Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
What are other crusaders settling on? I like holy shotgun, but I don't think it works too well without the full set to backup its high wrath cost.
Lacking akhan set (only have 2 pieces), im using jakenbord + fotf, blessed shield as finisher. having shield glare on such short cd with the towering shield passive rly help, and heaven fury with ascendacy rune its really powerful. Doing t6 np at, around 1.23 million dps, 9.9m toughness, 80% holy around, 47% vs elite and plus 30ish around to blessed shield. It get slower on single boss, but at that point i switch bs for fist/divine well or shield bash (still not sure bout shield bash, it hit hard but feel strange).

Toying with the idea of tyring a physical build: with 80% holy and shield bash with the holy rune, i crit up to 50 million, with the physical rune + phalanx guess u may get some nice numbers, with enough +physical. We'll see i guess, tho as soon as i get the rest of the set im switching to fire of heaven.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh neat, I didn't even see that Towering Shield reduces shield glare. I'll have to add that to my passives. I haven't played my crusader in a long time but i'm trying to go back to him. I severely lack elite% and elemental% damage to make my holy shotgun build more viable. I can only do T3 until i get more of those % damage boosts.

Hopefully I can get him some god damn loot this weekend though, his gear is still so shitty because he has the worst luck on drops haha
Based - Community - Diablo III

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've gotten like 100 rift shards and done like 10 rifts and I haven't seen a single set item, other than a plan. I've gotten plenty of legendaries, but most of them suck. I've spend at least 500 blood shards also, with almost nothing good. Hoping my luck turns around soon!

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I've gotten like 100 rift shards and done like 10 rifts and I haven't seen a single set item, other than a plan. I've gotten plenty of legendaries, but most of them suck. I've spend at least 500 blood shards also, with almost nothing good. Hoping my luck turns around soon!
I've gotten two set items in the last day for my crusader. Luck of the draw. I'm enjoying the buffed drop rates. It'd be awesome if Blizz made them permanent.

Rondel - Community - Diablo III

I need to gear up my Wizard, but having too much fun on my Crusader.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gambled 4 piece Vyr's, given Kadala's usually a bitch, kinda happy with her right about now. Would like it if I could find semi decent amulets, but gotta have the carrot

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got my amulet yesterday. Took 36 rerolls to get the +95% crit damage, but I got it. Now I still need a good mirrorball and a Cindercoat or Vyr set pieces. Oh and one of the super wands would be nice. Either the combustion or the hydra one.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I know it's not quite as in-fashion as the shotgun spec post-2.0.5 but damn this is a nice dps upgrade for my baby crusader.

hDRZzSO.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
I love reading the 4 new pages of D3 stuff when I get on and seeing 0 people posting about their Demon Hunters.

This may be indicative of something.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I love reading the 4 new pages of D3 stuff when I get on and seeing 0 people posting about their Demon Hunters.

This may be indicative of something.
I've tried the maurader's 6 piece bonus since the patch, there's definitely potential there, but I definitely need some better gear to use it. Tested it on T6 and using a Kridershot with elemental arrow (shadow tendrils) things were much more survivable (using sentry). Went physical so pets, sentries and elemental arrow could all go benefit from +physical gear. Used a bombadier's ruckshot. This build uses very little hate - you can avoid putting paragon points into +hate max and resource reduction (and you don't need reaper bracer or blood vengeance). Don't know how viable it will be using gear more appropriate for this, need marauder pants so I can use a Tasker and Theo with it (sentries are pets). The call pet skill uses all 6 runes when you use the active skill.

The new dex to armor passive helps also.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've tried the maurader's 6 piece bonus since the patch, there's definitely potential there, but I definitely need some better gear to use it. Tested it on T6 and using a Kridershot with elemental arrow (shadow tendrils) things were much more survivable (using sentry). Went physical so pets, sentries and elemental arrow could all go benefit from +physical gear. Used a bombadier's ruckshot. This build uses very little hate - you can avoid putting paragon points into +hate max and resource reduction (and you don't need reaper bracer or blood vengeance). Don't know how viable it will be using gear more appropriate for this, need marauder pants so I can use a Tasker and Theo with it (sentries are pets). The call pet skill uses all 6 runes when you use the active skill.

