T5 bosses. He solos them for us in 5 seconds like you were seeing. Basically we handle the AE trash, he melts the rest.
was working out because with you doing that, I was able to slot provoke and keep justice up 100%

also the pets are great fodder.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
WD pet build is alright damage, movement is kinda meh and the damage is very "single target" even though each pet has its own target so it kills not that fast on large packs but still decently, it completely decimates single target shit though. The WD build that impressed me the most though was the one with 5pc jade harvester+ring+helm that makes dots do double damage(well it halves the duration, so technically double the damage per tick). All of these combined result in one shotting most rare packs when you consume the dots. Locust(not searing but instead the ones that spread super fast)+double haunt then consume them with soul harvest and everything dies instantly to like 750millions crits and what not. Numbers are ridiculous. For trash just locust+harvest is enough to kill them, and mobs dying refresh the cooldown of harvest instantly anyway. The build is brutal as fuck. It's still kinda slow in terms of moving around and shit, but as far as I've seen since the SoH nerf, it's by far the fastest solo build for T6 by a very large margin.

One of the video of the build, there's a couple of streamers playing it too but too lazy to find their names again.

Dis

Confirmed Male
So to boost pet damage, go +physical. Just making sure. Good to know

Edit: Looks pretty fast to me =)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A lot of people just dont run with good WD's is all, I could give a fuck less what peoples opinions are. Just trying to tell my bro Crone the way the WD's who know how to play gear. WD mobility is fine with spirit walk and grave injustice, dont get trolled.

@Teck, thats why I ask to handle the crit cooldowns =p. I know when he is going to burn so I time my CD's with him so we dont have to kill T5 bosses. He solos them for us in 5 seconds like you were seeing. Basically we handle the AE trash, he melts the rest.
And yet you post your own opinions freely. Don't interpret my post as an attack, I was merely asking why you thought they were the best dps. All the videos and streams I'd manage to find didn't impress. Pyros' video however, that is impressive. Swear I thought they limited the dot consumption from jade harvester to a certain # of ticks. I'll agree that spirit walk works alright between packs, not so much when you're not killing stuff. Which is usually when you need it most.

BTW, why do you keep dragging teck around in your groups when he quite clearly doesn't meet the standards you place upon others?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Letting my pets do all the killing while I stand around was exactly what it felt like when I was doing an all pet build. This mix is what has worked out really well for me, with the gear that I have right now. Fire dogs serve as great blockers/tanks, and take advantage of my +30% fire damage, as do my other Fire skills. Haunt + Frozen Piranhas get no damage boost, but are again, great CC for kiting things around, and Haunt does crazy good damage IMO.

It's not optimized, but either is my gear right now, but that's the beauty of D3 now. You play to your gear, not the other way around. I'll get there! I'm going to be just like that dude in T6!

Finding myself getting tired with the same legendaries dropping over and over. I understand RNG is RNG, but it really isn't RNG when you consider the "smart loot". The chance of me getting a monk or wizard thunder fury on my crusader are slim to none, at least give me a better chance to obtain a legendary worth rerolling for. Also...release this shit on PS4 already so I can take it with console levels of effort.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didnt interpret your post as an attack Death, its the internet =p I assumed you just didnt play with a WD is all honestly. Teck did fine, anyone who can solo the torment were doing is good to go imo regardless of their spec or build. I assume people who join when we ask for t5 can solo t5, which was a bad assumption.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So to boost pet damage, go +physical. Just making sure. Good to know

Edit: Looks pretty fast to me =)
Another issue is the Fetish Army summon pending what rune, is based in what the rune States (on the advanced tooltip). For instance, Tiki torches rune makes ALL those fetishes deal fire damage, not just the one spewing fire. The +physical only works with base Fetish Army or ambush rune. Legion of daggers for instance is poison-based. The +physical also works for the Fetish passive.

Most people do not realize this...It has also been confirmed a thousand times. This goes with any pet the WD summons, so pay attention to what rune you are using and make sure it doesn't say fire or poison on the advanced tooltip, some of the runes will surprise you on what element they benefit from (like Legion of daggers being poison).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Based on that guys build, I'll switch some things up tonight. He's mainly a DoT build, but throws the zombie dogs in there, and then has a big BAM move with Soul Harvest.

I'll see about rerolling my amulet to +physical, or +cold damage to make better use of my skills.
smile.png

Dis

Confirmed Male
Based on that guys build, I'll switch some things up tonight. He's mainly a DoT build, but throws the zombie dogs in there, and then has a big BAM move with Soul Harvest.