The new dex to armor passive helps also.
Saw a video of a guy running 3 spenders+sentries+6pc marauder+sentry quiver. I wasn't aware that's how it works but apparently sentries try to cast every spender you have, not just one, so if you have 2 or more spenders, then they do a lot more damage. He was running Impale, Multishot and Cluster, so each sentry was spamming multi+impale+cluster at the same time, then Sentry, Smoke Screen and Companion obviously(for the other set bonus). Looked pretty fucking boring due to the cd on sentries though, I wish they changed it to a charge based skill it'd be SO MUCH better. But he was doing tier6 at a reasonable speed with that setup, bit slow at the start but once you have 3sentries down elites melts in seconds, just annoying on certain maps with low density. You just advance by "linking" sentries so when you move ahead the sentries you left behind at still within range to shoot so you get a faster start than at the start of the dungeon.

Anyway it was just a proof of concept build, interesting one nonetheless. I think if you run it with preparation instead of impale and just shoot at stuff yourself, it'd clear even faster.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Saw a video of a guy running 3 spenders+sentries+6pc marauder+sentry quiver. I wasn't aware that's how it works but apparently sentries try to cast every spender you have, not just one, so if you have 2 or more spenders, then they do a lot more damage. He was running Impale, Multishot and Cluster, so each sentry was spamming multi+impale+cluster at the same time, then Sentry, Smoke Screen and Companion obviously(for the other set bonus). Looked pretty fucking boring due to the cd on sentries though, I wish they changed it to a charge based skill it'd be SO MUCH better. But he was doing tier6 at a reasonable speed with that setup, bit slow at the start but once you have 3sentries down elites melts in seconds, just annoying on certain maps with low density. You just advance by "linking" sentries so when you move ahead the sentries you left behind at still within range to shoot so you get a faster start than at the start of the dungeon.

Anyway it was just a proof of concept build, interesting one nonetheless. I think if you run it with preparation instead of impale and just shoot at stuff yourself, it'd clear even faster.
Sentries can only fire one spender at a time, then they go into cooldown (time is based on spender used). However, if you have more than one spender, each one is on a separate cooldown. I suggest cluster arrow (dazzling arrow), multishot (full broadside), elemental arrow(shadow tendrils). Your sentry will fire a multishot with stun, then a multishot, then elemental arrow, then repeat. If you have more spenders, it may not fire elemental arrow at all (tested this). You don't NEED a Kridershot, but it does give you a shot to spam if you are low on hate. I still recommend a reaper bracer so you can recharge hate fast if you want to throw some cluster arrow or multishots into the mix yourself. Pretty interesting build.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right I just didn't expect them to be on individual cooldowns, and that it would just pick one spender and cast that whenever it could instead, so that's quite a bit better. Even just running 2spenders is nice. I'd probably go for a fire build though, 5pc marauder, using cindercoat for chest and using RoG for the 6pc bonus obviously, would let you use a fire spender without a builder fine with blood vengeance or reaper's wraps(or both). Going for Krider+elemental arrow is a nice idea though, since that lets you use a builder that also doubles as a sentry spender, but the fire elemental arrows are pretty shit at the same time so you'd need another element and I don't really know if it'd be worth it. Physical especially is fairly awful in terms of itemization. Maybe with an Andarius with a physical roll. Frost would work fine with the gloves, however there's the issue that there's just not many frost skills other than frost arrows, I'm only thinking of Rapid Fire(which I don't think works with sentries) and builders, no other spenders use frost. Fucking shit design if you ask me.

Anyway the reason there's not much discussion about DH I think is simply because there's one superior build that most people use and do slight variations on(fire cluster build) and it's very efficient, but there's just not much to say about it. You stack all the fire damage you can, you get good gear, you get enough hatred generation methods(reaper, blood vengeance, preparation+nightstalker, pride's fall) and you just equip utility+cluster loaded for bear and that's that.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Just got my SMK, gotta give that new spec a spin when I get home from the GFs graduation, seems like it rolled decent, 2200dps crit hit dmg, vit/int. gonna swap vit out for a socket.