I'll see about rerolling my amulet to +physical, or +cold damage to make better use of my skills.
smile.png
Remember he is using a set bonus which pushes all that DoT damage to direct. Just FYI

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Another issue is the Fetish Army summon pending what rune, is based in what the rune States (on the advanced tooltip). For instance, Tiki torches rune makes ALL those fetishes deal fire damage, not just the one spewing fire. The +physical only works with base Fetish Army or ambush rune. Legion of daggers for instance is poison-based. The +physical also works for the Fetish passive.

Most people do not realize this...It has also been confirmed a thousand times. This goes with any pet the WD summons
Well the spells are affected by the corresponding element to the rune, but technically a lot of these still hit for another element. It's not relevant in terms of numbers, but they don't technically do that element damage, they are simply tagged to be increased by stuff that increase the element. Most physical rune attacks for example still do your weapon damage type, but regardless of what weapon damage mod you have are only affected by physical %. I believe fetishes still do physical damage, but yeah a fire fetish rune would increase the entire army damage with fire% even then. I don't really know the element of fetish runes, I guess the ones firing poison darts are poison and the ones breath fire are fire while the other runes are all physical, which is fairly similar to garg and dogs having one fire one poison and rest phys runes. No cold pet sadly.

Edit: Disregard after testing they all do fire damage, wouldn't have affected damage anyway.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
And yet you post your own opinions freely. Don't interpret my post as an attack, I was merely asking why you thought they were the best dps. All the videos and streams I'd manage to find didn't impress. Pyros' video however, that is impressive. Swear I thought they limited the dot consumption from jade harvester to a certain # of ticks. I'll agree that spirit walk works alright between packs, not so much when you're not killing stuff. Which is usually when you need it most.

BTW, why do you keep dragging teck around in your groups when he quite clearly doesn't meet the standards you place upon others?
im pretty much a beast bro! just need my foote to make me a god.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Well the spells are affected by the corresponding element to the rune, but technically a lot of these still hit for another element. It's not relevant in terms of numbers, but they don't technically do that element damage, they are simply tagged to be increased by stuff that increase the element. Most physical rune attacks for example still do your weapon damage type, but regardless of what weapon damage mod you have are only affected by physical %. I believe fetishes still do physical damage, but yeah a fire fetish rune would increase the entire army damage with fire% even then. I don't really know the element of fetish runes, I guess the ones firing poison darts are poison and the ones breath fire are fire while the other runes are all physical, which is fairly similar to garg and dogs having one fire one poison and rest phys runes. No cold pet sadly.
It has been confirmed this is not the case. For instance, Legion of Daggers rune States it gives 3 more fetishes, nothing about what type of damage in the description, in the advanced tooltip however shows "poison" under the name. SO it turns all the fetishes into dealing poison. Same with Tiki torches, all the fetishes, regardless if they spew fire or not, now deal fire.

The only Fetish Army to be physical is ambush and base rune, along with the Fetish passive.

Yet again, this has been confirmed through a million sources.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It has been confirmed this is not the case. For instance, Legion of Daggers rune States it gives 3 more fetishes, nothing a out what type of damage in the description, it the advanced tooltip shows "poison" under the name. However, it also turns all the fetishes into dealing poison. Same with Tiki torches, all the fetishes, regardless if they spew fire or not, now deal fire.

The only Fetish Army to be physical is ambush and base rune, along with the Fetish passive.
What's been confirmed is they're all affected by fire%, but what I'm saying is they still deal physical damage. It's just cosmetics though, but basically if one of your dagger fetish kills a mob, it doesn't burn, it does the normal death animation, aka it was hit by physical. The damage it did is still increased by fire % because the rune is tagged fire so the entire army is increased regardless. As I said it's not relevant in terms of numbers.

Edit: Nvm they do all hit for fire, I guess that only works for physical runes hitting for your weapon damage type but still being affected by phys %, still cosmetics shit though.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love my WD but I can't find anything better than the vampire bats so far. The locusts swarm seems too slow, I don't know. I loved my WD prior to 2.0 because I used the bat blender build and it was badass but now I find my WD to be too much of a pain to manage the resources without using all pets and the vampire bats. It could be that I haven't found a nice flow to the my gameplay or maybe it's the lack of creativity in my build.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not +poison damage and Rabid Dogs, Big Stinker, and Locust Swarm?

I'm talking mid-range here, not T6
Whatever works I would assume? People do T1-T4 even in all kinds of interesting specs that work well. I've stolen a lot of tricks on my Wizard from grouping with other ones who were doing some wacky but very effective builds like Cosmic Strand + MLW + Arcane Orbit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My monk butt is so hurt that everyone else can socket their highest dps gems and get decent defense benefits from them, but dodge is still shit so I have to roll with diamonds.